• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tusck

So the three main crafting skills are as follows:

Alchemy (stealth)
smithy (warrior)
enchantment (mage)

Each of the three "classes" have an advanced in one or the other, as mentioned above. Are you planning to take any of these? Also, will you choose to take the one that belongs to your class, or will you choose a different one?

Personally I will choose alchemy, I just cannot live without poisons.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
One of my character focuses only on all the crafting skills so all his gears would be fully maxed combined with poisonous weapons. Probably the most over-powered build you can go for in early levels haha

Tusck

It's Smithing, I just like smithy better lol.

@Hex, I might have to try that sometime. I read a really fun article over at Rock, Paper Shotgun about some stealth crafting in Skyrim. I guy took his crafter, stealthed into a cave, past the mobs, and used bandit crafting stations right in front of them. Sounds hilarious.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Mh, my assassin won’t use magic so enchanting is a no-go. Smithing seems pretty useless if it’s only good for making weapons of which you will find better versions among your enemies’ loot anyway. I guess that leaves me with alchemy. I don’t really like that either but I guess poisons could be useful in theory so alright, I’ll try it.

Travis

@Tusck Dragonbone weapons, do you have a link for that? That sounds sweet.

For me, I think alchemy. On of my favorite things in Oblivion was Alchemy. Call me crazy, but I really liked picking up all the plants, flowers, and fungi everywhere I went, and them making custom poisons to put on arrow tips and stuff. I just hope Skyrim has an option for continually using multiple poisons on multiple arrows, so you don't have to pause, and coat each one individually.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I hope for enchanting, the weapon won't use up its soul energy from swinging it multiple times for non-stacking enchantment effect. For example, in oblivion, your enchanted dagger could be overpowered as hell since the enchantment extra damage stacked like crazy. That's good. But if my sword has a silence effect, I don't want to waste the soul energy by swinging at the victim who has been silenced already.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts