Creating multiple charaters in skyrim until you get it right?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sirenssixx

I just wanted to ask this because I'd like to know if anyone else has had to do this. I'll be creating my 4th character within a 2 week period soon because i keep changing what i want in a character.
i started with my very 1st crappy character where i spent perks randomly, then it changed to a defense character using the bound sword and a shield while also trying to use conjuring spells, and then it was a summoner with heavy armor using the bound bow, and now ill be making a summoner using light armor. has anyone else had to try several times because i feel like Im wasting my time doing this over and over again, I've only gotten each to about level 20-25 before i decide i want to change them again.

J

Jeremius

me again, but I think maybe plan your character out first, find out what you want, and pick the perks you want to have for that character

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
me again, but I think maybe plan your character out first, find out what you want, and pick the perks you want to have for that character

he is right. Have a more concrete idea of what you want to play. Sounds like at least the Conjuration is consistant. When you switch you should think about why you got bored of that specific setup. Narrow down what your "perfect" character uses. Personally, I know it is bad, uses character from favorite other forms of media (books, movies, other games) or even basic RPG/ fantasy archetypes So i get a better feel and head start on what I want.

J

Jeremius

She is right. Have a more concrete idea of what you want to play. Sounds like at least the Conjuration is consistant. When you switch you should think about why you got bored of that specific setup. Narrow down what your "perfect" character uses. Personally, I know it is bad, uses character from favorite other forms of media (books, movies, other games) or even basic RPG/ fantasy archetypes So i get a better feel and head start on what I want.

I'm a guy, by the way. I really need to have a more masculine picture...

sirenssixx

lol

You both are right, I'm starting all over but this time I'm going to do some serious research on what i want first, it's a good thing i decided to try the forum out though all the replies are really helping a lot. if any of you could let me know what race is best for mage types like a summoner, i think it would be high elf but i know that the extra 50 in magicka doesn't really make that much difference since i can always just upgrade the magicka everytime i level up for awhile to make up the difference, the build i know i want is going to have light armor, using the bound bow, and summoning. this of course will only be my 1st character because i also want to try out an assassin type 1 aswell.

and also Jeremius, is that picture from the secret world game?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
lol
... if any of you could let me know what race is best for mage types like a summoner ...
Bretons I believe are a good one. They also are more durable due to their racial power. though I will say a wood elf technically fits Archery and light armor. Imperials and Dark Elves (I think Dark Elves could fit better) are decent jack-of-all-trades. It just depends on preference

sirenssixx

after like 10 min of looking i found this post on ign that has a build for a summoner that has me pretty excited so i thought id run it by the forum for any advice on it.

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

this is basiclly what they had on theirs except i didnt seem the need to have soul squeezer if im using the bound bow which i intend on doing, and they didnt have bulls eye which i think would be useful, as well as adding deft movement.

Conjurer's Armor - 125 Armor - Regen. Health 31%, Regen. Magicka 62%
Conjurer's Helmet - 58 Armor - Regen. Magicka 62%, Archery 40%
Conjurer's Bracers - 41 Armor - Light Armor 25, Archery 40%
Conjurer's Boots - 41 Armor - Resist Fire 37%, Resist Frost 37%
Conjurer's Necklace - Conjuration 25%, Resist Magic 20%
Conjurer's Ring - Conjuration 25%, Resist Magic 20%

and that is the gear they have listed for the character. obviously i know it should be unique to my taste but still i think its a solid build.

sirenssixx

Bretons I believe are a good one. They also are more durable due to their racial power. though I will say a wood elf technically fits Archery and light armor. Imperials and Dark Elves (I think Dark Elves could fit better) are decent jack-of-all-trades. It just depends on preference
I'm stuck between wood elves, high elves, and brenton, high elves because of the ability to restore magicka faster, brenton because of the resistance to magicka and wood elves because of being able to command animals once a day i didn't really see any qualities in dark elves that would be an asset to my particular ideal play style

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Good stuff sounds like you are getting on your way. Bretons have a higher boost to conjuration I believe, but don't forget though minor appearence does matter.

If you're going for a summoner, I highly recommend perking the destruction element that your Atronach will use. I had used atronachs in an early build, and got smashed, but on a future build i realized that the Atronach becomes stronger if you level the corresponding element. For example, my latest character is all flames perks in destruction, and my fire Atronach is suddenly a bad ass. Same with my flames-enchanted gear.

Niq

I think there is always still the temptation to create an Alt, as even when you have a great main character, there is still the opposite side of the game to explore, i.e if you are a warrior then you are missing out on mage play style, and if you are a mage you are missing out on assassin play style...

Thats why, i am for one am an altoholic.

SprSynJn

If you're going for a summoner, I highly recommend perking the destruction element that your Atronach will use. I had used atronachs in an early build, and got smashed, but on a future build i realized that the Atronach becomes stronger if you level the corresponding element. For example, my latest character is all flames perks in destruction, and my fire Atronach is suddenly a bad ass. Same with my flames-enchanted gear.

What if you are a Mage that uses all three elemental powers? I've found that destruction magic isn't cutting it for me anymore. By that I mean I am slaughtering any follower I have with me and getting myself killed once they go. I'm going to start investing into Conjuration and hoping my atronach doesn't die when hit with a spell. Would that work you think?

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I always fluff up in a game the first time I play it.

I've had 5 characters, but I deleted my first two because I did a horrible job with perks and quests.

I currently have a Level 22 Redguard Mage, a Level 13 Argonian Assassin, and am probably going to main my Level 8 High Elf Warrior.

Don't be discouraged; Keep making things until you find what you like. Immediately get involved in a major questline, something that really levels you up quickly and shows you what your character can do. I always join the companions immediately after making a new character, just cause it gets me to about level 10 pretty fast and has sweet armor and nice powers.

JoeReese

Interesting. I didn't realize it did that. All this time, I haven't bothered with those perks because I don't use much destruction magic, yet I have flame and/or shock enchanted weapons and use those atronachs. I am going to throw some perks at this.

Saozig

Hippy
My first character, I made a lot of mistakes with her. But I played that character up to level 52. I'm on my 6th character but I've always played my characters to a high level, most into the 60's.

I've learned to be conservative with perks and hold off using them until I know I really want to use specific ones. I've also learned there's are some skills I can actually do pretty well without getting perks, like lockpicking and sneaking. Especially if you add in enchantments. But it annoys me how some of the perk trees are designed, where you end up getting perks you don't want for the perks after them.

I've played an Imperial, 3 Bretons, a Wood Elf and now a Redguard. I'm very partial to Bretons (perhaps because I study Celtic languages, including Breton). They are good in the lower levels. My Imperials and Wood Elf died more frequently in the lower levels than any of my Bretons. But the Bretons are much better for defensive magic and non-combat magic than offensive magic. In fact, I had a lot difficulty getting my Breton to yield powerful destruction magic like my Imperial did. I'm not sure why. But on the flipside, they could cast great Alteration and Illusion spells. My Wood Elf kind of sucked at magic, which surprised me. She was great at light armor, archery and sneaking though.

My latest Redguard character seems much better for offensive magic and at level 14 she takes out creatures with a fire spell that my Bretons wouldn't been able to at that same level. Also, I swear when she casts a Conjure Familiar spell, the familiar is far more aggressive than the ones my Bretons would conjure. She's also taller and faster than my Bretons, which gives her an advantage with weapon combat. I noticed this right away escaping from Helgen, how she took down the Stormcloaks so much easier than my previous Breton characters. Also with my Bretons, I really noticed how heavy armor really slowed them down. My Redguard moves in heavy armor with much more ease, including sneaking in it better. I miss being a Breton, but my Redguard character has been able to let me play with a bit more aggressive style.

Doomy

My last 3 very different characters have all had conjuration. Whether it is for the very powerfull bow or sword very early on, or for the backup of atros, or simply for gathering souls, it is just too damned usefull not to have.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk 2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts