• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PunWisp

War Mage
I think it would be a nice idea, could make sense, in co op you wouldn't be allowed to have followers, since that what the other players for. They would just need to up the difficulty.

Noobking

If co-op was made it would be one person as a companion playing in the other persons world. since they cant die like other companions they need the kneeling wait thing to happen. but would be cool to do some of this with a friend tho.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I get nerdgasms thinking about the possibilities of traveling across Tamriel with a friend! Unfortunately the game is nowhere near streamlined enough to realistically pull it off right now. The way that most play this game is slow with pauses riddling the fast paced action with little gaps of [Potion of Healing] tranquility. Hell some mages will tell you it's almost like a turn based game. Unless they can find a way to eliminate the "need" to jump to the menu all the time it's probably not going to work. Even less likely on consoles.

Umbranar

Its pretty easy i think, disable the ability to get followers unless quest related. Disable pausing in menu andf so force people to have all the stuff they need in the favorites bar (which will not pause the game, imagine you digging around in your backpack for a potion while a dragon comes to eat you). Havign a option at the start of the game to make it co-op and lock the characters for that purpose only (so you can not go on alone unless that friend joined the game). Dont think it would be really hard to do.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I so wish for co-op I am a member of Geezergamers.com a 30+ cross platform gaming clan the subgroup called Clan Enigma: dedicated to promoting co-op game play across the whole gaming industry. Guys listen and tell your friends ask developers for co-op and they will make it

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
co op would be cool til you kill the bandit leader wearing better armor and wielding a better weapon than yours and the other guy, who's not helping cause he's too busy looting all the chests, comes back just in time to take them.
Also, in a game like this, I prefer to take my time and explore any which way I feel like. Sometimes I'll be running to the quest objective and get side tracked and explore somewhere else first, I don't want to feel like I have to go to the quest objective just cause the other guy is going there too.

Basically, what makes a game like this so good, and all of the TES games for that matter, is the escapism. You can absolutely get immersed into the game world and I think having co op would break that immersion.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I get that I am just saying for those of us with the good trusted sharing friends would love to put the game on its hardest and party up

Brad

Co-op would ABSOLUTELY be a positive. If you like the escapism and don't want a friend, simply don't utilize the co-op option. Having an option by no means forces you into changing YOUR game. In regards to the pausing for pack digging and such, I don't think that it would be so bad, almost super realistic to make it all no-pausing. Your buddy comes in to distract the dragon/giant/whatever while you dig for your soul-trapping axe and then jump back in. Then, while you take the creatures focus, your friend can switch to his lightening bolt of fire rune. The worst it would do is keep us on our toes. =) And of course people would fight over loot, so either they would need to work it out in the real world how they will divide it, or once again, they simply play alone!

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Co-op would ABSOLUTELY be a positive. If you like the escapism and don't want a friend, simply don't utilize the co-op option....
It wouldn't work like that. The world is simply too huge, the game wouldn't be able to keep up with potentially one player wreaking havoc in one area and the other playing fighting his own battles all the way across the map.
Realistically, it could only be managed in a Borderlands type of style where the game world is broken up in different areas that are loaded separately and force the players to stay in the one part of the world that is loaded at a time.

Having the world map separated into pieces is too big of a penalty to force upon everyone and isn't what makes the elder scrolls games so good. No co op, no mmo, no pvp, nothing online - please. Just 100% total focus to a great single player game.

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
Well, when using split-screen it basically renders the game twice, Skyrim with split-screen would probably be to much for the Xbox or Ps3. Even though that would be the most ultimate add on to The Elder Scrolls. :p I like all of your ideas as well. :)

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Dude... Morguen... You're raining on my parade =( ...and blowing up all the floats. lol
lol, I don't mean anything by it, I swear! It's just the elder scrolls series is one of my favorite series of games and I like that they spend 100% of their resources towards making a great single player experience. You know the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?" that's basically how I feel towards the series.

I love co-op. I grew up playing Quake2 co-op on my family's pc while I was in elementary school and that's what really got me hooked into gaming, so there will be always be a soft spot there. I also love Borderlands, it's one of my favorite games on the 360 and the co-op is a blast, 10x more fun than singleplayer.

It's just that I feel that the elder scrolls games are designed with bringing an immersive single player world that the player can help shape in mind. I can't help but shake the feeling that by trying to cater to a wider audience or by spending time working on online features, resources that would otherwise go to improving the single player would be spent on other things. Im glad Skyrim is a strictly single player game, when I want to play a new co op game, I'll buy Borderlands 2 when it comes out. I just feel adding online features to an elder scrolls game would bend it towards something it's not.

KaizoMK

I know it isn't the same game, but if you play Dragon Age, gameplay basically consists of pausing the game *a lot* to reposition your characters.

Now consider Skyrim. Personally I started playing on Master and can't go back. I'm constantly switching equipment, spells, powers, etc, AS A WARRIOR. Skyrim isn't actually built for co-op at all. You'd have to be able to hotkey equipment in realtime.

EDIT: Or set co-op to normal mode or something. But still.

LordTalos

I like playing alone... Real people interrupt my entertainment/success/happiness.
This game is relaxing, that's why freelance & choices at your own rate is the best

Brad

I definitely agree with the success of it being a single player game. And don't feel that it needs any fixing, (with a couple possible exceptions).

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
i see both sides of the isles, and i like both sides and agree. co-op would be super uber, but again, this game is meant to be a single player not a co-op. Bethesda is a massive company, if the players wanted a co-op option bethesda would ocnsider it and even possibly release a beta for the skyrimites to test and rate. i personally think it would be freaking awesome if a tank could blast/hack his way into the middle of a fight and an assassin pick people off of the sides. or distract while the other recoupes and rejoins and vice-versa.
Instead of split screen how about 2-different consoles just hooked up, i forget what thats called, but i think it would be awesome. i think the online idea would be a bust, cuz of the same reason of M.A.G. just to many people on a server, one with a bad connection could ruin it for the rest; also just to much data on a server, kinda like the WoW server style, it owuld have to be broken up so many times and a cap of people per server and individual "load" areas or just a distance cap (like in runescape, once you reach a certain distance the world has to refresh, reloading your map around you, "forgetting" a part of the map that no longer affects you, but is still active, just not on your computer.) but this would ruin the beauty of SKyrim, standing in the marshes and looking across the marsh on a clear day to see a dragon scouring a mountain top across the map.
one possible idea would be dungeons or quests that could be available in a que that characters of any type could gather to attempt, of course it would adjusted by the lvl's and size of the party, and some set dungeons/quests for standard difficulty. And even customizable dungeons (not sure about quests though, but im sure it workable) with a list of things to change and like daggerfell(or was it arena) the dungeon charcteristics itself is random, just not the content.
This is an idea from Oblivion, There could be an area; pvp or co-op(fighting along-side a player against incredibly difficult monsters with limited gear, the more limited the gear, the higher the reward, be it rank and/or gold. Another setting in the Arena would be PvP + monsters, so that each player has to decide which is the harder foe (ie, if the monster is harder than the person, then they would attack the monster then as soon as the monster is slain make a turn on the player, and vice-versa).Survival mode(non-stop waves).
There could also be other online activities as well as fighting, one would be horse racing, with bets of in-game gold. Even though this is contradictory of dragon lore, there could be dragon-riding battles, both where the dragon controls itself and the player arches/mages(melee would be impossible untill they crash land(which could launch you and even kill you)) or for more advance controls, te player controls the dragon and attacks the other player.
Another idea would be deer/elk hunts, (I don't think this would be very exciting for all, but and option all together) with each deer/elk having a different body mass/rack size and shape. And you have to track it and hunt it, all the dangers included, sabers, wolves, maybe a draogn, depending on the players chosen diffculty. The group would be on the same map, same server, hunting the same animal. the best part would be that all the dangerous animals could kill your target before you.
Ha, this got me excited, hahahhahaha

Umbranar

lol, I don't mean anything by it, I swear! It's just the elder scrolls series is one of my favorite series of games and I like that they spend 100% of their resources towards making a great single player experience. You know the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?" that's basically how I feel towards the series.

I love co-op. I grew up playing Quake2 co-op on my family's pc while I was in elementary school and that's what really got me hooked into gaming, so there will be always be a soft spot there. I also love Borderlands, it's one of my favorite games on the 360 and the co-op is a blast, 10x more fun than singleplayer.

It's just that I feel that the elder scrolls games are designed with bringing an immersive single player world that the player can help shape in mind. I can't help but shake the feeling that by trying to cater to a wider audience or by spending time working on online features, resources that would otherwise go to improving the single player would be spent on other things. Im glad Skyrim is a strictly single player game, when I want to play a new co op game, I'll buy Borderlands 2 when it comes out. I just feel adding online features to an elder scrolls game would bend it towards something it's not.

Fable style co-op to have one dominant player who triggers loading screens etc and limit the distance between players to a certain distance in the open area`s and to the same room within closed area`s like dungeons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts