CTD every time I travel to Winterhold

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ForeveraKritik

I've seen dozens of other users have this issue, I've spent the last three days reading through forum after forum, but none of them have found a solution.

Simply put: I can't travel to Winterhold or the College. As soon as I attempt to fast travel, use the coc console commands, or walk into the city limits, the game immediately crashes to the desktop. The odd thing is that I have gone to Winterhold plenty of times (I've even completed the College questline). It's only just now that this CTD has presented itself.

I HAVE ALREADY TRIED:
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Skyrim
Verifying my files through Steam
Cleaning save files/deleting orphan files
Disabling all mods/opening a Vanilla file

None of these solutions have worked.

Before you blame it on a mod, IT'S NOT THE MODS. The disabling mods solution didn't work, plus about half of the people struggling with this issue that I've ready about in other forums are on vanilla game files with no mods. This is a bug in the Skyrim game file.

I'm dying here. I've got nearly 200 hours on this save file. Literally everything else works without a hitch, I just can't travel to Winterhold.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts