PC Creation Kit Out in January with Steam integration

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

This topic is pretty self explanatory. The creation kit will be out in january along with s wiki and tutorial videos to show how to use it. It will allow users to take advantage of radiant story. Also the big feature is that it will use Steam workshop like Source games do so that you can upload and downloaf mods through steam.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
The read:

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

With one thing I would like to quote:

We’ve also realized that with the millions upon millions of people playing Skyrim, we need to treat our updates with greater care. If we get too aggressive trying to fix a minor issue, we run a risk of breaking something larger in a game like this. To be safe, we are prioritizing code side fixes right now over data fixes. Quest and balance issues are usually data, and those will start rolling in a large way with the January updates.

As much as (wtf why is my type highlighted like this...) hate quest glitches, as much as or even more so than the next guy, we have to be a little patient and let the code side fixes be taken care of, the data side fixes will come. Have faith in Bethesda! Carry on.

EDIT: Ok that's better...

Flamingtaco

The read:
As much as (wtf why is my type highlighted like this...) hate quest glitches, as much as or even more so than the next guy, we have to be a little patient and let the code side fixes be taken care of, the data side fixes will come. Have faith in Bethesda! Carry on.
And if youre on pc you can use console commands to get through many quest bugs

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
And if youre on pc you can use console commands to get through many quest bugs
True story! I do love playing it on PC, it's just absolutely beautiful on my gaming system, but at the same time I love couch gaming (yes yes, I COULD do this with my PC, just easier to do with a console) hence why my 180+ hour character is on 360. That being said, Beth supports all systems, which is the good thing. People just need a little patience and this game will continue to amaze.

J747L

Finally, a good candidate for my game creation hobby since it seemed too late for me to jump in Oblivion. Also, Neverwinter Nights 2 was a disappointment back then that I gave up on it.

These generation of gamers are quite lucky with the wiki and tutorial videos. During my time using Blizzard and the Aurora toolset, we're all left to fend for ourselves.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts