• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
This power granted by the first black book you read, allow you to use your destruction magic and shouts without affecting your followers on people on your side right ? Well, I don’t know if some of you had this problem before but I was using my fireball against some freaking and disgusting vamps in Riverwood and after I kill them all, everybody started to attack me, even Serana .... freaking Serana .. If I could just kill you I will for going against your master ( lol ) ... all the guards became my enemies.
I did fast travel to Whiterun and as soon as I show up, all the guards and people started to attack me like if I was Alduin, Miraak or the freaking blood sucker Harkon or whatever name he has ...
Did something like that happen to you ? :sadface:

Adam Warlock

Companion`s Insight prevents you from accidentally harming/killing your follower while in combat.
Likely was created to address the common complaint , "Lydia(or X) suddenly stepped in front of me and took a fatal blow from my Daedric Greatsword " etc.
Followers may still shout warnings if you hit them and may become hostile if such is repeated i.e. the attacks are registered somehow even though no damage is occurring.
It doesn`t allow you a free pass to continuously hit your companion with weapons or spells.
NPC who are not following you(guards, citizens, etc) are not protected as far as I can see , and can be damaged or killed even if they happen to be fighting on your side at the time.

If you are a Fire Mage , it`s better to use Flames , Firebolt , Incinerate , or Ignite in crowded situations since those spells don`t involve Area-of-Effect explosions.

The attack on you in Whiterun was likely because you had incurred bounty in the Hold during the Riverwood fight. (roasted a chicken? lol)

As it is , Serana is essential throughout the game so Companion`s Insight means little as far as she is concerned(also Derkeethus and Mjoll)

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Companion`s Insight prevents you from accidentally harming/killing your follower while in combat.
Likely was created to address the common complaint , "Lydia(or X) suddenly stepped in front of me and took a fatal blow from my Daedric Greatsword " etc.
Followers may still shout warnings if you hit them and may become hostile if such is repeated i.e. the attacks are registered somehow even though no damage is occurring.
It doesn`t allow you a free pass to continuously hit your companion with weapons or spells.
NPC who are not following you(guards, citizens, etc) are not protected as far as I can see , and can be damaged or killed even if they happen to be fighting on your side at the time.

If you are a Fire Mage , it`s better to use Flames , Firebolt , Incinerate , or Ignite in crowded situations since those spells don`t involve Area-of-Effect explosions.

The attack on you in Whiterun was likely because you had incurred bounty in the Hold during the Riverwood fight. (roasted a chicken? lol)

As it is , Serana is essential throughout the game so Companion`s Insight means little as far as she is concerned(also Derkeethus and Mjoll)
>> You are right ! I did realize that the hard way ! I burnt one of the guards while trying to use my fireball on the master vamp. Regarding Serana turning againts me, that had happened to me several times.
It does look like your follower, regarding who he or she is, are very sensitive and they can turn against you for nothing. Long ago I was inside the Aftal and Serana was me; there is a trap that when you hit it, a lot of rocks falls on you; well, they did not fall on me but Serana and she became hostile. My first reaction was like “what the hell are you doing b...” I am on your side, am I not ? but she continued so I decided to give her a lesson and started to fight her as hard as I could with everything I got, I mean, you name it : unrelenting force, sword, fire, etc and I made her put the knee on the floor several times but she is abel to be killed ... so I reloaded my game and everything between us was dinky-tonky .... lol ...

JClarke1953

Friendly fire is really sticky for me on my XBox. If I know there are citizen's or guard's in the fight, I send out an Atronach to prevent a bounty. Why an Atronach? If they accidentally hit a friendly, I can re-cast them, and the friendly ceases retaliating. Even a knife or sword fight in a crowd can cause a friendly to retaliate, or get a bounty set on you.

Frea came with Serana and me into Mirraks Temple, and I was forever having to get those two apart! I'd have to run ahead so they would quit. And even so, they would circle each other around me, eye's burning, glaring. Reminded me of when I had Lydia with Serana and me.

JClarke1953

When she does, I generally wait until the fighting is over, the end them for what they have on them.

I've gotten so I "house-keep" in some places. Getting everything, and it mean everything from food to basket's to kettles.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts