OOC Conquer With Fire II

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Yea. Also, isn't your character part Imperial? Could add some shortness. But whatever, just trying to help.

Ill try to post my updated CC here or on my site in an hour or so.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Ah, got it. 7'0" at 266. It puts him Over the BMI limit considered overweight just a little, but not to much. But like my calc says, it doesn't take muscle into the count. Orien is a Thick bone, muscular small giant ( because giants are actually bigger I think). His father was rather Large for an Imperial, and big ran in his mothers family ( It's weird, but I always imagine Orien's mom being like 6'4")

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Giants are like 10' plus.

Talion is an all around large and muscular giant. Literally. I'll post my research here so y'all can see.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Naw! It's up and running. I messaged you!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Alright Orien, I'm doing some research for our Giants among men. (At least My giant, and your half giant :D)

I started to look into some body building information, and though I can't speak for your character, Talion is a larger man. Not quite Olympia Body Building, but more of a daily gym type of guy. Or at least what toting around a 90 - 120 lb. axe and other gear around would allow (also including the occasional Tauriel over his shoulder). Anyway, after doing some research, I found that BMI is more based on Body-Fat/Fat-Mass, rather than Body-Muscle/Muscle-Mass. Now because you can't actually calculate Muscle Mass Index, there is a way of conversion. So, based on this, and the fact that we aren't exactly body builders, I wanted to sort of combine the two.

Now, for a guy Talion's size, I wouldn't quite count him as a body builder with 0 fat and all muscle. However I'd say that he is slightly larger than the Mountain from GoT, who was played by multiple people. So I picked one, Conan Stevens (7'1" and 320+ lbs.). He is a body builder. Now, Bear is about 7'4", and with this new info on the man I based Talion on, he is about 315 lbs. That's slightly less muscular, but equally as large. This would set his BMI at around 28.6 compated to Sir Stevens' 31.1. Remember that Stevens' is a huge body builder. Here is a pic for reference:
    051611-ep05-gregor-beating-loras-1024.jpg

tumblr_mfvvd6Sivd1r0m1bmo1_500.jpg

Now, for the way that you described Orien, I would say that he would likely be compared to the actore that played Khal Drogo on GoT, Jason Momoa. He is 6'4" (Tall, perfect for Nord and Imperial Mix), and weighs 235 lbs. This is a 28.6 as well. Now, depending on the way you want him to look, you could do 1 of 2 things: Go with Height and Thinner but Strong muscle - 25.5 - 27.7. Or go with Slightly shorter with a beefier muscle - 28.8 - 30.1.

[My Input on your Character] I'd say with a Tall Imperial and a Nord mother around 6'4", I wouldn't push Orien past 6'8. That way it stays realistic with the Lore of Skyrim and all of that. My character never new his parents, but odds are height was probably as common, and he is Nord, and could possess a bit of Mer in there somewhere (Altmer probs), which justifies his height.

Jason Momoa Ref:
    Jason+Momoa+Workout+and+diet1.jpg

jason-momoa-lisa-bonet-shine-on-sierra-leone-09.jpg

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Just throwing my two cents in guys since I do alot of training related to keeping my BMI as low as possible to make weight divisions. Mine is somewhere between 16.5 and 18 at the moment and I weigh about 185lbs but I only use that as a very vague gauge on my fat levels. Like Specter said, BMI doesn't tell you how much muscle mass you have and its not a very good indication of how in shape you're in either. Remember, muscle is way heavier and denser than fat. Take Marek for example. He's 6'4" and 215lbs which gives him an extremely lean build not just because he has little fat, but the weight that would normally be fat is replaced by muscle to keep him the same size. His BMI would be very low, similar to mine in the 16 to 20 range but he is still extremely muscular. When steven lang played Colonel Quaritch in Avatar he weighed about 185 and had a very low BMI but was still able to bench something like 315 pounds! thats nearly double his own weight. I think of BMI as more of the difference between someone like Shwartzenegger (or however you spell that) and a highland games or strong man competition champion. Arnold has an extremely low BMI but nobody is gonna tell him he ain't still ripped. The highland games competitor has a very high BMI but is also very strong. You also gotta take body type in account. Most people who go for definition like Arnold are mesomorphs with low BMI's naturally and find it hard to put on fat, while a lot of the guys in the highland games would lean more towards being an endomorph which means that they put fat on easily but also have high amounts of muscle. It basically comes down to whether you want your character to have a six pack or a keg.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Lebron James is 6'8 and around 250 pounds, that's almost overweight according to bmi, yet his has roughly the same speed as an nfl running back. I would say that the best way to go about things is to create your character whatever size you wish, but also specify their body fat percentage.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Ok, based on your facts, and my own research, I have created a revised CC for Orien. It will also describe more in detail the recent events, and more info in the Bio that Doom wanted. I'll post it as soon as I get on my computer, and off my phone. He will be kind of like my build now, except bigger. I am 5'11", 225 pounds. Now according to a BMI, I should be pretty overweight. However I am not. I am very in shape. I play sports, and the training for that adds a bunch of muscle (Especially football). I also have high metabolism, meaning I can eat pretty much whatever I want, when I want (I still eat pretty healthy though). I also have strong, thick bones (That's what my doctor told me. I drink my milk :p). So based on me and how I am, I will create a new Design for Orien. He will still be anywhere from 6'6" to 6'8", but he will weigh more. He will have a Six pack for sure. He will also be very broad shouldered. I will also be adding a picture of what he looks like without his armor on.

Last edited:

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    I did a little more research. My BMI at 5'11" 225 lbs is 31.4. So, for him to be the same at 6'8", he needs to way 286 lbs (My goodness :p) (Holy Crap, I just realized I have the same BMI as Dwayne Johnson. He is 6'5" 265 lbs, making his BMI 31.4!!) Also, What are your opinions on spears? I have heard that Imperial Legionnaires used them, and I think that would be something cool for a character to have, due to it not being seen much. It would also give him an edge psychologically due to the fact that most people I assume don't know how to combat it. (If you into star wars at all, its psychological effect would be the same as that of a Double-bladed light saber, or a light whip. If you think the mace is cooler for my character, I will stick with that. But a Spear and shield combo kind of sounds interesting. Again, if it breaks to much from lore though, that is fine, just tell me. The new additions added on are a little darker, and shows the reality of war. I felt that was kind of necessary, especially when fighting someone like the Dominion. So without Further Adieu, I give you the Revised version of Legate Orien Terrik.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basic Information

Name:
    Orien Terrik

Alias:
    Legate, Champion, "the One Man Army" (<-- A nickname given to him by the Stormcloaks at the Second Battle of Fort Greymoor) (Maybe he will earn a few new ones in his time RPing here.)

Birth Date:
    24th of Mid Year, 4E 174

Birth Place: Imperial Legion Camp

Birth Sign: The Warrior

Origin/Race:
    Nord/Imperial

Class: Imperial Heavy Soldier/Officer

Laterality:
    Ambidextrous (Prefers his right hand though.)

Sexuality:
    Straight

Marital Status:
    Single

Alignment:
    The Empire

Afflictions: None that he knows of.

Height: 6'8"

Weight: 286 Lbs

Build: Extremely muscular. He is a warrior, born and bred into that life. His size comes from His mothers side of the Family, which were Nords. His body fat percentage is extremely low, due to his constant training. He has molded his body through hard training and combat to be the strongest it can be, allowing him to have some amazing strength, but more importantly, great endurance. He is very broad shouldered. (I figure he looks, body wise anyways, a lot like Dwayne Johnson does. Except probably a little bigger due to him being taller and weighing more.)

Hair Length: He keeps his hair cut pretty short. He tends to shave it for Ceremonial things. When in the field, he puts less importance on his hair and facial hair care, so it may grow a bit. However, he will not let it get to long.

Hair Color: Brown

Facial Hair: He has stubble, but he shaves when possible.

Eye Color: Golden (Kind of Green)

Skin Color: Very tan. A few shades lighter than the skin of a Red Guard.

Scars: One on the side of his cheek where a blade found a gap in his helmet, one from an arrow on his right Pectoral, where an arrow penetrated, although not to deeply due to his armor. He has a scar on his knee, where an arrow slightly penetrated his armor, however it entered cleanly, and bounced of the bone, leaving no permanent damage. He also has a few other random scars.

Face: A mix of Nordic and Imperial structure.

Unique Features: His Golden eyes, something highly unusual in all the races of Men. He was also unusually dark for a Nord, but this could be due to the fact that he was half Imperial as well. He has a burn mark on his left hand.

War Paint: None

Tattoos: None

skyrim___imperial_officer_wip_by_nyila-d4q2yxz.png

(Thanks to my Buddy for helping me design the pic. It even comes equipped with the scar on his face :D)

Religion: The Nine Divines. (While Talos worship is "Banned, he still practices it, although, in secret.)

Patron Deity: Talos, Stendarr

Hobbies: Likes to hunt, fish, and spend time with his soldiers, who he considers his brothers and sisters, no matter their race. He doesn't have very many friends outside of the Legion, if any at all. He is friends with the black smith of Solitude, Beirand, as well as Beirand's wife.

Family: Mother: Kirsta Terrik - Nord (Deceased), Father: Adrian Herecius Terrik- Imperial (Deceased), Uncle and Aunt: Lilleth and Skjorn Terrik - both Nord (Deceased at the time of the Civil War.), His brothers and sisters: His Fellow Legionnaires, no matter their race.

Personality: Orien is a staunch supporter of the Empire. He is a humble man, not bragging much at all about any of his accomplishments. He tends to be quiet, but if you get some drink in him, and he happens to be around his fellow legionnaires, he can become an interesting fellow for sure. He is a very caring person when it comes to anyone, except the Aldmeri Dominion, and to a lesser extent, the Stormcloaks.

Positive Traits: He is very caring, and tries his best to make sure the legionnaires under his command feel appreciated and wanted. He is very skilled in battle, having been practically raised in the legion. He is also a Tactical Genius when it comes to planning and executing battle maneuvers and assaults. He prefers to lead by example. He is rarely, if ever, seen leading his soldiers from anywhere but the front lines. He isn't racist at all, although, he tends to be on edge when around the species that are considered to be part of the Aldmeri Dominion (Unless they are Legionnaires). Also, many know of his Reputation as an excellent Commander. This has led him to become somewhat famous in Skyrim.

Negative Traits: His carrying for his soldiers can cause some issues. His biggest issue is his blood thirstiness when it comes to the Aldmeri Dominion. He has told General Tulias repeatedly that when the war with the Dominion starts up again, he wished to be on the front lines. He also is suspicious of any Thalmor Agent. He can't stand them, and will most of the time go out of his way to make life as miserable as he can for them without stepping out of line. This has caused a few issues before, but nothing to serious.

Dislikes:
    Liars, Racists, Thalmor, The Aldmeri Dominion, Ulfric Stormcloak, Un-honorable people.

Fears: He fears just about anything a normal Warrior or person would fear. Orien trick, however, is he has learned to harness his fear, and turn it into a weapon unto itself, keeping him on edge in battle.

Aspirations: He hopes to one day Marry, and have children. He also wants the Empire to be able to return to its former glory.

Quirks: He fletches his own arrows. He also doesn't polish his weapons and armor to give them a nice shine like most other Legionnaires do. He prefers the look of his armor to seem battle worn, as it could pose as a possible fear factor.

Philosophy: "Upon my honor I do swear undying loyalty to the Emperor... and unwavering obedience to the officers of his great Empire. May those above judge me, and those below take me, if I fail in my duty. I shall protect my Empire from any threat that presents itself, to my dying breath, if need be. Long live the Emperor! Long live the brave Legionnaires! Long live the Empire!"

Quote: "Does Ulfric not see what he is doing? He is playing right in to the hands of the Dominion, whether he realizes it or not. His rebellion is depleting the Legions supplies, and costing us men. Many legionnaires have left to join him. And still others have deserted this Civil War entirely. He is weakening us, while at the same time, providing the Aldmeri Dominion with time to rebuild their forces even more, and strategize about a new war. Now more than ever, the Empire needs to remain strong, and intact. Skyrim needs the Empire, and the Empire needs its Nord Legions. Does Ulfric not realize he stands no chance against the Dominion with out the support of the Empire? We wre barley able to hold them off the last time, and that was with the Nords! It won't be long before the Dominion come knocking on our door again, and thanks to Ulfric and his Rebellion, we may not be ready. There is a possibility of other threats. Some may be even worse than the Dominion. We need a strong, united force to face these enemies, and frankly, we just don't have it now.

Gear

Armor: Orien currently wears a heavily modified set of Imperial Champion Heavy Armor, which was the same design put up in a museum to honor his Father, for it had been granted after death to him by the Emperor himself. It is an Imperial Heroic Armor set, with the main color actually being Gold in color instead of the normal steel coloration. It has trims of Red in it as well. On top of the helmet was a crest, made of black Wolf fur, arranged onto a metal crest (Think of the Imperial Full Faced helmet variant, but in a gold Coloration). He has a small, blue cape on the back of his left shoulder with a black Imperial Dragon symbol on it. He uses a modified Imperial Heavy Shield due to his size. There in an increased amount of steel implemented in the design of the shield. The shield is black in color due to the wood used, with the steel coloration from where the steel plates are.

imperial-salute.jpg

(Orien's Armor)

126565.jpg

(Orien's Shield)

Weapons: Orien's main weapon is a flanged Ebony Mace. It has blades built around the head, like small swords, so that if the opponent was wearing light armor, or if he had beat the armor enough, the blades would sink into flesh, much like a sword. Its is increased in length due to him being larger than normal people.

Ebonymace.png

He also carries and Imperial Sword in a scabbard on his back (I hope you know what an Imperial sword looks like :p). While his shield is considered armor, he has been known to use it in combat as a weapon, bashing people around.

Misc: A small Nordic knife for hunting (Skinning animals and such), Imperial Bow and steel arrows occasionally (He prefers to be close up in battle though, he feels like it is more honorable).

History/Biography

Before Childhood (As told by Archivists.): Orien's parents were both Legionnaires, his Father a General, and leader of the Eighth Legion. His mother was a Legate in General Jonna's forces, and was considered to be her second in command. Kirsta and Adrian had met up while Kirsta was temporarily posted in the Imperial city for a time before she joined General Jonna. The two fell in love, and Adrian asked Kirsta to marry him. She accepted on the condition that Adrian add her last name to his, and he agreed. They got married, made love the night before Krista was scheduled to return to Skyrim. Kirsta left the next morning after, and hooked up with General Jonna and her forces. The following year, as Krista was pregnant with a child, the Imperial City was sacked. Word reached the camp Krista was currently at the the Eighth Legion had stayed behind to fight a rearguard for the remaining Legions to pull back from the city. Word had it they had all perished. Kirsta was struck with grief. Handing the child over to the care of her brother and his wife, Krista marched back with the rest of General Jonna's forces, to rally with the remaining Legions under the Emperors command. As the Legions moved to take back solitude, the Nord legions set up a perimeter around the city, so that no Elf could escape. As the Dominion forces tried to retreat, they ran smack dab into the shield wall where Krista was stationed. The Nords fought ferociously, but their numbers began to thin. Krista sent two messengers to ask for reinforcements to her position. As the messengers were off gathering the needed forces, the Nord numbers continued to thin as the bulk of the Dominion tried to escape the city to retreat. However, Krista and her remaining soldiers stood firm. Krista got struck with an arrow that found a chink in her armor on her sword arm, but she ignored the pain, and kept on fighting. Another arrow found a chink missing in her stomach, and sunk in. Krista fell to one knee, and three of the remaining soldiers began to move towards her, but she stood back up as a High Elf approached to strike her down, and rammed her blade into his face. She stood back up with two arrows in her, and kept fighting. As the reinforcements finally arrived, they saw 100 remaining legionnaires fighting for their lives, Krista in the lead. They ran to help, but arrived just late, as a final arrow found its marked, and pierced throw the neck armor of Krista. She swung her blade once more, taking one more Elf with her, before she fell to the ground, dead. Kirsta and her soldiers actions lead to the Dominion forces staying bottled up in the city, and being slaughtered. The White-Gold Concord got signed, and both Orien's father and mother were commemorated as Champions of the Empire. Orien would have a reputation to live up to. The Great war had ended, but a whole new set of troubles were just beginning.

Childhood: Orien was raised by his Aunt and Uncle in a small house in Solitude, part of the Haafingar hold. They owned a little shop to sell goods. Orien was fascinated with the city. He would always bother his Uncle with questions about the Legion, and the great war (His uncle fought in some of the first battles of the Great War, but his arm was blasted off by an unknown elven magic, and so he was honorably discharged, and sent home). For the most part, his uncle would be happy to answer. One day, when Orien asked about his parents, his uncle told him they had been soldiers, too, but had passed on to a different life during the Great War. Orien never really asked about his parents again after that. As he grew up in the city, he wasn't very social, and avoided most of the other children, but he got along well with the guards and soldiers there. He was unusually small for his age, and was sometimes picked on. His uncle gave him an Iron dagger at age 8 that he would practice with on the dummies his Uncle had made for him.

Teenager:
    As he reached his teenage years, he hit a sudden growth spurt, and sky rocketed up. He became huge, a tall, strong looking teenager. At the age of 15 he was already as tall as his uncle. AT age 16, he signed up for the Legion at Castle Dour, and was sent to Cyrodiil for training. He emerged as a member of the Fourth Legion, and was kept under close watch by General Tullius, for Tullius and Orien's father had served together, and Tullius knew who Orien was. Orien proved to excel in hand to hand combat, as well as one-hand weapons, along with a shield. Due to his continuing growth spurts, both height and muscle wise, his armor had to be constantly tailored for him. During this time, he also learned more about his parents, and decided he was proud to come from such good stock. He also visited the museum where his father and mother had dedicated sections too.

Adult:

As he reached the age of 22, Orien was a fine young Legionnaire. He had advanced to the rank of a Praefect. During his time spent in Cyrodiil, there was an issue with an organized bandit crime Syndicate. The Bandits, made up of Dominion races, and lead by an Altmer, where causing trouble that local forces weren't able to handle. The Legion was called in, and so began Orien first taste of true combat. The Organization of the Bandits seemed almost military like. The following years were spent eradicating these Bandits, and attempting to track down their leader, and main base of operations. Finally, after three years of searching, they finally found him. A full scale assault was mounted on the Fort that they were holed up in. The Tribune in charge of the force was struck with an arrow, and went down. Orien ran up to him, and checked for signs of life, but he found none. Instantly taking over command, he urged his remaining forces forward. He charged straight through the front gate, wielding a mace and his shield. He felt a slight pinch in his left shoulder. He looked down and saw an arrow in his shoulder. He broke the haft with his mace, and kept on pushing forward. He fought his way into the depths of the Fort, searching for the Altmer leader, his soldiers backing him up. Orien stumbled upon the Altmer in the Fort's battle room. As Imperial troops entered behind him, he waved them off, as the Altmer looked up at him. "Man has no place on this world." was all he said. The Altmer picked up a sword, and lunged with incredible spped at Orien. Orien moved as quick as he could, but the blade found a small mark as it slipped in between his helmet and his check, cutting it. As the Altmer pulled the sword up and away, Orien's helmet came off. Orien, who had been hunched over due to the fighting, and exhaustion, stood to his full height, towering over the small Altmer. There seemd to be a bit of shock at Orien's size, and in that hesitant moment, Orien lashed out with his shield, and caught the Altmer square in the face. The blow crack something in the elf's neck, but Orien wasn't done yet, as he followed the bash with a swing from his mace. The blow from the mace hit the Altmer, who wasn't wearing a helmet, in the side of his head. There was a cracking noise, and the mace blades dug into the skull. As Orien pulled the mace back, the Altmer fell to the floor in a heap, dead. Orien retrieved his helmet, and took the sword of the Fallen leader. The Legionnaires created a path as he walked out of the Fort. A cheer went up. Orien Reported back to Tullius, and presented the sword as a gift, and as proof, that the deed was done. Orien was then promoted to Tribune. Not long after the Bandits had been dealt with, word came that there was trouble brewing in Skyrim. Thats when the grave news came as well. Torygg had been killed by a Rebellious Jarl named Ulfric Stormcloak, and that he had started a rebellion against the Empire. The Fourth Legion was deployed to Skyrim, and Orien went with them, returning to the land where he was raised. Being Stationed in Solitude at first, he learned that his Aunt and Uncle had been taken killed Thalmor Justicars when Orien's Uncle wouldn't give in to interrogation on the matter of Talos Worship. This angered Orien greatly, but he knew he couldn't do anything about it for now. He concentrated his efforts on fighting the rebellion. He began to hate ulfric more and more as the war progressed. 'Did he not realize he was weakening the Empire? He was making the Legion waste resources and troops on his rebellion instead of the true enemy. How could he be that selfish. Skyrim needed the Empire to fight the Dominion.' He would think to himself constantly. Very Early in the Civil War, Orien became the Hero of Fort Newborne, were he fought back a Stormcloak assault almost single handed, portecting the Imperial Fort. Due to this, and the stunning brilliance of his plan and execution of the capturing of Fort Neugrad, as well as the release of Captured Legionnaires, Orien was transfered back to solitude, and promoted to Legate. Before heading back out to join the fight, the Emperor's cousin, Vittoria Vici, was stuck in a tower outside of Solitude. A Dragon was Attacking! The Guards poured out, trying to kill the beast, but to no avail. The Dragon landed, and Orien, not thinking, charged at it. It shouted fire at him, and he raised his shield. The heat from the fire heated up his handle grip for the shield, burning his hand (He would later implement leather on the grip). However, he continued forward slowly. The Dragon got distracted by a few guards, and Orien ran forward. The Monster of a man threw himself onto the Dragon, and grabbed onto a horn on its head with his burned hand, and started batting at its head with his mace, yelling. He must have done something right, because the Dragon went limp, and collapsed. He tugged on the mace, and pulled it out of the dragon's eye socket. 'I must have been swinging harder than I thought.' He thought to himself. Later that night, after getting his hand treated, he reported to General Tullius, who called him a Imbecile for just charging in like that. Orien slouched. "I saw people in need, so I just sort of felt compelled to help." He said with a sigh. Tullius chuckled, and said, "What you did was brave, even if it was foolish. There is someone here I want you to meet. He is here for his Cousin's wedding." Tullius finished. The Emperor walked forward. Orien was stunned. He bowed instantly is respect. Titus Mede II chuckled. "You have proven yourself to be a very capable Legionnaire, and Commander. You may not have known it, but when you killed the Dragon, you saved my Cousin. General Tullius has proposed something to me. You are to be named a Champion of the Fourth Legion, and to a lesser extent, the Empire. With this title, you shall receive new armor. I believe it is the same that was granted to your parents, although they never got the chance to wear it." The Emperor motioned to a chest inside a room to the right of the war table. "Your armor is in there, go try it on." He finished. Orien stood stunned for a second, but then complied. He shut the door, and after stripping out of his civilian clothes, donned the armor. It was golden colored, with red tinges here and there. A blue cloth was folded up on the bottom. He lifted it up out of the box, and it turned out it wasn't a cloth, but a small, blue cape. He attached the cape to his armor, and then opened the door, exiting. "How does the Armor fit?" Tullius asked?
    "Its a little tight." Orien replied in a joking manner. Tullius chuckled, and Titus Mede II just nodded his head. "Very well. I must be off. Congratulations, Champion." And just like that, the Emperor was gone. And so, Orien is now a Legate, ready to take the fight to the Stormcloaks, and the true enemy, the Aldmeri Dominion, when the time comes. His name has spread throughout Skyrim, and the other lands as the Imperial Champion.

Civil War:
    About a year after he was name the Champion, the Civil War was still raging. Orien had fought on many fronts against the Stormcloaks, and his Reputation had spread a little with them (However, its wasn't until the Second Battle of Whiterun that he earned a nickname from them). After the temporary cease-fire called by the Blades and the Dragonborn, and the Dragonborn having set off to fight Alduin, things seemed like they would calm down. However, a multi-strike assault on a few forts Surrounding Whiterun lead to a breaking of the cease-fire, and a lose of Imperial power in the Territory. The Stormcloaks then pushed to take Whiterun. What the didn't think about is the Garrison at Fort Greymoor, which had been put under Orien's temporary command to help rebuild the Fort due to an increased Stormcloak presence. The Stormcloaks began to assault Whiterun, having amassed what seemed like a huge army. Orien sat and watched stunned along with the rest of his Legionnaires as the great city was set under siege. The Stormcloaks eventually broke through the first gate, and poured up towards the city's entrance. Orien had to do something. That is when he remembered the recent supply train. Cutting the horses loose from their wagons, and supplementing them to the Horses already saddled at the Fort, Orien created what would be come to know as the Makeshift Calvary. He got as many Legionnaires as he could onto horses, and told them to follow him. BY this time, the main Stormcloak army had moved up to the area near the City gates. A small band of brave guards had set up a last line of defense, forming a shield wall, and holding them back as best as they could. Orien and his Calvary shot out of the front of Fort Greymoor. First things first, he take to take care of the Catapults. Orien rode in with his Legionnaires following him. He unhooked his mace from his Belt, ridding hard to the enemy. The Stormcloaks were caught completely off guard. The first man to be slain had his helmet off, and was relaxed. When he suddenly heard a thundering noise, he slowly got up, and turned to see what it was. The only thing he saw was a mace swinging right at his face. The impact bashed his face in, which he deserved for everything he had done in assisting the assault on Whiterun. The Calvary swooped in behind him, and they killed many Stormcloaks. Many more ran away frightened. Orien and his Legionnaires got off their horses, and picked up the torches that were used to set the projectiles on fire, and used them to set the Catapults on fire. Mounting up, they rode fast towards Whiterun. Meanwhile at the City's gates, the shield wall was starting to crumble. The Stormcloaks were pushing hard against it. The Captain in charge of the guard encouraged his men to keep holding out, but moral was starting to slip. At the back of the Stormcloak forces, which happened to be outside on the road from the plains distract, a slow rumbling was heard. They saw smoke rising from where their Catapults had been, and became curious as to what happened. Then the rumbling grew louder, and louder. Suddenly, about forty legionnaires on horse back came around the curve in the road, their horses galloping hard. The Stormcloaks panicked. A feeble shield wall was formed in the rear of the army, however, it couldn't stand up to the might of the horses, which smashed into the shield wall, trampling people underfoot. Orien swung his mace back and forth as hard as he could, hearing popping noises, as well as crunching, and men screaming. The Stormcloaks, hearing the commotion from behind, turned to face the new threat, however, the had forgotten about the battered shield wall of the guards. The gates to the city were thrown open, and a reinforcements for the guards joined the wall. The Stormcloaks were caught in between two different forces. Orien's makeshift Calvary pushed deeper into the thick mess of bodies. The horses began to slow down, but the psychological momentum carried by the Legionnaires entrance stayed firm. Stormcloaks began to break ranks, and try and flee around the sides of the Calvary, however not many succeeded. A few minutes later, it was all over. The Stormcloak force was in complete disarray. Those who had not been killed, were either running for their lives, or had been captured. The battle for Whiterun was over. Despite this victory in Whiterun, most other Imperials were not faring as well. Imperial power began to diminish, and it was only a matter of time before Whiterun was assaulted again.

The Second Great War (I guess this is what the new conflict with the Dominion is called.):

Imperial power had slowly been gaining a foothold in the Civil War. The Emperor, not wanting to risk loosing Skyrim, sent fresh Legions to help in the fight. Two of the three new legions had set up shop in Solitude. The third one was in Whiterun. Word had spread that the Rebels were going to try and attack Whiterun again. General Tullius and Legate Rikke both traveled to Whiterun, setting up a temporary Headquarters in Dragonsreach. A few days after Tullius and Rikke arrived, a scouting Patrol said they saw a force of Stormcloaks marching in the Direction of Whiterun. Tullius sent word to Solitude for the two remaining legions two come and join them in Whiterun. However, as the messenger arrived, all he found was the rubble of the once great city. Asking a man in rags walking away from the city what had happened, the man replied; "The Dragonborn lost his fight against Alduin. The Dragons came and ransacked Solitude, burning it to the ground. The world is coming to a end!". The messenger hurried back as quick as he could to Whiterun with the new, but when he arrived, he found it already under siege by the Stormcloaks. Not being able to do anything, he sat back, and waited for the fighting to end. Meanwhile at Fort Greymoor, where Orien was stationed, things weren't looking that good. The Stormcloaks had sent their main force to attack the Fort, while they kept the city at bay with Catapults. Orien stood directing the men, however, his Archers were running out of arrows. Soon, they were completely empty, and the Stormcloaks brought up a battering ram. Fearing for his fellow Legionnaires, Orien selected about ten legionnaires to form a shield wall behind the gate with him. They situated themselves into a Phalanx in the shape of an arrow, pointing at the front of the gate, with Orien at the front of the Formation. The Stormcloaks broke through the gate, and ran straight into the phalanx. The Gate made it so that only about eight to ten Stormcloaks could enter at a time. Orien and his soldiers stood firm as the enemy pounded on their shields. Stormcloak archers shot arrows in. The ones that missed the shield wall were picked up by Imperial archers, and fired back. One of the Legionnaires on Orien's left went down with an arrow to the throat, he had missed blocking it with his shield. Orien took a hard hit on his shield from two different Stormcloaks, that made him stagger backwards a bit. The Legionnaire on his right, a young female that was surprisingly good looking, dashed forward to guard her Legate until he recovered. She was able to kill two in what seemed like a blink of the eye. Orien recovered, and pushed back into his position. That is when the screams were heard in the back of the Stormcloak ranks. Suddenly, an elven arrow flew into the soldier that had filled in on his left. It struck him in the eye. The man fell over, dead almost instantly. The Stormcloaks, who had before been fighting, were now trying to scramble past his shield wall. That's when Orien saw them. That Gleaming, yellow and green armor. It was the Elves. The Dominion was attacking! In all of the chaos that had been going on, thoughts of the Dominion had turned to zero, as the Empire tried to desperately end the rebellion. However, with hearing the news of Solitude's demise, and the weakening of the Legion even more, the Dominion had decided to restart the war. Apparently, no one had seen their forces sneaking into the country. Orien, who, while fighting the Stormcloaks, still cared for his fellow Nords, opened up the shield wall, allowing the remaining Stormcloaks in. Side by side, Stormcloak and Legionnaire put aside their differences, as they fought for their lives against the Dominion force that had been sent to take Whiterun. The Sky began to darken as night was falling, clouds rolled in. The Dominion had wanted to capitalize on taking Fort Greymoor before attacking Whiterun.

Both Stormcloaks and Legionnaires began to lose hope as what seemed like the Superior Dominion force began to push through the shield wall. Some soldier began to abandon their post. However, in the thick of the Defense of the gate, was Orien. To his right, the Female who had helped him earlier was struck with a sword, and it decapitated her. The severed head rolled to a stop in front of Orien's feet, while the body fell backwards. Orien, furious, entered what seemed like a Blood lust, or a battle rage. He swung his mace back and forth, side to side, battering the Elves with his Shield. The fleeing soldiers turned to see a man in standing up to the Dominion, and beating them back. Holding his own. With a fresh resurgence, the combined Imperial and Stormcloak forces pushed forward with Orien, and drove the Dominion forces out of the courtyard, and out the gate. The Elves, surprised by the new ferocity, made note of who was leading and inspiring the enemy. The big brute in the Dark gold Imperial armor.
    this_hellish_battle_by_lordhayabusa357-d6nrp9n.png

The Dominion forces were forced into a full retreat. Some even dropped their weapons in the scramble. After the Dominion had retreated, Orien looked at the remaining Stormcloak rebels. "Enough blood has been spilt today. Go in peace." He said. The Stormcloaks nodded, and left, leaving the Area, and returning to Winterhold, to tell Jarl Ulfric of what had happened. Orien was commended by General Tullius on his actions during the battle. The Empire didn't realize how deep the Dominion had penetrated though. While the victory at Fort Greymoor would certainly make them rethink their strategy, it would not deter their ideas of Annihilating the race of Man.

Now:

Soon after what was being called the battle of Fort Greymoor, Orien was informed by a man named Oliver, the leader of the Sons of Swords, who resided at High Hrothgar, that the Dragons had forged an Alliance with the Forsworn. Orien knew they had lost the Reach to the Forsworn earlier, but he didn't realize the Dragons were leading them. Oliver proceeded to inform him that the Forsworn were moving an army to take Falkreath. He handed him a map, showing the paths that lead to the seven thousand stairs that lead to High Hrothgar. Then, the man Vanished. Orien informed General Tullius in Whiterun about the information he had received. While Tullius had thought the Forsworn could be a threat, he hadn't had time to mobilize forces to fight them, due to his war with the Dominion. However, they news that they were being led by Dragons, and that they were preparing to send an Army to take Falkreath proved to much to ignore. So Tullius sent Orien, and all the Legionnaires he could spare, which didn't amount to much, to help defend the City. Upon Orien's arrival, he had found that the Jarl had abandoned the city. So it began that Orien took complete command of the Hold, and the City, organizing the defenses, and recruiting a local Militia to bolster his forces.

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Perfect Orien. Your character's unique size sounds like a beastly warrior. Also, thanks for all the help.

Also, Arnold, when he was in competition and winning, had a BMI of around 31 or 32. So the fact that he dropped to around a 20 like Marek said, proves his point. It also truely depends on body type.

I not only base Talion on Conan Stevens, but myself. Conan is more mesomorph (high muscle def. low fat) and I guess that makes me an Endomorph.

When Hlif and I initially designed these characters, we wanted them to mimic ourselves. I'm 6'1 and around 260. I lift and stay in shape, and Have to eat healthy because I can put on weight. So Talion would be relatively the same, however, he would eat slightly less healthy. So, he has all that muscle, but he Would definitely have a little buffer of fat around his belly. :D

On my phone again, so grammar, :p and my CC is almost formatted for my site.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Making some slight gear changes to Talion's CC. I was inspired by a couple of Documentaries I was watching, as well as some extensive Forging research. His main weapon Ferbraun will be a large clay-more style sword, and his one handed long-sword will become a large war-axe that he will use in couple with his shield. You will get a better description when I post his CC.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Well the forums didn't send me any alerts for the IC thread past thursday, so I will be catching up on that today.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Whoa, I haven't been getting alerts on the OOC for a while, I thought everyone was just being all business and only using the IC
    But when I check this place out you have all been talking about hunkso_O and the ladies were drooling. I'm disappointed guys...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts