Creative Names for Enchanted Weapons and Armor

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Willow

Hey Guys!
What are some creative names you've given to your enchanted weapons and armor in the game? I recently made a new dragonbone sword and enchanted it with soul trap and chaos, and named it Durnehiir Sil Suleyk: after the name of the dragon you can summon from the Soul Carin and the word for soul and power in dragon language. I know I'm insane, but is anyone else obsessed with making up interesting names for their gear?

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Souldrinker, Kinslayer, the Weeping Blade, the Axe of Rending.

The first two work for bows too.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Legendary Wooden Sword of Ass Paddling.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
I like soul-trapping DB contracts, then using their souls to enchant items named after them.

Medallion of Unbridled Capitalism (Vittoria Vici; Fortify Barter)
Ironcrumbler (Bethild; Shock Damage [nice to have a pickaxe with some kick in case I get disarmed])
Songender (Lubruk; Fear)

And so on...

Some other good ones:
The Duck of Death (Legendary dagger; absorb health, frost damage). Got the name from Unforgiven.
The Lotus Eater (Bow; firey soul-trap). Got the name from Revenge of the Pink Panther.

Clau

The Fateless One
Enchanted a Blades sword with some ample fire damage and renamed it Goldbrand.

I'll get to work with my own version of this one:

tumblr_lvmanjGXsO1qktbn2o1_400.jpg

Willow

I like soul-trapping DB contracts, then using their souls to enchant items named after them.

Medallion of Unbridled Capitalism (Vittoria Vici; Fortify Barter)
Ironcrumbler (Bethild; Shock Damage [nice to have a pickaxe with some kick in case I get disarmed])
Songender (Lubruk; Fear)

And so on...

Some other good ones:
The Duck of Death (Legendary dagger; absorb health, frost damage). Got the name from Unforgiven.
The Lotus Eater (Bow; firey soul-trap). Got the name from Revenge of the Pink Panther.

I really like this idea! I just love soul trapping annoying characters and then sending them to the Soul Carin FOREVER when I enchant. SO satisfying.

Panthera

Don Gato
I had all kinds of names like swords with fire damage and soul trap was named Sword of the Burning Soul. Or if there was frost damage instead of fire then it was Sword of the Freezing Soul, Sword of the Sparked Soul...

I had a dagger enchanted with little shock damage once and I named it Sparky like the mages guild pet from oblivion.

Ring with 40% one hand and sneak it was called Ring of Hidden Blade.

Now I'm naming end game gear with my character's name. So after it dies. Other adventures can collect pieces of my char's legendary gear. :D

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
Love this. Some of my current Nord rebel's gear:

General Tullius' Armor (as a memento, not used in the field), enchanted (using his soul) with fortify carry weight: Imperial Pack Mule Cuirass

Nordic Bow, enchanted with fire damage and fiery soul trap: Purgatory

Nordic Carved Armor, enchanted with fortify heavy armor and fortify healing rate: Armor of the Resilient One

Nordic Great Sword, enchanted with shock damage and fear: Thal-No-Mor

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
Well my current character has two daggers and an legendary ebony bow. The bow is called Ulfvindr which roughly translates as "Wolf Wind". It had an enchantment for paralysis and I thought the name fit quite nicely.

The daggers are less creative. One is called Sir Stabs-A-Lot and the other is called Mr.Pointy. It was about 5am when I named them and I was running on caffeine and sugar by that point.

Dustman

The Silver Blade
I once took a forsworn bow, and shot a cabbage with it. Skyrim physics made it fly up to a GSP (Giant Space Program) satellite. It later became know as Space Cabbage.

It's my favorite bow on any character. Names are special.

Voodoo_uk2

I gave my latest follower i nice Daedric Hammer to slap a few bods with still have to grab some Ebony to make it Ledge but he seems ok with handling that thing atm ( Normally two hits and they begging for mercy ).. i dont want to make it tooo easy for him now he's rollin with the DragonBorn

tht.jpg

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
- I have an Elven greatsword called 'Excallibur' after the legendary weapon of King Arthur.
- I gave a follower with a girlfriend/wife a steel greatsword named 'Nomine Uxoris' wich is Latin for 'In the Name of the Wife'. It should bring the owner back home safe and unharmed. It has an Absorb Health power.
- I gave Lydia a glass greatsword named 'Gladianus Extranus' wich is Latin and means 'the Sword of the Stranger'
- I named the Ebony Warhammer I killed Alduin with 'Alduins Hammer'. Not very original - but still :)

Willow

- I have an Elven greatsword called 'Excallibur' after the legendary weapon of King Arthur.
- I gave a follower with a girlfriend/wife a steel greatsword named 'Nomine Uxoris' wich is Latin for 'In the Name of the Wife'. It should bring the owner back home safe and unharmed. It has an Absorb Health power.
- I gave Lydia a glass greatsword named 'Gladianus Extranus' wich is Latin and means 'the Sword of the Stranger'
- I named the Ebony Warhammer I killed Alduin with 'Alduins Hammer'. Not very original - but still :)

I also name items in Latin! Glad I'm not alone...

I have a necklace of water breathing and health regeneration named Natare Sanitas (Swimming Health) :)

theoduck

Latin sounds awesome ;) And it makes sense. I prefer names that really mean something.
Oh believe me; if you know who Lubruk is, then you know that naming a weapon enchanted with his soul "Songender" definitely means something! :)

EDIT: But if you wanna get all "meaningful," I suppose naming it "Coda" would do nicely.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Oh believe me; if you know who Lubruk is, then you know that naming a weapon enchanted with his soul "Songender" definitely means something! :)

I know many things mean sometehing :) But I prefer a name in an ancient language like ancient Egyptian or Latin. I like it when I translate a name and discover what it means.

theoduck

I know many things mean sometehing :) But I prefer a name in an ancient language like ancient Egyptian or Latin. I like it when I translate a name and discover what it means.
That's why "Coda," which means pretty much the same as "Songender," might be more suitable. Coda has more ancient roots and is an actual musical term.

Willow

How do you name items??

When you're enchanting, after you pick the item, enchantment(s) and soul gem, you press rename item before you create it, on the xbox I think it's the Y button. It will take you to a screen where you can type anything you want.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts