• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cassie

Hey guys! So I have CK but it's not through steam and same for skyrim. My problem is that I'm not sure how to get my mods into skyrim without it being through steam. I've tried figuring it out for almost a week now but no luck. If anyone could help you would be my hero! Thanks.

Rhew

The missing snow elf
have you tried nexus?

Rhew

The missing snow elf
hmmm, can you place them in the data file like other mods?

JoeReese

You want to know how to get them into your game to work, or how to upload them somewhere so others can enjoy them?

Assuming you want to play them, Skyrim should read them if they're in the data folder, but I've never played outside of steam with a PC, so I don't know if you have the same little "Data Files" option, when you first start the game. If you do, click it and make sure the mods you wish to play are there and checked. Once done, they should load into the game. (Be careful uninstalling a mod, as it can corrupt your saves. Recommended to make a pre-emptive hard save, and delete everything after it when you've finished your test, so your next test/play starts right were you saved.

Cassie

I figured it out actually! I run it through windows which I now regret lol. I wasn't running it as administrator every time so windows felt it was a great idea to hide my files as a punishment. Fml. Got it running now with a huge new land for my mod! Wish me luck! And thanks for all the help y'all!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts