PC Constant Freezing/CTDing With Patch 1.9

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
So... is anyone else having these sort of issues with the new patch? I noticed as soon as Steam downloaded it that stuff felt... off in the game.

Generally, within 5 minutes of playing (but generally within 2-3 minutes), the game freezes or anti-climatically CTDs for no obvious reason. I thought maybe it was a mod issue so I decided to just sit it out for a few days, and today I updated a bunch of mods and rearranged my load order a bit and so forth. Still having the same problem.

It seems like certain things also trigger the freezing. Six times now, meaning every time, I've attempted to fight the twin revered dragons in the Forgotten Vale, a freeze has occurred. Twice it was getting hit by a fireball, three times it was them first coming out of the ice, and the other time was hitting the ESC key.
General fighting also tends to cause a freeze or CTD, as does moving far enough that new objects are loaded.

I've never had such a persistent and irritating problem and I'm really out of ideas on what I'm supposed to do here. Any ideas?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts