Creative Names for Enchanted Weapons and Armor

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
That's why "Coda," which means pretty much the same as "Songender," might be more suitable. Coda has more ancient roots and is an actual musical term.

What is Coda :p Sorry, I am just a weirdo from the Netherlands.. :)

XHardcoreX

Nord Warrior
When you're enchanting, after you pick the item, enchantment(s) and soul gem, you press rename item before you create it, on the xbox I think it's the Y button. It will take you to a screen where you can type anything you want.
Wowwww! I had nooooo idea! Thanks!

Willow

Wowwww! I had nooooo idea! Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't realize you could do this for a while either. Kind of addicting though. Sometimes I take a really long time coming up with names. Have fun! :D

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
It would be awesome if you could use your progress in Skyrim in the next Elder Scroll game.. Bethesda could create a questline where you have to find the Legendary Sword of the Dragonborn xD (who passed away centuries ago)

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
On my first official dragonborn character (not my literal first character when I started playing, I mean the first I wrote a dragonborn story for), I enchanted a Daedric Dagger with absorb health and absorb magicka, and called it "Parasite". As for my armor, I just named it "Nikten-Tei's (my first character's name) [Insert name of Armor here]"

Although, during Vaermina's daedric quest I got a pair of Vaermina Robes from the dead priests and enchanted them with Fortify Illusion & Magicka Regen and Fortify Alteration & Magicka Regen and named them the "Dream Walker's Robes". Because Vaermina is the daedric lord of dreams, nightmares and stuff, and both illusion and magicka spells manipulate the environment around someone.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
What is Coda :p Sorry, I am just a weirdo from the Netherlands.. :)
In music, the coda is the ending section of the song. It is used in musical notation when the ending differs from the regular structure of the song.

This is a good example; the ending is slightly different from the rest of the song:

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
I also name items in Latin! Glad I'm not alone...

I have a necklace of water breathing and health regeneration named Natare Sanitas (Swimming Health) :)
I do too, I spend time varriating the words so the sound cooler. Venantium in unguem (The hunters claw) is my family dagger.

Willow

I do too, I spend time varriating the words so the sound cooler. Venantium in unguem (The hunters claw) is my family dagger.

I sometimes use Greek words as well. Recently I got into using the dragon language in the actual game because it seemed to make more sense. Here's a useful list of words if you want to check it out

Dragon Language - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

FullmetalHeart20

Hmm...For weapons, any bladed weapon with Chaos damage and stamina drain. I'd call it Nature's Edge. For apparel, a ring that fortifies illusion and speech. I'd call it Puppet Hands.

Zexks

Spinecutter - Dragonbone sword with paralyze.
EDIT: Also got a waterbreathing ring called Snorkle.

Panthera

Don Gato
I just had a funny idea for waterbreathing enchantment name... "Fish Nose Necklace"! ^^

Chadonraz

I named my soul-trapping bow Sielusyöppö, after I realized I could use letters not in the English alphabet. :D
The name is Finnish, and a rough translation would be "something that consumes lots of souls". :cool:

FullmetalHeart20

A ruby gold ring with health increase and regeneration called the fruit of life, and a sapphire gold necklace enchanted with magicka increase and regeneration called the fruit of knowledge. Both enchanted to the highest level.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I think naming your items is the best part of enchanting.

My current character is using:

Woeherald- Ebony bow enhanced with soul-tap.
Valenwood Ranger Tunic- Markarth Guard's Tunic.
Archery Arm Guards- Leather bracers with + archery
Boots of the Gladestalker - Leather boots with + sneak

I even name jewelry, when I have the time for it. Eagle-Eye Band and Soft-Step Pendant. Both of them gold and emerald.

I really like how rangerly my bosmer looks right now, I will probably keep this gear and keep improving it!

My Ebony sword with Paralyze and Shock enchantments is called Pasturella (the bacterium responsible for the Black Death)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts