• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
Pure Mage
Race: High Elf
Alignment: Lawfull/Evil
Factions: Mage's Guild
Major Skills: Destruction, Restoration, Illusion
Minor Skills: Smithing, Enchanting, Alteration
Perks:
Magicka untill 300 magicka(without items) them Health-Stanima:2-1
Guardian Stone: Mage/Apprentice
Shouts: Disarm, Ice form, Unrelenting Force, Whilrwind Sprint, Become Etheral
Equipment: Robes until you can enchant a heavy armor.
Obs.: Pure mages are former members of the Thalamor hwo are gifted in magic and use it in nearly all situations.

Pure Mage
Race: High Elf
Alignment: Lawfull/Evil
Factions: Mage's Guild
Major Skills: Destruction, Restoration, Illusion
Minor Skills: Smithing, Enchanting, Alteration
Perks:

Magicka untill 300 magicka(without items) them Health-Stanima:2-1
Guardian Stone: Lover
Shouts: Disarm, Ice form, Unrelenting Force, Whilrwind Sprint, Slow Time, Dragonrend
Equipment: Daedric or any other heavy armor.
Obs.: Paladins are imperial battle mages that use the power of restoration to heal them in battle while also restoring they stanima.This way the paladins were able to take far stronger enemies and defeat overwhelming numbers.They used maces to inflict retribution upon the unworthy.
You seemed to have duplicated your Paladin build, or at least the Obs comments. To me, a Pure Mage doesn't use weapons, armor, nor invest in much health (except through Enchantments.) That's why Heavy Armor, and Smithing are Warrior skills...

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
You seemed to have duplicated your Paladin build, or at least the Obs comments. To me, a Pure Mage doesn't use weapons, armor, nor invest in much health (except through Enchantments.) That's why Heavy Armor, and Smithing are Warrior skills...
Yeah I edited that. Sorry.But you have to get a heavy armor at some point.You can't just stand with 100 health all the game thinking that you will fight only meele enemies that won't live to get to you.When I play a pure mage I start smithing and enchanting at about lvl 20(when I hav money).You can put the robe enchants on the heavy armor with a decent enchanting skill.

Yeah I edited that. Sorry.But you have to get a heavy armor at some point.You can't just stand with 100 health all the game thinking that you will fight only meele enemies that won't live to get to you.When I play a pure mage I start smithing and enchanting at about lvl 20(when I hav money).You can put the robe enchants on the heavy armor with a decent enchanting skill.
You don't Have to use Heavy Armor, but Conjuration really helps if you don't. I've survived past level 50 with only the Health I was able to Enchant, and Alteration spells for Armor. I emphasized the operative word, if you just Stand there with a Glass Cannon, you will get mashed flat shortly after that guy gets close with a Warhammer. Summons help by giving them a Tank, or Flame Atronach to focus on, while you support it with Destruction (Use the same Element, so you don't kill your Atronach.) An Altmer without any encumbrance at all has the fastest running speed of any playable character, so your hidden advantage is Mobility. Spells in both hands also prevent you from Sprinting, but otherwise, you can Run&Gun slightly faster than anyone shorter, and slowed by weapons/armor. Frost damage also has a handy Slowing side effect. I also use Wuld a lot to relocate. One of the most challenging builds to play (after a pacifistic Pure Thief) but a Pure Mage just uses the Mage Skills. If you throw in Warrior skills, you're some variation on Battlemage.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
You don't Have to use Heavy Armor, but Conjuration really helps if you don't. I've survived past level 50 with only the Health I was able to Enchant, and Alteration spells for Armor. I emphasized the operative word, if you just Stand there with a Glass Cannon, you will get mashed flat shortly after that guy gets close with a Warhammer. Summons help by giving them a Tank, or Flame Atronach to focus on, while you support it with Destruction (Use the same Element, so you don't kill your Atronach.) An Altmer without any encumbrance at all has the fastest running speed of any playable character, so your hidden advantage is Mobility. Spells in both hands also prevent you from Sprinting, but otherwise, you can Run&Gun slightly faster than anyone shorter, and slowed by weapons/armor. Frost damage also has a handy Slowing side effect. I also use Wuld a lot to relocate. One of the most challenging builds to play (after a pacifistic Pure Thief) but a Pure Mage just uses the Mage Skills. If you throw in Warrior skills, you're some variation on Battlemage.
Well I don't use a lot of conjuration spells.Usually just the mob of the element I choose(fire usually so flame atronach) so he won't be taking damage from my spells.They tank good usually , and you can always pull back and heal yourself quick.However what if you are fighting multiple ranged enemies at once?Like 2 archers and 1 mage , if you get a hit from all of them(on adept) you are nearly dead(and on master you are dead).In that kind of situations shouts won't help since the range of wuld/fusroda may not overcome their range.About the warrior part(frost slows them to hell) you can end up fighting darug overlords(hwo shout) or any other shouter , how can disable you for long enaugh to finnish you up.

Besides all that , you have your greater 2 enemies-Dragons and Assassins.Dragons will be able to finnish your mob fast , then he goes for you(also he has AoE damage so you will end up taking some pain).Assassins are very rare in the game , and warriors tend to not give a damn about them since they will tickle them.But well planed sneak attack can end you because it will catch you without your mage armor on.Even if you fight face to face some sort of guy like that, he usually evades your porjectiles and gets to stab you.

I did not plan to make a battle mage , a battle mage uses a one handed weapon or something like that along with the spells.There is one last reason of why you should get health&armor and it's for later in the game when you get your destruction/ilusion or even restoration to master.You must move inside a pile of enemies and drop those spells that take about 5 precious questions to cast.

Well I don't use a lot of conjuration spells.Usually just the mob of the element I choose(fire usually so flame atronach) so he won't be taking damage from my spells.They tank good usually , and you can always pull back and heal yourself quick.However what if you are fighting multiple ranged enemies at once?Like 2 archers and 1 mage , if you get a hit from all of them(on adept) you are nearly dead(and on master you are dead).In that kind of situations shouts won't help since the range of wuld/fusroda may not overcome their range.About the warrior part(frost slows them to hell) you can end up fighting darug overlords(hwo shout) or any other shouter , how can disable you for long enaugh to finnish you up.

Besides all that , you have your greater 2 enemies-Dragons and Assassins.Dragons will be able to finnish your mob fast , then he goes for you(also he has AoE damage so you will end up taking some pain).Assassins are very rare in the game , and warriors tend to not give a damn about them since they will tickle them.But well planed sneak attack can end you because it will catch you without your mage armor on.Even if you fight face to face some sort of guy like that, he usually evades your porjectiles and gets to stab you.

I did not plan to make a battle mage , a battle mage uses a one handed weapon or something like that along with the spells.There is one last reason of why you should get health&armor and it's for later in the game when you get your destruction/ilusion or even restoration to master.You must move inside a pile of enemies and drop those spells that take about 5 precious questions to cast.
There's lots of tactics to use, situationally with a Pure Mage. Just to run down the ones you mentioned: Say you're taking on the Foresworn, which usually have a bit of Mages, and Archers on to of their Dual Wielders. Assuming you can Evade, or have already dealt with the Meleers, first Wuld within range (archers always have a bit more than mages) and stunlock the Mage/Archers with Impact, so they can't fire/shoot back.

With Flame Atronach, the thing is that's not a very good tank, but another Glass Cannon. It skates around, throwing Firebolts, but if it is mobbed, and killed, it often takes out the ones around it with it's death throes. Be prepared to mop up any survivors, and recast. I play on Adpet, Master if to compensate for OP builds, which a Glass Cannon is not. If you're good with them, you don't need to dial up the difficulty to the point where you're getting 1shotted.

The only thing I get Snak Attacked by regularly is Sabercats. So, if I'm in their country, I keep Ebony Flesh up (you can recast before it wears off) and Detect Life for early warning. Also, Flame Cloak, and/or Wall of Flames help finish them quickly. Ok, not the classic 3rd era Battlemage Class, but still a Mage/Warrior hybrid, because you're using Warrior Skills.

I assume you mean Master Spells, which take 3 seconds to cast, while you're rooted to the spot, can't do anything else, and can be interrupted with a Stagger? I don't use them, they're suicidal with a Glass Cannon, because you Have to surround yourself (Except Lightning Storm, which will likely get you shot) and they make you too vulnerable. Try Ice Storm, and Frenzy, or Flaming familiar. There's a lot of other good combos, but these prevent you from Dual Casting, which increases your Magicka Drain a lot more than your Damage.

Throw an Ice Storm, and chase it with a Flaming Familiar in it's path (or cast them together.) This actually kills, and detonates it, but anything in the AOE is now Slowed, and on fire. It takes a bit of practice to time it at different ranges, and to account for movement, but this is extremely powerful for large numbers, and doesn't cost all that much Magicka. Also, you can use this combo behind cover, since the summon runs around it, while the Storm goes right through, but Aura Whisper really helps for aiming/timing.

Frenzy is better than Mayhem, because you can start a Moshpit over there, while maintaining the mobility to stay out of it. Cast them atlernating hands to carpet bomb large numbers, such as Karthspire. This clumps them up firghting each other so you can blast them with AoE Adept Destruction, or hose them down with Wall Spells. These are great, because they do up to 75 damage for 20 seconds, as long as they stay in the AoE. You can even Impact Stun them so they don't run out, (as long as it's not Stormwall.)

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
I assume you mean Master Spells, which take 3 seconds to cast, while you're rooted to the spot, can't do anything else, and can be interrupted with a Stagger? I don't use them, they're suicidal with a Glass Cannon, because you Have to surround yourself (Except Lightning Storm, which will likely get you shot) and they make you too vulnerable. Try Ice Storm, and Frenzy, or Flaming familiar. There's a lot of other good combos, but these prevent you from Dual Casting, which increases your Magicka Drain a lot more than your Damage.

Throw an Ice Storm, and chase it with a Flaming Familiar in it's path (or cast them together.) This actually kills, and detonates it, but anything in the AOE is now Slowed, and on fire. It takes a bit of practice to time it at different ranges, and to account for movement, but this is extremely powerful for large numbers, and doesn't cost all that much Magicka. Also, you can use this combo behind cover, since the summon runs around it, while the Storm goes right through, but Aura Whisper really helps for aiming/timing.

Frenzy is better than Mayhem, because you can start a Moshpit over there, while maintaining the mobility to stay out of it. Cast them atlernating hands to carpet bomb large numbers, such as Karthspire. This clumps them up firghting each other so you can blast them with AoE Adept Destruction, or hose them down with Wall Spells. These are great, because they do up to 75 damage for 20 seconds, as long as they stay in the AoE. You can even Impact Stun them so they don't run out, (as long as it's not Stormwall.)

So you don't like master spells?Wait you don't use them because you think you are a glass cannon , which can be fixed with a heavy enchanted armor that you do not want to grab because of what?Those spells are the best spells in the game.Fire storm and master frenzy(not sure what's it's name) are just OP.You can grab a whole city to you then if you drop one of those spells they will either die on the first or second casting , or fight eachother until they end up dead.

It's a small price , think about it.At level 20 you done all the mage's guild's quests + some of the main storyline , and you get so much junk from all those quests and dungeons that you sell , you end up with about 15 or 20 k of gold.Turning those hides from the animals you killed into bracers will improve your smithing (still need some daggers or rings) and then if you enchant all that your enchanting will also get high.So at 60 smith and (dosen't really matter the number) enchanting you can have an improved orchish armor with robe's enchants on it.Also you will have the enchants on your boots , bracers , ring and necklace so you have nothing to lose , just to win.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Arcane Puppet Master
Race: Altmer (High Elf)
Alignment: Chaotic (Does not have a true Moral alignment and is determinable by the player)
Factions: Collage of Winterhold. Others are optional besides Companions
Major Skills: Illusion, Conjuration, Alteration
Minor Skills: Enchanting, Restoration, Sneak
Magicka/Health/Stamina: 300-500 magicka (without enchantments), 100-150 Stamina (without enchantments), and extra points can go towards heath if you really need it.
Perks: Summoner Style Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! | Necromancer Style Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! | Both Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
Guardian Stone: Lord, Apprentice, Ritual, or other
Shouts: Animal Allegiance, Become Ethereal, Dismay, Ice Form, Kyne's Peace, Whirlwind Sprint
Equipment: Vokun, robes and other appeal to decrease spell cost, increase magicka pool/regen, Health, Stamina. Armor is uneed since you will get
Obs.: Arcane Puppet Masters are mages who do not believe they are above all other mages in mental capabilities, and would never degrade themselves to use their superior magical talent for the School of Destruction, which they view as being the school of weak minded mages. They instead believe that one should use his superior mental capacity and magical talents to manipulate the minds of others and summon or raise the dead to fight for them, which they view as the ultimate proof of arcane mastery. They view all as below themselves. The minds of others are viewed as toys to be played with and manipulated. They will due as they like using their magical talents to commit any crime they choose, and make those around them not care the least. In combat they turn friend against friend, summoning minions or raising them from the dead to make the fight more interesting and hide using magic. Using the Schools Restoration and Alteration to protect themselves if their minions should prove incompetent enough to allow someone to get close to them. When necessary they will cast a simple paralyze spell to leave an enemy helpless before them. Viewing every interaction as an experiment they lack any moral alignment in particular, only restricted by personal beliefs.

Dragon Knight
Race: Any
Alignment: Neutral
Factions: Greybeards, Blades
Major Skills: One Handed, Block, Heavy Armor
Minor Skills: Smithing
Perks: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
Guardian Stone: Lord Stone
Shouts: Call Dragon, Dragonrend, Fire Breath, Frost Breath, Unrelenting Force, Everything
Equipment: Dragonbone Armor and Shield, Amulet of Talos, Dragonsbane
Obs.: The ultimate master of dragons, dragon shouts, and really anything relating to dragons. They wear armor made from the bones of the many dragons they've slayed, along with an amulet of talos for reducing time between shouts. They are capable of commanding a dragon of their own, and fight off those they can't control with a sword and shield.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
Shield Mage
Race: Altmer/Breton
Alignment: Chaotic/Good
Factions:Collage of Winterhold
Major Skills: Destruction, Block, Heavy Armor
Minor Skills: Restoration, Smityhing, Enchanting
Perks:
Magicka and Stanima until 200 stanima then health-magicka
Guardian Stone: Lover , Steed
Shouts: Disarm, Unrelenting Force, Fire Breath, Frost Breath, Ice Form, Dragonrend
Equipment: Robes and heavy bracers/shield/boots until you can smith a heavy armor
Obs.: Shield Mages are able to best any warrior in combat, because they can block blows with ease due to their training with the shield.Also they use frost magic to burn the enemy's stanima , therefore getting even more advantages over them.

Shade

Class: Hired Hand
Race: Nord/Breton/Imperial/Red Guard
Factions: None
Major Skills: Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing
Minor Skills: One-Handed, Two-Handed, Archery
Perks: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
Health: 50% Stamina: 50%
Guardian Stone: Lady Stone
Shouts: None
Equipment: Any civilian clothing.
Obs.: Chop wood, harvest crops, craft items, make potions, enchant them, sell them, ????, Profit

Regener
Race: Redguard
Factions: Companions, College of Winterhold
Major Skills: One Handed, Destruction, Light Armor
Minor Skills: Enchanting, Smithing
Guardian Stone: The Lady Stone
Shouts: Elemental Fury, Slow Time, Unrelenting Force, Whirlwind Sprint
Equipment: Light Armor with stamina, magic and health regeneration enchantments,
Obs.: A regener is a spellsword specializing in both versatility and high regeneration. Spreading his talents out in many different directions, he will never be the strongest in one area. But this weakness is his strength, for this provides him with the powers and utilities for nearly every situation, and this combined with his masterful regeneration skills make him the ultimate factotum.

Alcoholic
Race: Nord
Alignment: Chaotic/Neutral
Factions: None
Major Skills: None
Minor Skills: Alchemy, Speech, Pickpocket
Guardian Stone: The Lord Stone
Shouts: Fire Breath
Equipment: Roughspun Tunic, Various alcoholic beverages
Obs.: The alcoholic is... an alcoholic. He is the town drunk of every city and village in all nine holds of Skyrim and can often be found drinking in various taverns. Infamous for getting into bar brawls, he has proven to be a great fist fighter, but always carries a short blade on his person. Some people are intimidated by him, but most just pity him. He's resorted to picking pockets every now and then and has developed quite a talent for it. Potions have a greater effect on him, and he knows a thing or two when it comes to alchemy. He spends nearly all his money on alcohol, and all his time drinking it, which in turn fuels his deadly fire breath.

Clau

The Fateless One
Femme Fatale

Race: (Female) Breton / Dark Elf / High Elf / Imperial / Nord / Redguard / Wood Elf
Alignment: Chaotic/Evil
Factions: Dark Brotherhood
Major Skills: Alchemy / Pickpocket / Speech
Minor Skills: Sneak
Guardian Stone: The Lady Stone or The Serpent Stone
Shouts: None
Equipment: Tavern Clothing / Shrouded Armor Set
Orbs.: Femme Fatales are mysterious, yet alluring and very deadly. They love to take advantage of men's weakness and strike when they are most vulnerable and unsuspecting. They use charm and intelligence to get out of sticky situations and to survive life and death situations.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Arcane Warrior
Race: Breton Lv 30​
Alignment: Chaotic/Neutral​
Factions: Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold
Major Skills: One Handed, Block, Light Armor
Minor Skills: Conjuration
Perks: http://skyrimcalculator.com/175673
Guardian Stone: The Lord Stone (sometimes Atronach, when you know you'll be fighting mages because with Breton daily power and Atronach Stone, you can reach 100% magic absorption for 1 minute)
Shouts: No Shouts, is not Dragonborn, don't start the Main Quest
Equipment: Since he is not using Smithing or Enchanting, everything will be found or purchased Light armor and Light shield (unless you really want Spellbreaker, Shield of Ysgramor or something). The only weapon he will use is his Bound Sword, sometimes he will dual wield them, but mostly he uses a sword/shield combination. The enchantments he is looking for on his armor/jewelry include Health, Stamina Regeneration, One Handed damage, Magic Resistance, Blocking, etc. Carries a few Hawk Feathers to eat when diseased, and a few Vegetable Soups for particularly difficult opponents.
Obs.: The Arcane Warrior is quick and agile, and sees combat as a tactical game of chess. He shield bashes and sword slashes as he dances back and forth on his feet. He has a high innate Magic Resistance of 50% (25% Breton and 25% Lord), and it gets even better when he picks up Elemental Protection and various enchanted armor or jewelry. He doesn't use any ranged attacks, followers, or summons (aside from Bound Sword of course). Dragon Priests will be slightly difficult for him because of this, but that's what the high Magic Resistance is for!​

Trapper
Race: Bosmer
Factions: Companions, College of Winterhold, Dawnguard
Major Skills: Archery, Destruction, Alchemy
Minor Skills: Light Armor, One Handed, Sneak, Conjuration
Shouts: Throw Voice, Aura Whisper, Animal Allegiance, Kyne's Piece
Equipment: Armor of the Old Gods
Obs.: The trapper is a hunter who dabbles in magic and specializes in runes. He sets these traps and then uses either his bow and arrows or throw voice shout to lead unsuspecting prey to their demise. His primary offense is archery. He uses both bound and unbound weapons alike, as he is proficient in both, and can fall back on his sword when the need arises. He is often found roaming the land and collecting resources, whether it be plants, ore, etc. The trapper is resourceful in almost every way conceivable.

Alchemist

Race: Anyone
Alignment: Anyone
Factions: College of Winterhold
Major Skills: Alchemy, Alteration, Enchanting
Minor Skills: Sneak, Speech
Shouts: Unrelenting Force, Slow time, Whirlwind Sprint
Equipment: Mage Robe, Dagger and Bow
Obs.: Alchemists study the elements of Chemistry, Anthropology, Astrology, Magic, Philosophy, Metallurgy, Mathematics, Mysticism and Religion. They are not great fighters, has great relationships with the most powerful potions and more experienced can even transform a base metal into gold. Their adventures consist of more knowledge, to create the legendary Elixir of Life.

Eury

Dovahkiin
Eury's Assassin

Race: Imperial/Vampire Lord
Alignment: Chaotic/Evil
Factions: Dark Brotherhood
Major Skills: Sneak, Illusion, Conjuration, One-Handed
Minor Skills: Smithing, Block
Perks: Level 45
50 difference between each attribute, example: 250 Magicka, 200 Health, 150 Stamina.
Guardian Stone: The Lord Stone
Shouts: Marked for Death, Slow Time, Disarm
Equipment: Dragonbone Dagger, Dragonbane, Vampire Royal Armor, Shrouded Boots, Shrouded Gloves
Obs.: This assassin mainly uses his invisible spell so he can get close to his enemies and slit their throat. If there are too many enemies, he uses the "Pacify" spell to make most enemies calm, and then picks them off one by one. Might a dragon appear, he instantly uses the "Marked for Death" shout to make the dragon weaker and summons two Dremora Lords to do the work for him. When there are multiple dragons coming, he transform into the Vampire Lord, summons a gargoyle, uses the "Supernatural Reflexes" ability and keeps using the Drain Life spell.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts