1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC Creating An Interesting RP

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Hale Loneshadow, Oct 28, 2017.

?

Which is your preferred setting?

1. Dragonlance

16.7%
  2. Warhammer Fantasy (pre-end times obviously)

33.3%
  3. Lord of the Rings

16.7%
  4. The Witcher

16.7%
  5. Elder Scrolls

66.7%
  6. Something I haven't mentioned

16.7%
  7. The world I've created

16.7%
  8. Shannara

16.7%
  9. Wheel of Time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hale Loneshadow

Hale Loneshadow Well-Known Member

Hello, any and all viewers. You wouldn't guess it by how long it's been, but I used to RP and visit on this site quite frequently, and with many of the seasoned vets on here, such as MabFaerie, Simus, FellowKnight, and many more. Anywho, I'm a very detailed writer, whose big on story, characterization, and general fluidity of the tales we may craft on here. Because, in the end, that's what we create - one very interesting roleplay. I have much experience in writing, tabletops like DnD and Pathfinder, and a general passion for both fantasy and history. But, newbies, please don't feel shy!

Down to it. I have a few different stories/campaigns that I've brainstormed, but here's the kicker - I'd prefer to do a non-ES based RP. Now, I'm not opposed to a Skyrim RP at all, but I deeply believe we can either tell a tale from a different realm of fantasy (The Witcher, Warhammer fantasy, LoTR, Dragonlance, and Wheel of Time are my top choices/ideas), or even merge Elder Scrolls with one of these. Don't worry, I have ideas coming out of my ass, so getting this off the ground will be of little issue. Looking for some adventurers, new and old, to share this with!

I know this is a lot of text, but it's necessary to get everything out there. Like I said, I'm a fan of detail! Looking for a bigger RP campaign with a few different sets of stories, so I'm going big and saying I'm looking for around 3-5 people to kick it off, and a max of 10-12 RP'ers overall!

*Special note to my old mates: Each and every one of you, even those I may have forgot, are welcome!

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #1 Hale Loneshadow, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. fellowknight

fellowknight Private Lil' Num-Nums

Good to see you again, mate! Thought you'd been lost to the wilds but I'm glad to see the rugged ranger return and I hope you've had an easy go of things since you've been gone! And what a coincidence, I'm brainstorming some ideas too! Though, I'd rather keep those to myself as they're loose enigmas at this point. I can't say my time has been terribly occupied, aside from community college, but i'm tangled in an RP or too myself, along with an offhand writing project.

The project has me writing at least once every other day, if not more often, and coupled with college and day-to-day goings-on, my schedule is relatively open. Shoot me back a reply or PM and we can hash out what you got on your plate, or if you have Discord, tell me your username and we can communicate much faster. Though I'm not sure how often I'll be available to actually take part in it, I'd still be delighted to lend a hand. Also to any fresh faces on the forums who happen to see this, as Hale said, there's no preference here, so feel free to step in anytime!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hale Loneshadow

Hale Loneshadow Well-Known Member

Sorry on the late reply! I've been busy as all get out with college and life as well, but this is definitely something I'd like to get off the ground. Given how the ol' schedule's picking up, it certainly wouldn't be anything I'd make people take part in super frequently, but frequently enough that it doesn't die out. Like maybe, at least once a week or so, more or less. Glad to see you're still up and about on here, old friend. Let's start hashing this out whenever!

• Like Like x 1