• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Patches

Your first encounter with the Cultists, who seek you out and if you walk away they stalk you like some creeps. (Happened on my second char...)
Well, the people of Riften are mourning the loss of their beloved Cultist (the one near the market place, not the one slumped near the city entrance, stripped of everything....). Every five seconds, when I take a stroll near the canal, I hear "Oh no...what happened?" HE'S BEEN LYING THERE FOR FIVE FLUFFIN' MONTHS. I swear, I think I'll start using them as containers...

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
They attacked me in riverwood and sigrid (Alvors wife) was killed, Alvor and sigrid had a very, very small conversation and now Alvor has lost her, this made me very angry because I helped this familiy out, not only that but Alvor ran away and he never came back :/, So I proceeded to Solsthiem which I wasnt going to at first.

Chadonraz

I think I still have a picture of a bunch of Whiterun folks (including Mila, without her mother!) crouched over a dead Cultist, who at that point had been lying there for several game weeks, if not months... *goes to search her imgur pics*

Oh yes, here it is:

5wf5HT1.jpg

I usually trigger the attack in a town/settlement where there are a lot of guards, so that no one except the Cultists would get killed. However last time I totally forgot they were gonna appear... luckily everyone in Falkreath survived!

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
they attacked me in riften and the guards helped them. they've been conspiring against me for ages. i retreated into the cistern and the guard/alliance followed. thieves guild were quick to engage.

reminded me of the end of the dark knight rises.

Rimfaxe96

They tried to jump me right in front of the Jarls house in Morthal. Luckily it was nighttime and everyone was in their homes, so taking them out happened without any further bloodshed.

Patches

I do enjoy watching Mjoll pet a dead guy, though :D
I find it kind of cute, petting a dead guy... XD

I been wondering about this for long time now , so please help me with this noob question . When we install the Legend D.L.C. content into our systems ( I'm on X-BOX ) you have all this coming at you so fast , Vampire's attacking , Cultist attacking etc . The Question is after you loot the letter off the Cultist , if you don't read it will it give you time to do the Dawnguard Quest line 1st with out having to deal with the Dragonborne line untill later ??? I really prefer to have some control on what I am dealing with at a slower pace . Tks for any help :Dragonborn:

Dawn

I been wondering about this for long time now , so please help me with this noob question . When we install the Legend D.L.C. content into our systems ( I'm on X-BOX ) you have all this coming at you so fast , Vampire's attacking , Cultist attacking etc . The Question is after you loot the letter off the Cultist , if you don't read it will it give you time to do the Dawnguard Quest line 1st with out having to deal with the Dragonborne line untill later ??? I really prefer to have some control on what I am dealing with at a slower pace . Tks for any help :Dragonborn:

From what I've seen, as long as you don't read the letter, you won't be interrupted by any of the Dragonborne line until you do (though after reading and not acting, the only thing I've seen happen is Miraak showing up from time to time at dragon kills to steal the souls).

And as to the cultist attacks, I've taken to fast travel somewhere like Dawnstar after going to High Hrothgar so I can easily pull them out of town and kill them off the side of the road away from everything.

It gets old seeing half a dozen NPCs standing around weeks old dead bodies at the gate to Whiterun all saying "what happened" over and over.

On a related note, I'd love to see these scripted encounters reworked in future games.

It is incredibly immersion breaking, not to mention annoying, to get accosted by cultist or vampires at the same time the Redguard warriors ask for help in finding that woman while a courier is trying to give you several messages or some other random event like the 'challenger' also triggers.

Actually now that I think about it, I'd like to see anything tied to quests require actual player actions to trigger AND have the ability to accept or decline, no more spamming my character with scripted events or NPCs that choke up the journal with quests I have no intention of doing.

From what I've seen, as long as you don't read the letter, you won't be interrupted by any of the Dragonborne line until you do (though after reading and not acting, the only thing I've seen happen is Miraak showing up from time to time at dragon kills to steal the souls).

And as to the cultist attacks, I've taken to fast travel somewhere like Dawnstar after going to High Hrothgar so I can easily pull them out of town and kill them off the side of the road away from everything.

It gets old seeing half a dozen NPCs standing around weeks old dead bodies at the gate to Whiterun all saying "what happened" over and over.

On a related note, I'd love to see these scripted encounters reworked in future games.

It is incredibly immersion breaking, not to mention annoying, to get accosted by cultist or vampires at the same time the Redguard warriors ask for help in finding that woman while a courier is trying to give you several messages or some other random event like the 'challenger' also triggers.

Actually now that I think about it, I'd like to see anything tied to quests require actual player actions to trigger AND have the ability to accept or decline, no more spamming my character with scripted events or NPCs that choke up the journal with quests I have no intention of doing.

Thanks for helping me I appreciate it . :bluedragon:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Totally agree with you Dawn. I installed the DLC's to one of my xbox's and my character is over level 60 and I didn't think. Fast travelled to Whiterun and BAM! Cultists, Vampires, Gargoyles..oh and a courier handing me a pamphlet from the orphanage.. mayhem!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts