Consoles - Patch 1.5.26 Water Bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sml-2727

So I do have the game freezeing up on me when I enter water and get ready to swim, all I need to do is delete the game cache? and DO NOT delete any game saves, if I so I would have to start all over again,right?

So I do have the game freezeing up on me when I enter water and get ready to swim, all I need to do is delete the game cache? and DO NOT delete any game saves, if I so I would have to start all over again,right?
Yeah delete the game data itself, not the save data. I think you also have to make sure to delete the game updates off your system. Then just re-install the game and play. But definitely keep the save data! :)

WARIO

For starters I'm playing a PS3 skyrim.
ok so I just killed the cat guy out of 3 people for the leader of the dark brotherhood the mission "With friends like these" so now I leave the house and I'm on my way but ONE problem as soon as my face hits the water where u can see underwater everything freezes and I can't do a thing.
I didn't think my data was large enough to effect the game its at 5200 Kb now -_-

ok I have found out its not the mission cuz I went around the water as long as my head didn't go far enough in it so I left without touching the water and I walked to the closes town and yet again I test it out and as soon as I went in to far it froze again.

I have read what you said and I'm going to try it now by deleting all history cach thing and reinstalling the game. hope it works

sml-2727

This game has way to many bugs, its cool and all but im done with it, there are plenty of other games out there.

NinjaPlatypus22

i've been having the same problem on ps3. Every time i go into water below the guy's neck it freezes and i have to restart the playstation. i know a lot of people are having the water bug issue and I don't know if its just mine, but with the new patch the gameplay is slow and choppy and the plants/weeds are floating. This may just be my game though because i have no luck with these patches. i remember there was a problem where using the wait button would completely freeze the game and that always happened to me.

Joe Mendo

I am also experiencing this issue. I cannot do certain things without going into water and it freezes EVERY time. Like 4 or 5 times now.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
Bethesda only seems to be addressing PS3 in their instructions. Do we have any confirmations of this happening on Xbox?
I have herd lots about this and have realy only herd about it affecting the ps3.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I've been playing on the 360 all weekend after downloading the update. So, aside from some loading freeze-ups, all is well.

Gimpman12

Not so good to hear that the water bug issue on the PS3 is gunna put a lot of peeps in a bad mood.
I have it as well after the latest patch so hopeing all goes well with the reinstall.

Gimpman12

Not so good to hear that the water bug issue on the PS3 is gunna put a lot of peeps in a bad mood.
I have it as well after the latest patch so hopeing all goes well with the reinstall.
Just completed Reinstall of Skyrim and saves and all is good :)

Ilya

Article Writer
Can someone help me download this patch bug thing? My game is freezing im water and a guy on another group told me to look here.

Yeah delete the game data itself, not the save data. I think you also have to make sure to delete the game updates off your system. Then just re-install the game and play. But definitely keep the save data! :)

Thanks but maybe the patch got pulled for the PS3? Mine never prompted for an update. I assumed it got pulled until it was fixed. I did see a cool kill shot cam I had never seen before but nothing else seemed different. I played the 10th, 11th and 12th of April and will play the 23rd through the 26th. I'll only post here again if I have an update or problems with it.

Great info for the future though, thanks!

Ilya

Article Writer
I got it now and it fixed the bug!!! :-D

leee242

Spent two hours rebooting, etc. and looking around the internet for a fix. Came to this forum and found the solution in 2 minutes.
Love this place & the people here.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts