Consoles - Patch 1.5.26 Water Bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Folks, let's try and talk about this on this thread. Put your experiences here and we can try and put any news about addressing the issue in this thread so when people search for it, it will all be in one place.

dablainester

Signed up to say I'm having the same problem on the PS3. I'm trying to do a Dark Brotherhood quest in Solitude and every time my head comes level with the water my game freezes. I've had to reset the system twice now... -.-

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Bethesda only seems to be addressing PS3 in their instructions. Do we have any confirmations of this happening on Xbox?

Peri

Ok i deleted the gamedata and reinstalled the game. The game where still freezing under water.
Then i deleted the gamedata and the update. Now it works after reinstalling it. :)

I'm not sure how long ago, couldn't of had been more than a week ago, I downloaded a patch that was 1,070 megabytes; today I downloaded another patch that was 108 megabytes. Anyone have any information on this...?

Annabellalot

Thank you Rayven for the link to Bethesda. I followed their advice and deleted ALL game data inc updates. Have reinstalled at version 2.04 and went for a swim no problem at all, ok it was a bit cold but what do you expect at Windhelm?

I didn't experience this last night in all my playing, but then again I don't think I went swimming. Tonight, I'm going to see if this happens to me, I bet it will. So thanks for linking to the fixes ahead of time :)

Friday is My Day!

I think the new underwater texture looks sweet! I haven't had the game freeze up on me yet, but I wasn't reallly underwater that long when I played.

I think the new underwater texture looks sweet! I haven't had the game freeze up on me yet, but I wasn't reallly underwater that long when I played.
I think it has only really been happening to us PS3 users haha :oops: My choice of platform seems poor in this situation, but I would just die without Infamous :D

The inFAMOUS franchise alone is worth getting a PS3 for.
Soooo agreed! It's probably one of my top 5 franchises! I will grin and bear the Skyrim glitches all for the sake of inFAMOUS!! :D Oh and then they threw in Uncharted and my brain exploded.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I haven't tried the Uncharted games yet. I've been meaning to, but having Gamefly wasn't really justified when I didn't play a whole lot of games all the time.

Honestly, most PS3 games look a bit better than 360 games (quite often with the shadows), and in my opinion, just about all of them are nearly glitch-free or have non-game-breaking glitches. Skyrim is glitchy, but not game breaking, but Sonic Generations had a whole craptone of problems on PS3. I couldn't play it in HD without some sort of extreme lag time between the controls and actual happenings on screen, and in SD it was still too bad to play very well. I don't know what the problem was with that game, but I haven't picked it up in a while simply because it was such a horrible excuse for a 20th anniversary game.

/ramble ramble

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts