Spoiler Comprehensive list of Daedra Hearts

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
I couldn't seem to find all of this information in one place on the forum, and recently I've seen a few people asking for the locations. My hope is that this is a comprehensive list of known Daedra Heart locations. Deadra hearts are an essential and rare ingredent to smithing Daedric Armour.

Please accept my apologies if this full list has been posted before - I did a search and only came up with a handful of these. It is my intention to have the DIFINITIVE answer to all these elusive heart locations. I will continue to update this as and when I find more. Please feel free to let me know further locations by replying to the thread.

(Please note that this is a collaberation of many peoples work. I do not claim to have written this, only collected and structured it).

RESPAWNING HEARTS

Enthir, in the Hall of Attainment sells two at a time and will restock every two days. He must be approached first and then met in his room (2nd floor of the Attainment Hall, 1st room on the left). He will not sell anything once the College of Winterhold questline is completed if you never bartered with him prior. This issue will fix itself after you complete the Hard Answers quest. He will then be both a fence and a goods dealer.

Four can be acquired from Dremora Kynreeves at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, east of Morthal. The Dremorae respawn after seven days, establishing the Shrine as perhaps one of the most efficient location to gather Daedra Hearts. In order to find the key for the shrine, you must complete the "Mythic Dawn" quest in Dawnstar.

The following follow a rough 14 day respawn cycle:

One can be stolen at Hall of the Vigilant directly south of Dawnstar and near Red Road Pass.

One can be stolen at Jorrvaskr in the room next to Kodlak Whitemane's bedroom. It is between the desk and the adjacent end table, or on the plate on the table. Re-spawns occasionally. The heart can be taken without stealing it once you become the Harbinger (Complete The Companions' Quest Line). You can just walk in and take it.

Windhelm Barracks. One in a chest in the main room. (Does not work after the war when siding with the Imperials).

Babette in the Dark Brotherhood sometimes sells one. She can be found in your current, dark brotherhood sanctuary.

RANDOM DROPS / POSSIBLE (random chance) LOCATIONS

All alchemist vendors will have a chance to have up to two Daedra Hearts in stock as early as level four.

All apothecary satchels can drop one (random).

Enemy spell casters and Hagravens can drop one, but rarely.

One at Wolfskull Ruins, West of Solitude. You may need to be on the quest, The Man Who Cried Wolf for the heart to be acquired. A couple flights of stairs down you will come across an apprentice necromancer who may have a Daedra heart.

Anise's Cabin, in the cellar you will find Apothecary's Satchel, in that you may find a Daedra Heart.

Inside Driftshade Refuge. Inside an apothecary's satchel on a shelf.

One in the Frostmere Crypt. Close to the door leading down to the Frostmere Depths are two bandits, the caster may have a Daedra heart.

At Hag Rock Redoubt. The Forsworn Briarheart inside the Redoubt has a chance to carry a Daedra Heart.

One at Nchuand-Zel Quarters, in an apothecary's satchel. The satchel is located behind a gate in a small cabinet.

One located at Morvunskar. A Conjurer Adept outside may have a Daedra heart in his or her inventory.

One at Drelas' Cottage. Kill Drelas inside the house, and he has a chance to drop a Daedra Heart. There is also a chance to find one in one of his cabinets, chest, etc...

One can be found on a dead alchemist.

ONE TIME ONLY HEARTS

Malyn Varen summons three Dremora mages during the fight and each one has a heart that can be looted. This is part of the Azura's Star quest.

Kill Velehk Sain instead of taking his treasure map, in the midden dark underneath The College of Winterhold (get the key in the room with the gauntlet statue, go to The Arcanaeum, use the key on the investigators chest, loot the rings, go back to the midden dark, place the rings on the hand, and choose to fight Vehlek Sain). Or, if you release him, when you travel to retrieve his tresure, there will be one lying on the ground by the statue of Talos (The landmark to find the treasure).

One In Sinderion's Field Laboratory in Blackreach, below Alftand (main questline).

Two in the laboratory at Nightcaller Temple. Can only be found during, or after, the Waking Nightmare quest.

After completing Recipe For Disaster, a random traveler who wanders southeast of Whiterun will say he's gathering supplies in hopes to share a new recipe with the Gourmet. Still having the writ of passage, the Dragonborn can show it to him for a Dadera Heart.

Narfi will give two or three random ingredients as rewards after you give him Reyda's necklace in the quest Locate Reyda's remains. There is a random chance of obtaining a Daedra Heart from him.

UPDATE:

It is also possible to MAKE a Daedra Heart. First, you must have the following:

You need the SIGIL STONE, given to you by completing the Conjuration Ritual Spell.

You need access to the Atronarch Forge, located in THE MIDDEN (under the college of winterhold).

At the forge:

Add a human heart and a black soul gem, and use the sigil stone on the forge. You can then create a Deadra heart.

I hope you find this information useful. You know what to do if it did!

Kind Regards,

Lemnisc8

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
Can't believe no one thought of this before...rep added!

tragik

Premium Member
awesome! rep given as well.. thanks..

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Great, I really appreciate your researching first and filling a need noone else had thought to fill, I find thats the best way to make guides/tutorials and will always give rep for anyone who does the same.

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
Thanks. Rep give :)

Lemnisc8

Thank you all :)

I try to help where I see a need, even if it is just collecting a bunch of info from across the net and just putting it in one place all nicely formatted. I have little else do to while at "work", so if I can't be playing Skyrim, you can be sure i'm probably reading about it or doing stuff to help others...

Cheers

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
One question, at Anise's Cabin where is the cellar ? I've been there several times & haven't been able to find the cellar.

Fourshakes

I'd rather be working on my bowling average.
I'm a little late to this party, but I did want to add this:

Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but I completed the "Under new management" quest line and the alchemy vendor there initially sold 3 the first time, then I "waited" two days in game and has sold 2 ever since.

Is anyone else able to confirm this NPC as a suitable source? I'll check the name of the vendor when I get back home.

Edit/Update:
NPC's name is Herluin Lothaire in the north/northeast cubby next to the blacksmith in the Ragged Flagon.

IFour can be acquired from Dremora Kynreeves at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, east of Morthal. The Dremorae respawn after seven days, establishing the Shrine as perhaps one of the most efficient location to gather Daedra Hearts. In order to find the key for the shrine, you must complete the "Mythic Dawn" quest in Dawnstar.

I have been camping outside that door for a while and after 7 days of waiting, no dremorae. 7 more days, no dremorae, etc. Would there be any reason they won't respawn?

Lemnisc8

It seems to be a glitch that happens from time to time, however i'm unsure why, however the last time i farmed them, I knocked a Daedra off the cliff and down below. It's a possibility that they have to be killed in the immediate area, but I can't confirm if for sure.

This happened to me as well on a couple of my playthroughs, and I didn't find a way to get them back, so I had to use Enthir at the College of winterhold.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I have been able to purchase them from vendors and I'm still at level 1.

zParanoia

I have found one in Windhelm. Fast travel to Windhelm> Run left until you get to the marketplace> Look for the store called the "White Phial"> Talk to man> Buy Daedra Heart. *NOTE* One time only!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts