Creation Kit - Remove Gras

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Perun

I found the anwser:
The grass is tied to the textures. Supposedly if you repaint a new texture with no grass in it, it will replace that texture ingame and remove the grass. It doesn't seem to update in the creation kit though and some people still sound like they're having trouble with it either way.

I hope this will help other people :) And thanks Rayven.

Ping

Hi Rayven, that's really helpful thanks :) At the moment though, I'm placing a house in the Wilderness, and I only want to NOT have grass around (and through) my house and path, not for the whole cell. Is it possible (I've not checked) to uncheck the grass box as you say above, then manually add grass to the rest of the cell?

And to Caponez0r: not very helpful :-/

James Biddulph

Seems to be a pretty basic thing to leave out of the creator, you can add and remove everything but the grass, the very thing that gets in the way of anything you want to put in the game. Shame on you Bethusda

James Biddulph

By the way I tried the last idea by Perun and it does not work, and switching grass off just gets rid of all grass in the area, not what we wanted at all. We need to get rid of grass where you put buildings,rocks and stuff like that, there is nothing worse than seeing grass blowing in the wind coming from the heart of a rock (BAH) with this little oversight it is pointless even trying to mod this game.

James Biddulph

I have found a workaround for this problem.

Go to the cell you want to delete the grass in, startup landscape editing by clicking the button in the menu, left click on the area and hit the 'I' key, this will bring up all the textures used in that area. It is divided into 4 "Quads" find the one that has the grass texture beit LFieldGrass01 or whatever and RIGHT click it, this gives you the option to replace or delete the texture in that "Quad" if replaceing just find the 'no grass' texture to replace the one you are currently using. It still does not show up in the editor but the grass does disappear in the game. You will need to experiment until you get the right "Quad" if there is more than one with grass in it.

Hope this has helped someone.

TM_Gage

Alright, I had the same problem, grass not wanting to be removed. I tried searching everywhere, and found here. I know this thread is a bit old, since February it looks like, but I have gotten back into modding and stumbled upon the annoying grass bug.

Floating Grass Fix - Creation Kit

Follow the short, quick instructions, and then it will be fixed.

Scoobs

So I believe that I have the solution! There can only be a total of 4 textures per cell. So hopefully not all 4 of your textures have grass attached to them! Therefore the solution would be to put a texture that does not grow grass under the floor that has the grass issue. For example: I built a house in the forest, there are 4 textures in my cell (pine forest 01 & 02, rocks01, and dirtpath01), so I put "dirtpath01" under my house and now I no longer have grass poking through!
Hopefully this helps!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts