chest with insane respawnable loot inside in Dawnstar

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
How many hours does it take to respawn this chest?
I waited 48hrs at the chest site but it was still empty, so I went to see the caravan trader and asked to see her goods to find she had restocked, so I went back to the chest and it was full again.. Yay !! I did this several times and ended up with 7890/455 as my carry capacity.. And then found myself having trouble finding peopl with money to buy it. Lol gotta love that save, hit and reload... A bit of time n little effort = money money money and some nice stuff for myself as well.

brandon

I know I'm bringing up an old thread but I just got internet finally. And now that I got the update the dawn star chest isn't Res pawning like it used too. On my old guy it respawned every ten days. On my new guy it doesn't respawn now. I emptied it completely out. Waited ten days it was still empty. Traveled to every capitol. Went back and it was still empty. Then I got mad last night went back to it and it was full again.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
There's a chest I believe in every major city. I cycle between the Dawnstar, Whiterun, and Solitude one. The Whiterun one can be a bit tricky, so I don't go after that one as much.

brandon

The only one i knew of was the one in dawnstar. But its been a long time since I've been back on this forum. Maybe they were part of the update

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
The Whiterun one is still working, but as Jersey stated it can be a bit tricky getting over the wall at times.

redrkt

Premium Member
I know I'm bringing up an old thread but I just got internet finally. And now that I got the update the dawn star chest isn't Res pawning like it used too. On my old guy it respawned every ten days. On my new guy it doesn't respawn now. I emptied it completely out. Waited ten days it was still empty. Traveled to every capitol. Went back and it was still empty. Then I got mad last night went back to it and it was full again.

the Dawnstar one you have to talk to An'kira (sic) to get that one to respawn, and don't forget about the one at Markarth, down by the river behind the wall where Ris'aad sets up his camp. anytime you run across any of the traders and check their goods the chests will respawn.

Firestar94

That same thing happened to me. I sold some items that I enchanted to her, then I went to the hidden chest and those exact same items were in the chest.
COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!!!!!! o_O

Morgan

That same thing happened to me. I sold some items that I enchanted to her, then I went to the hidden chest and those exact same items were in the chest.
COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!!!!!! o_O

It's not a coincidence. It's how merchant mechanics work. All merchants in the game are linked to a "merchant's chest". The items the merchants can sell spawn in these merchant chests, and the items you sell the merchant are placed there. With the creation kit PC users can open up any area that has a merchant, and you can always find one of these chests nearby, usually buried deep under the terrain. They are not supposed to be accessible to the player character. The boxes in Markarth, Dawnstar, and other places are just cases where the developers didn't bury them deep enough, and some little corner is poking a couple of pixels up far enough for you to activate.

Firestar94

It's not a coincidence. It's how merchant mechanics work. All merchants in the game are linked to a "merchant's chest". The items the merchants can sell spawn in these merchant chests, and the items you sell the merchant are placed there. With the creation kit PC users can open up any area that has a merchant, and you can always find one of these chests nearby, usually buried deep under the terrain. They are not supposed to be accessible to the player character. The boxes in Markarth, Dawnstar, and other places are just cases where the developers didn't bury them deep enough, and some little corner is poking a couple of pixels up far enough for you to activate.
I said I don't think it is a coincidence. I agree with you completely. Read it more clearly next time.

Morgan

I said I don't think it is a coincidence. I agree with you completely. Read it more clearly next time.

Sorry man. I do my damnedest, but them three extry words is jes' a whole lotta work. And obviously it's not possible that I was confirming and expanding rather than correcting. COMPLETELY beyond the realm of possibility, that!

thehntr

For me (PS3) you have to wait for the kajit to show up, then ask her what she has, look at her inventory, go to the chest. Get what you need, then go back and wait 48 hours, but you have to look at him so he doesn't go away, then look at his inventory again, go look at the chest, repeat.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Guys you do know what it is don't you? It's the chest for the Khajiit Caravan that goes to Dawnstar, anything they have appears their.
So you could sell all your stuff, and then go get it back.
You can also do this in Whiterun by going under the city, here's a video

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Guys you do know what it is don't you? It's the chest for the Khajiit Caravan that goes to Dawnstar, anything they have appears their.
So you could sell all your stuff, and then go get it back.
You can also do this in Whiterun by going under the city, here's a video
Dude. This was found in December. Everyone knows what it is -_-

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Dude. This was found in December. Everyone knows what it is -_-
Yeah I know, but considering nobody knew what this chest was it kinda seemed like the people on this thread didn't. Considering their the same thing and all

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts