chest with insane respawnable loot inside in Dawnstar

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Ok, I finally decided to go try this and watched the video to know exactly what to do. In the vid he fast travels to Dawnstar and makes a bee line for the rocks and chest. Well when I fast traveled I was facing the city. No problem, I thought, just look around. Well 20 minutes and a boatload of searching later I still had no chest! Was this fixed in a patch or something?

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
It's still there; I took some loot from it last night. Are you sure you are looking in the right place? It's to the left of the mine. Between two rocks and the rock hillside.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
It's still there; I took some loot from it last night. Are you sure you are looking in the right place? It's to the left of the mine. Between two rocks and the rock hillside.

I will try again. I must be looking in the wrong spot. Near the mine, I'll try to find that first.

Garrison

I will try again. I must be looking in the wrong spot. Near the mine, I'll try to find that first.

The exact spot of the chest within the area is really small... I've 'missed' it before and I know it's there... be slow and thorough as you canvas that area.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
Dawnstar is built kind of in two levels. When you fast travel there, you turn right and that is the top level of buildings. Walk in front of these building going past them all until you get to the smelter and then there is the mine. Don't go over to the mine, just walk straight past the cart going towards two large rocks next to a bolder and look for the smaller rock behind/between them the chest is right between the front and back rock where the bolder kind of has a point. (I just typed this from memory... do I visit this chest much?)

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
Watch this video. It shows the location really well.

Nightshade

Found it guys! I sincerely apologize for my previously confused and idiotic post. :p

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
L
NO WONDER! The damn thing is invisible!!!

LOL. yup. That's the sport in finding it.

I am sure there is one at every town the Khajit caravans visit, but good luck finding them.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I guess the khaijiit never has much money to buy back all the stuff you just looted from his secret chest, otherwise you could just keep doing that to make fat stacks.

This is great. Now I can do missions without worrying about all the loot!!

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
I guess the khaijiit never has much money to buy back all the stuff you just looted from his secret chest, otherwise you could just keep doing that to make fat stacks.

I always off load some of what I get with the Khaijiit usually around 750 (no Perks) so that lightens the load then Ill fast travel to my favorite shopping depot get rid of the rest disenchant what I want then head back to dawnstar, save your game, then kill the main Khaijiit or from what I have experienced it can be any vendor, then reload your save and head back to the chest and bam there you go again I can make very fast cash this way.

I even enchant items with the petty and common souls to boost my prices while I'm disenchanting, over all very good system for boosting cash flow.

I'm using the Tower Stone and I can handle all the loot.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
When I know I'm gonna head to my favorite chest I just grab my Ring of Carry, Necklace of carry, and boots of carry. Which does the trick I end up with over 500 which is usually enough.

I guess for those who might not know if you own a horse, and you become over encumbered you just get on your horse then you can fast travel where ever you would like no perks or enchantments required.

On this playthrough I've made some "power gloves", "power boots", "power amulet". and "power ring" which give 33 each and I'm wearing the Volsung which gives 20. If necessary I might upgrade my enchanting and make some new power apparel.

irock12619

Its tied to the khajiit caravan. So you sell it to them, then check the chest, it should be there. The loot changes up because her inventory changes up. its that easy :)

God I love this chest... XD it really helped when i was starting out.

Lvl 29 master theif .... Vilkas may be my husband.. But ulfric has my heart!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts