chest with insane respawnable loot inside in Dawnstar

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Garrison

I don't know if there are variants to this 'exploit', however I have done this a few times (PC) and have never had to talk to a Khajitt in order to spawn, nor do I have to go in sneak mode. The chest is small, so you need to be thorough when you look for it, as it is easy not to catch it if you're sweeping through the location quickly.

murdaface

i found it without sneaking (360). heres how i walk to it. fast travel, go straight past the first set of buildings, the first one you pass is the forge on your right. the landscape veers slighty left and there is a gab between the buildings. turn right and walk between them, climbing the hill. there will be a house slightly favoring your left side with a fence, stay to the right and keep climbing. you will run into the correct mine. once at the entrance there is a big bush and a few rocks. its a very small focused spot on the ground between the rocks, where the snow seems to have a cross pattern between the rocks, just beyond the first branch hanging over that area. hope that helps

Barryl85

I don't know if there are variants to this 'exploit', however I have done this a few times (PC) and have never had to talk to a Khajitt in order to spawn, nor do I have to go in sneak mode. The chest is small, so you need to be thorough when you look for it, as it is easy not to catch it if you're sweeping through the location quickly.

Its definately not spawning for me its been empty for well over 40 in game days and on my screen there is absolutely no chest its just the snow on the ground i see next to the rocks and unless i go into sneak mode i cannot get the text to appear.

I play on Xbox 360.

Nightshade

There is a smelter outside both the mines - theres the quicksilver mine with a boat outside it, its not that one its the other and its called iron breaker mine, and I guarantee its there, you cannot be looking properly or you arent in sneak mode when you try to find it I think you have to be in sneak mode.

It's the Iron Breaker mine, but thanks so much for trying to help me nonetheless :) I've tried sneaking as well to see if it would show up. I even see the same surroundings that are in the video to confirm I'm in the right location even more so. I'm not doubting that it's there for you guys, it just doesn't seem to be here for me. I'll keep going back and post if it appears or if I eventually find it and feel like a complete idiot. Most likely I'm an idiot.

Garrison

Apologies for probably stating the obvious, but to those who can't seem to find the chest, you do know that it's invisible, right? I realize that will generate a lot of eye-rolling, but if it helps but one person who wasn't aware, well... eye roll away! :)

dellfenian

Dovahkiin
for me, (360) it respawns when i talk to the khajiit. not related to the dragon or wait time. and the chest cant be found until the khajiit leave town again.
i can go anytime with any toon and its there whether khajiits are in town or not
also on 360

Smacka

Sleepless in Pennsylvania
Yes, and it's the one near the smelter ^_^ Can't figure out why it's not there at all though..odd.

Sometimes it is hard to get the cursor on it. It is a VERY small "window" to hit ;)

DarkerInstinct

RangerHawke
This is the Khajiit trader's inventory chest, if you compare hers and the chest's inventory they are exactly the same, also there be moonsugar a Khajiit drug. There may be more of these in places the Khajiit stop to trade

Barryl85

FINALLY GOT THIS MOFO TO RESPAWN..........

Khajiit eventually showed up in whiterun, bought all of their lockpicks - travelled to dawnstar BOOM full of goodies.

Over 40 days of gameplay and no spawn says to me you NEED to trade with them for it to respawn (on my Xbox 360 Profile/Spawn anyway).

Garrison

FINALLY GOT THIS MOFO TO RESPAWN..........

Khajiit eventually showed up in whiterun, bought all of their lockpicks - travelled to dawnstar BOOM full of goodies.

Over 40 days of gameplay and no spawn says to me you NEED to trade with them for it to respawn (on my Xbox 360 Profile/Spawn anyway).

It's strange that our conditions for respawn would seem to be so different, but... bottom line, You got it!!!

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
I can't seem to be able to find Ahkari anywhere. It's driving me nuts. No respawn for me :-(

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
This has definitely made it easier on my quest for 100,000 gold. I just clear it out whenever I come through dawnstar and make a bit of extra cash.

The last haul sucked though. There was like 7 different unenchanted steel or Iron level two handed weapons in there. I didn't even bother taking them.

Eric Badders

Unholy Mind
Mehrunes Dagon is a Daedric Shrine... complete the quest, and then the shrine repawns on roughly a weekly basis. 4 Daedra to dispose of as well as some really nice loot, all packaged neat and tidy in one small chamber!

Every time I fight them I circle around and blow their silly behinds off the mountain with Unrelenting Force. Takes about 1 second to finish the fight.

Arlais

Invisible chest is there, tried it with 3 different characters, on XBox360. No sneak, no specific levels. Just travel to Dawnstar, jump over the fence, walk around behind all the houses, then to the second mine and it's under the tree (between the tree and the rock, specifically). It doesn't matter where the Khajit are either.

Havent' checked respawns yet but I've only used it once to give new characters enough gold to buy their first house. It's also a really nice source for free lockpicks. :)

The Khajit inventory is all there when I check the traders, so I'm thankful for the free gift. It's not hurting anything or anyone.

I hope they don't remove it from the game anytime soon because it's really nice to get a new toon set up without having to do a ton of undue running around to gain resources, and be able to get to playing the game instead. Take a carriage to Dawnstar, and off you go. Of course using it is entirely optional. Every game has its "easter eggs." I think this is just one of Skyrim's. :)

Tiddleykong

Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea
Loot chest after talking to traveling khajiit traders outside of dawnstar then travel to riften and wait til they are there talk to her again go back to chest and loot it...... Rinse and repeat

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
I spent all last night working up getting my Smithing to 100, which took a long time in the game world (had to keep waiting 2 days). Afterwards, I went to check the chest, as always, and low and behold, it finally re-spawned! YAY! I never did find the Khajiit caravan.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
Smiting to 100 in a few hours:
I kept going back and forth between the two blacksmiths in Whiterun. Go to "A", buy supplies, make daggers, sell them back. Go right to to "B" buy supplies, make daggers, sell them back. Wait two days. Go to "B" (since you are right there already) buy supplies, make daggers, sell them back. Go right to "A", buy supplies, make daggers, sell them back. Wait two days. Go back to "A" (since you are right there already) buy supplies, make daggers, sell them back. Rinse and repeat. Smithing from 24 to 100 in a couple hours

http://skyrimforum.com/threads/fastest-easiest-way-to-increase-blacksmithing.2123/

I'm now at level 37 and have a full set of Dragonplate armour :cool:

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
duh... I just realized I should have been enchanting the daggers as well to up my Enchantment. Oh well, live and learn. I really do love this game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts