• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CRisCO

The presence of mods and the proven talent of TES modding community time and time again makes the PC far superior in terms of replayability.

If your rig can handle it then the pc version is a no brainer simply because of Mods and you need not look any further for more reasons.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
CRisCO,
My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure the PC will look a tiny bit better, but judging by the small footprint of the game I don't think there will be much difference at all.

Well, not even tiny bit, but GIGANTUOUS bit better after high-res mods. You know, it's not even fair to compare them between each other when that pack is installed.

Ronnieb

Just built a new gaming PC, so its Steam all the way for me. I think I might take my tower out into my living room and play it on my big screen though =P

Ronnieb

CRisCO,
My thoughts exactly.

Well, not even tiny bit, but GIGANTUOUS bit better after high-res mods. You know, it's not even fair to compare them between each other when that pack is installed.

Yea, PC is gonna be the best by far. The hardware in consoles is pretty outdated by today's standards.

Flamingtaco

And you guys think I'm crazy for liking to play on my console ;)
Yeah but he's still playing the pc version.
The presence of mods and the proven talent of TES modding community time and time again makes the PC far superior in terms of replayability.

If your rig can handle it then the pc version is a no brainer simply because of Mods and you need not look any further for more reasons.
Its funny when people try to argue in favor of consoles over pc gaming and you can crush their every argument. Like when people say they prefer controllers and then you tell them that you can use xbox controllers on the pc.

Lagerale

I would be lost playing on the PS3 or XBox honestly. Sports games, I'm fine on console, a game like this? PC all the way. Bottom line isn't just graphics (which are obviously far and away better on the PC versions) but the game play. Two hands playing on two separate sources with the mouse and keyboard simply make for better game play for me. After using mouse and keyboard for RPG type games for so long I don't think I could go back to a control pad and be happy.

Oh, and to the guy that was messing with PC guys sitting at a desk on an uncomfortable chair, you haven't seen a REAL gamer PC set up I'm guessing. ;) After years and years playing games on a console from the couch I wouldn't settle my PC set up being anything but comfortable.

Flamingtaco

Oh, and to the guy that was messing with PC guys sitting at a desk on an uncomfortable chair, you haven't seen a REAL gamer PC set up I'm guessing. ;) After years and years playing games on a console from the couch I wouldn't settle my PC set up being anything but comfortable.
I know right! When my dad's office shut down and he started working from home he snagged some nice chairs. My buttocks are very grateful to him.

Travis

I would be lost playing on the PS3 or XBox honestly. Sports games, I'm fine on console, a game like this? PC all the way. Bottom line isn't just graphics (which are obviously far and away better on the PC versions) but the game play. Two hands playing on two separate sources with the mouse and keyboard simply make for better game play for me. After using mouse and keyboard for RPG type games for so long I don't think I could go back to a control pad and be happy.

Now that's something I can get on board with. I game on both PC and console, about half and half, but most of my friends who have PC set ups, seem to have very uncomfortable chairs. I guess they are just doing it wrong ;)

sbdb

s
What about for lazy gamers? Isn't it more comfortable playing on a 50 inch plasma in the recliner, than sitting at an awkward desk, in a cheap desk chair, getting carpel tunnel? (I'm just stirring the pot here trying to get discussion going. You make good points)

First of all, having a cheap chair is a choice, just like having a choice to buy a cheap recliner. And while a 50inch screen might be good for your desperate need to express masculinity, the fact remains that it's just a huge magnifying glass magnifying a limited a amount of pixels. And as for carpel tunnel; I work in the IT for over 24 years, even was a programmer for over 7 years and have touched my first computer game in the late seventies and never developed any carpel tunnel, it's all about having a good understanding of ergonomics.

And lastly; people like me who have a job, don't have the time (or even the urge) to wait until the whole family goes to bed, to do what's basically nothing but playing a silly computer game. On top of that, I rather prefer to spend a good amount of money on a decent PC that can do more than just running games (work related, video editing, 3D modeling/rendering, image editing, developing music, etc), than to spend money on a limited console AND a limited PC that both combined would cost more than my current machine which is more powerful.

Travis

First of all, having a cheap chair is a choice, just like having a choice to buy a cheap recliner. And while a 50inch screen might be good for your desperate need to express masculinity, the fact remains that it's just a huge magnifying glass magnifying a limited a amount of pixels. And as for carpel tunnel; I work in the IT for over 24 years, even was a programmer for over 7 years and have touched my first computer game in the late seventies and never developed any carpel tunnel, it's all about having a good understanding of ergonomics.

And lastly; people like me who have a job, don't have the time (or even the urge) to wait until the whole family goes to bed, to do what's basically nothing but playing a silly computer game. On top of that, I rather prefer to spend a good amount of money on a decent PC that can do more than just running games (work related, video editing, 3D modeling/rendering, image editing, developing music, etc), than to spend money on a limited console AND a limited PC that both combined would cost more than my current machine which is more powerful.
I think this a pretty good point, about choosing to put all your eggs in one basket, and have a PC that can do it all. But don't you need something to stream content like Netflix to your tv?

Flamingtaco

And lastly; people like me who have a job, don't have the time (or even the urge) to wait until the whole family goes to bed, to do what's basically nothing but playing a silly computer game. On top of that, I rather prefer to spend a good amount of money on a decent PC that can do more than just running games (work related, video editing, 3D modeling/rendering, image editing, developing music, etc), than to spend money on a limited console AND a limited PC that both combined would cost more than my current machine which is more powerful, not to mention that I actually make extra money online with my machine, while you're laying their in your flowered recliner with a six pack beside you.
I don't mean to be rude, but can I ask what you are doing on a forum specifically about a video game when you have that kind of opinion?

Okay, you prefer the PC version. Nobody needs to get hostile. We're all here because we're excited about the game and want to share that with other like-minded people.

Flamingtaco

Okay, you prefer the PC version. Nobody needs to get hostile. We're all here because we're excited about the game and want to share that with other like-minded people.
Well put. I personally prefer pc gaming but I'm not gonna get mad with somebody because they prefer xbox.

Personally I would go for the PC version but only because I have my computer in my room and the Xbox is in the sitting room, otherwise I think I would go for Xbox, Just the controller feels right. I grew up playing Halo on the original Xbox.

Flamingtaco

Personally I would go for the PC version but only because I have my computer in my room and the Xbox is in the sitting room, otherwise I think I would go for Xbox, Just the controller feels right. I grew up playing Halo on the original Xbox.
The controller for xbox 360 is pretty different though. but I know a lot of people like xbox controllers over mouse and keyboard. If you have a wired one, you can use it on the pc.

Vocc

Vocc
I think it all depends on the type of gamer you are; casual gamers can pick up a controller and play a couple of hours infront of the TV while (in my opinion) more hardcore gamers can turn on their computer and make full use of everything the game has to offer. I myself have an Xbox (my laptop just couldn't possibly support Skyrim) but if I had the choice - I'd be rolling with PC.

The controller for xbox 360 is pretty different though. but I know a lot of people like xbox controllers over mouse and keyboard. If you have a wired one, you can use it on the pc.
Ah well that's interesting, would there be a certain program I would need to make it compatible or would it just be automatic?

Jeruhmi

I would have to say Xbox. It's just funner IMO. Have parties, people can go on your profile and see your level and stuff, quite a bit more which PC doesn't necessarily have. Although PC is better for GFX.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts