CTD with no mods?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jtlcmt

So I've played skyrim (the original) for over 50 hours on steam and played with a bunch of different mods. But I all of the sudden, it wont let me play. I press new game and the loading screen pops up, but then it crashes with no error message or anything.

If anyone is able to help me with this, then it would be much appreciated.

Like I said I have no mods, but I have all of the DLC

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
Well, if there aren't any mods, the only thing I can think of is checking game file integrity in the Steam client. If that doesn't help, then just go ahead and reinstall the game. Just wipe everything and start fresh. When the same issue persists, that would then be out of my realm of expertise.

I would like to point out you say you don't have mods, but you wrote in your post that you;ve been playing with them. If there are mods in the data folder still, then you'll want to either uncheck them in the Skyrim config menu or play around with the load order with a program like LOOT. I will mention, I say LOOT because that's what I've always used. I don't know if there are any other up-and-coming ones out these days.

Jtlcmt

Ok, so now the games working, but now the taskbar wont go away when I start the game?
Could you also help me with this please?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts