• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

blaknwite

I'm new to the forums so, hi :)

I've searched them (as well as the internet) and cannot find a solution to this issue I'm having. I hope someone can suggest a fix.

I play with a lot of mods but everything was working just fine, I haven't installed anything new in the last day. However, all day today I was unable to save on my current game. Whenever I save I CTD. I figured out a work-around; if I load my game from the title screen, then load my game AGAIN. Everything works just fine...

So it's not the end of the world but If I forget to load twice and try to save (using any of the saves) it CTDs. I don't think it's a mod issue seeing as how I played for quite a while with my current mods. I have not tried to re-install Skyrim completely clean and go from there because I want to continue on my current save game.

If no one can suggest a course of action I CAN re-install Skyrim, re-install my mods and try my save. I'm trying to avoid all that work but I can do it.

I tried earlier saves and they seem to work, have not tried a new character but I assume if earlier saves work new characters will work as well.

PS: This is NOT related to the quest Waking Nightmare

HansTorka

the same , started to happen today, first time, bought the game on the release day, and started to play it as soon as i got to my PC ( so its over an year ), ive been getting a lot of probs, but CTD on save is the first time, from what i read on the net, its not a new problem, and basicly as to do with the save files being ******.TMP where they should be ******. ESS, can someone give me a fix on this problem?

Ive deleted some old saves ( to reducing the file size ) erased the new .TMP save files , and restarted from the last .ESS file...but no luck what so ever...

HansTorka

the same , started to happen today, first time, bought the game on the release day, and started to play it as soon as i got to my PC ( so its over an year ), ive been getting a lot of probs, but CTD on save is the first time, from what i read on the net, its not a new problem, and basicly as to do with the save files being ******.TMP where they should be ******. ESS, can someone give me a fix on this problem?

Ive deleted some old saves ( to reducing the file size ) erased the new .TMP save files , and restarted from the last .ESS file...but no luck what so ever...

HansTorka

well, ive tried to shut off all automaticly saves, and only saved after exiting to "skyrim", it worked so far...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts