• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
So...I was attacked by Cultists at the beginning of Dragonborn while I was in Whiterun. Their bodies are still lingering around, irl weeks later and definitely in-game months later. Is this supposed to happen?

They're dumped in the little burn next to Warmaidens...stripped naked. The Alik'r (who are also still annoyingly hanging around) keep asking what happened.

Anyone else have this?

LucasNL

Leave them under the bridge near the gate?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
You need to remove the letter from the bodies and them I'm sure they do disappear, it's just it takes a long time for the cell to reset and clear those bodies, especially as you probably visit whiterun very often like most players which resets the counter, I think you will need to avoid whiterun for 30 in game days, then they should be gone, or you could just hide them somewhere, same with the Alik'r, kill them and hide them.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
Letters are removed, they have no clothes and no items. They're empty. They also were dragged under the bridge...but the Alik'r still like to be obnoxious and go down there to gawk and demand what happened (why are they still there either, no clue).

Weird game! lol

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I hate when bodies do that. Usually I just end up hiding them somewhere out of sight, out of mind. The same thing happened for those blasted Alik'r. I just kill them and stash them under the bridge, they are SO. ANNOYING.

RyuLevone

I have bodies from the Dawnguard dlc still hanging around Whiterun I think. I've just learned to ignore them. Never thought about dragging them away to be honest.

I haven't played any Dragonborn content yet, but with vampires, I usually drag the bodies out of the way.
'Course, I'm also a horrible person who plays with dead bodies.

RyuLevone

I haven't played any Dragonborn content yet, but with vampires, I usually drag the bodies out of the way.
'Course, I'm also a horrible person who plays with dead bodies.
I spent an hour propping a body up in a chair. My mom watched. Sad to say she's used to me doing crap like that haha.

I spent an hour propping a body up in a chair. My mom watched. Sad to say she's used to me doing crap like that haha.
I did exactly that in New Vegas, so I feel for ya.

RyuLevone

So I just happened to go to Whiterun. I found a body of one of the cultists. I think the vampire bodies disappeared while I was in Solsthiem.

Cruzz27

Letters are removed, they have no clothes and no items. They're empty. They also were dragged under the bridge...but the Alik'r still like to be obnoxious and go down there to gawk and demand what happened (why are they still there either, no clue).

Weird game! lol

Im having that same problem right now. Although I havent tried what Wrighty said. Leave whitrun for 30 games days ( give or take a few days). Im gonna try this right now.

RyuLevone

I had this thought a couple days ago. If you can't get the bodies to disappear you could always use raise zombie on them and leave the city. They'll eventually turn to ash somewhere else and you're good to go. I think.

Cruzz27

I had this thought a couple days ago. If you can't get the bodies to disappear you could always use raise zombie on them and leave the city. They'll eventually turn to ash somewhere else and you're good to go. I think.

Haha
Good thinkin

Benthos

Proud Mer
Yeah, the bodies are still there for me, first time after downloading the DLC I was jumped at Riften on my Bosmer's profile but since then I started my 2nd Argonian account (bad guy) and he was also jumped at Whiterun. I just leave them some place where there's less traffic like around Ysolda's shack as well as off near the Hall of the Dead.

Decent idea if you're not too high of a level causing them to be too powerful for it, you'll have to use the Ritual Stone's power otherwise if the Revenant and Zombie spells don't work.

Cruzz27

Yeah, the bodies are still there for me, first time after downloading the DLC I was jumped at Riften on my Bosmer's profile but since then I started my 2nd Argonian account (bad guy) and he was also jumped at Whiterun. I just leave them some place where there's less traffic like around Ysolda's shack as well as off near the Hall of the Dead.

Decent idea if you're not too high of a level causing them to be too powerful for it, you'll have to use the Ritual Stone's power otherwise if the Revenant and Zombie spells don't work.

This is what im having to do

Chadonraz

This sure is annoying. The one time I was attacked in Whiterun I eventually dragged the bodies behind Warmaiden's, because up to ten NPCs would gather around one of them, for several game hours at a time. The bodies now serve as a doormat outside the shop's backdoor. :D

Maybe I'll get attacked in Dragon Bridge this time around. Then I could just drop the Cultists off the cliff and down to the Haafingar Stormcloak camp. >:-D

Sierra312

The Alik'r were always hanging around Whiterun, so I put a crossbow bolt through one from the roof of the barracks, turning the other hostile, which caused my followers to attack him.

Didn't get any bounty for the action, but their bodies were lying around for a while.

Cultist bodies were still lying in the main street, but everybody seemed to ignore them. I hid them under the bridge anyway to tidy the place up a bit.

dragonman7209

yeah mine are still lying there in whiterun, one of them was raised on a vamp attack and is now a pile of ash still there
my second one was finally raised in another vamp attack, so i timed it just right and now i have two cultist ash piles at the end of the entrance by the fire pits. one on each side. it looks kinda cool

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts