• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XJaeX

Ghost
Post your class builds.

Many people do different things to enjoy their Skyrim experience, some build classes out of races, others will build classes that match their playstyle, some even build classes that certain races are not meant to be.

Feel free to post your classes below, why you picked your race, why you picked your build, anything you would like to add to paint a picture. You do not have to post anything, you can post feed back, ask for help, or even offer help. You also do not need to post if you do not want to.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Bahaha... Okay, I'll reiterate my alchemist.
Breton female
Skill set: Archery, Alchemy, Speechcraft
Aspirations: Potions, poisons, and making coin.
Morality: Absolutely no stealing; Bounty hunter, but will defend herself.
Personality: A bit naive, and can be persuaded to help a citizen who doesn't really need the help.

Why a Breton? Simply my favorite next to the Dark Elves. I've overplayed the elves a bit, so I decided something different.The power of absorbing some magic damage does help as well when fighting dragon (as my attacks are ranged, I whirlsprint away if the dragon is too close) mixed with the potions to resist frost/fire, and top that off with a not-so-potent resist magic, and I will be fine getting blasted by magic for the next minute.
My arrows can also stagger the beast so it'll stop shouting at my dog, which I think is a bonus.

moley25

slayin and searchin!!!!!!!
I have an argonian,short hair big bloke.

he helps anyone out that needs it within reason.

doesnt steal,or harm innocent people.

more of a sword slinger than magic user but i do use the relenting force spell just because its funny to watch the enemy come up to you then get blown away.

also is a trader,(like going on his own missions to get wares and sells them)

likes a good fight too.

XJaeX

Ghost
I have made alot of different builds, from warriors with sword and shield, warriors with 2 handed, to spell swords. I have also made thieves, assassins, and nightblades. I've made mages, templars, necromages, and healers. My favorite thing to do, is make a build that would be difficult to accomplish, for example, my healer, beat the game without damaging anyone, it was very satisfying, or even my assassin who never got detected the entire game, other than by non hostile npcs you need to talk to, most never saw me anyways.
My all time favorite build is my Highelf warrior, at the beggining, he was very weak. First, I travelled to halted stream camp to collect transmute, then i bought iron ore, used transmute to make silver, then gold, i made rings, 2 at a time, enchanted them, then finally sold them. During that process, i enlisted with the companions, where i began training my heavy armor, 2 handed weapons, and blocking. I am not a pure warrior, i do still use my natural born talents, for example, my restoration upgrade allows me to regenerate health and stamina with healing spells. A good fireball tends to clear out a room rather quickly, plus magicka improves enchantment duration, also, i use fire, so i upgraded damage, my fire enchanted weapons now also do extra damage, helping me as a warrior. I did not use any of the first 3 guardian stones, i instead used the lover stone, for the extra xp, added in with the lover's comfort bonus, i now gain 30 % xp bonus to all skills, which can be very helpful, i am married to mjoll, because she is invincible.
Like i said, at the beginning i was very weak, but now, a much higher level, i tower over everyone due to the high elfs height, and i am wearing full daedric armor, using a 2 handed daedric greatsword. Me and Mjoll both in daedric armor, using daedric greatswords, plus my 2 flame atronachs ( permanent) make for a menacing sight, if the enemies could flee at our sight, i bet they would. ( i am not sure if my fire damage increase helps the atronachs, but the 50 % damage increase they get anyway helps them regardless)
I know it was alot to read, if you did read it, but it goes to show that you can make any race into any class. I have also made, an orc assassin, super OP, sneak upgrade reduces armor noise, heavy armor upgrade reduces armor weight, and with muffle heavy armor is not a factor. He uses 2 daedric daggers, full daedric armor, his follower is cicero, in full daedric armor, muffle is needed.
I have alot of builds, and i can help whenever i can. ENJOY

race: bosmer - because bosmer are best archers in all tamriel, they are also the least threatening looking thing in all of tamriel.

Build: sneak archer with sheild/boundbow equips, light armour - it's a pretty fun build, the bound bow isn't as OP as the straight up daedric bow and never runs out of arrows, and having a sheild out all the time makes for a reliable knock-down when you need to conjure up a bow.

concept: unassuming assassin - he is short and wearing light armour, carries no physical weapon (bar a knife for skinning) and holds out nothing but his sheild, and being a Bosmer he is physically slight and because of all this he is never seen as a threat by anybody until it's too late, this makes him the perfect assassin, and being from a bosmer upbringing he is also a VERY skilled hunter. (someone pointed out that clothes would be even more weak looking, but if a man walks up to you in cloth you may be inclined to think they are a mage, but a slight man with no weapon walkls up to you in light armour and a sheild you can see that he wants to protect himself, yet may not be strong enough to wear a heavy set of plate, all in all it is a better way to fight most foe, as a dumb enemy will see you as weak, and a smart one will see you as a small treat).

XJaeX

Ghost

XJaeX

Ghost

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
http://skyrimcalculator.com/#89119

This is my Breton Mage....I really like this character a lot! I put perks in heavy armor and 1H when I was at a low level and not a very effective mage. I'd like to get more into archery b/c I like 2x damage from shot while sneaking and with alchemy I can use poison, and the extra damage with the nightengale bow is cool too!

XJaeX

Ghost
I like your class builds so far, i really like how you guys gave your character a personality, its trully the best way to enjoy the game, its no big deal for those who didn't, but it does add quite a bit to your game. When you do something in the game, ask yourself why, i just killed this guy, why? because someone asked me to, if that is enough for you , great, if not, figure out why. I will give an example, say you choose the imperials, you kill ulfric at the end, why? because its apart of the quest, or because he opposes the laws of your empire. Vise versa, you joined the stormcloaks to free skyrim, you kill tullius, why? because it was a part of the quest, or because he is oppressing your beliefs. its really up to you.

tvJefe

See links in my sig for builds.

Brynhildr is a sword & board melee beast
Ja'Guar is primarily a sneak archer

Epsilon

Shaun
I just restarted since my first mage character was a experimental character to learn the ropes. But now im playing with a Breton far all the magic defense they come with and making a pally build. He is 1h weapon with shield and heavy armor, but ill swap out the shield for helaing which brings me to my abilities. He is only level ten but i planned out my character from the beginning.

These will be my main abilities
Heavy Armour - Im going to be up-close and personal.
Block - A strong shield arm to one stun enemies to give me a good opening to get a good swing in and to avoid being overwhelmed
One-Handed - Obvious
Smithing/Enchanting - So i can make my own personal armor and also sell armor i make for good prices

Minor abilities

Alteration - Using this for buffs to add even more to my defense
Conjuration - I plan on going a little into conjuration just for a few summon abilities
Speech - Not a must but can be useful in some situations, im not gonna put any perks in this tree though
Restoration - Healing during combat will make your near-invincible, although with a good blocking routine it isn't needed often. Turn undead fits with the theme.

This is my plan, if anyone has advice on this plan let me know, i dont mind constructive criticism lol

XJaeX

Ghost
If you guys want to have a great time, make this character.
High elf, male, max weight. Use heavy armor, two handed weapons. You literally tower over enemies.
See my post about my high elf warrior if you want a better idea of the class.
There are two posts, one is the perks at level 81, the other is how i built him, how i play with him.
He is a very menacing warrior, he is a giant compared to warriors. Find yourself a wood elf for extra laughs

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I'm now on my fourth character, if you follow my posts you know that I'm not a fan of a "do-it-all" type of build. I prefer the stricter, more disciplined approach to character building. Hitting the level cap of 81 is not at all appealing to me. I can't stay on one character long enough to accomplish that.

As I was starting out the game and wanted to get a feel for combat and magic use, I created a female Dunmer, that against my own philosophies, dabbled in a bit of all three combat styles: melee, archery, and magic. Without a set focus, I grew tired of her quickly and shelved her after about 40 levels. I mostly used her to figure out what I enjoyed doing most in the game.

My second character was a female Khajiit with a Stealth/Assassin-type build. By the time I retired her at 62, she had completed the Main Quest, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold, Bard College, and Empire Civil War questlines. She collected about half of the Daedric Artifacts and half of the Dragon Priest masks. She reached the 100 mark in Archery, One-Handed, Sneak, Pickpocket, Lockpicking, and Smithing. She had between 70-90 skill in Enchantment and Illusion. I found the gameplay a bit too easy with so much focus on Stealth. Despite 100 Smithing and 90 Enchantment, I never used anything better than an enhanced Nightengale set. I did, however, craft enhanced Daedric armors for my followers.

My third character was a female Altmer with a Pure Mage build. I played with a 0 armor rating throughout, with the exception of a short time with the Morokei mask not realizing that it counted as light armor. I replaced it as soon as I could. I recently took a break from her. Being a Pure Mage, she had no other combat skills other than Magic. In order of "capping", she hit 100 on Conjuration, Destruction, and Illusion. She also has 9x skill in Alteration and 6x skill in Restoration. I did not involve her at all in the Main Questline as the thought of an Altmer Dovahkiin seemed ludicrous, or at the very least extremely ironic, in the Skyrim canon. She did finish the College of Winterhold questline, Companions, and started the Civil War questline on the Stormcloak side before running into the roadblock that is the Main Quest. I also adopted the policy that I couldn't re-use any followers that I had previously used, aside from those followers that were quest-related.

My current character is another female, but this time I made a Bosmer Archer. I'm doing more of a role-play with this character and enjoying it. I restricted her to ONLY the use of bows unless a quest forces me to use something else. Same goes for magic, she will not use magic. I forsee some problems with cutting down webbing, not sure if I can punch through it or not. After literally punching her way out of Helgen, she immediately took off for Markarth, stopping at Falkreath along the way. I am restricting her to ONLY Leather/Hide type armor pieces as I have a Forsworn story that I'm working on with her that I hope to be posting later. Her first significant questlines were The Forsworn Conspiracy/Cidhna Mine, and The Taste of Death (playing up the Bosmeri cannibalism angle). I've also restricted her to perks in only three trees: Archery, Light Armor, and Alchemy. Her followers can only be Animal-type aside from those required by a quest. This should be an interesting play.

RJBERGER BOI

Alright i have a dark elf and am looking to go on the destruction and conjuration path .... i have just started the game and am telling the jarl of whiterun the news of the dragon. Are there any tips you guys could give me as to making a very good character .

P.S. I prefer to only use magic this game .

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
My Theif/Assasin/Rogue Khajiit build:

Primary Perks: Sneak tree full, One-handed (dual wield focused+swords), Light armour, Smithing (heavy side for weapons)
Secondary Perks: Archery, Alchemy - Just the upgrading the first perks on these to level 5. Enchanting for twin enchantments.

Weapons: Twin daggers for stealth kills, swap to dual swords when im rushed. Archery as a back up
Armour: Thieves Guild for general thieving, Shrouded for questing and combat

Health/Stamina 60/40 split. No magic.

M'aiqaelF

Alright i have a dark elf and am looking to go on the destruction and conjuration path .... i have just started the game and am telling the jarl of whiterun the news of the dragon. Are there any tips you guys could give me as to making a very good character .

P.S. I prefer to only use magic this game .

it's a good idea to focus on upgrading one kind of destruction magic in the beginning (fire, frost, or sparks) be sure to the get the "impact" and dual cast perks for destruction. For conjuration pick perks for either atronachs or zombies, but not both. It's also a good idea to get a follower and carry some kind of heavy armor and conventional weapon at lower levels, I found this helpful.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
^ I agree, get destruction dual casting asap, within destruction i like lightening as yes fire does slightly more damage but lightening ignores heavy armour. Also i like the atronach side of conjuration better than the necromancy path. a conjured storm atronach is awesome.

M'aiqaelF

for some reason it seems to me that the firebolt is more accurate than the lightning bolt....although I might get into using the lightning more once I get the disintegrate perk. I prefer the atronach as well b/c they are a bigger shield of sorts.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
^ The perk disintegrate perk is more useful than the corresponding top perks for fire or frost. Once you max out destruction.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts