chest with insane respawnable loot inside in Dawnstar

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kbm1767

has anybody had this stop workng for them?

I've gone to Dawnstar, killed the dragon and it hadn't respawned. Waited 10 days, still didn't respawn, so I went to Whiterun and waited some more. Went back to see if it was there, and the dragon had respawned, which I killed, but no chest....

I did see the trader, and sold him something, nice new inventory he has, but no luck on the chest.

dellfenian

Dovahkiin
its working fine for me

Jaeger

The chest belongs to the trader. Wait till he leaves it could be there. Also, you don't have to wait 10 days but two like all the stores. The chest belongs to the cat caravan.

dellfenian

Dovahkiin
if you take all the stuff out and sell it to the vendors around there with doing the khajit last (not selling much) there will be less and less in the chest unless you wait the 10 days else where. and also selling things to the khajit respawns it without spawning the dragon

Barryl85

I have waited around 20 days, cant find the caravan anywhere - no respawn !

dellfenian

Dovahkiin
Barryl85 it has to be in a diff city

Cheztah

Worked for me on PC. As for the cheating debate.
I have not exploited a single stat or used a console command and dont intend to but i dont really see this as cheating as another guy said,
im going to hit it up once a month of ingame time just playing the game normally not waiting around or anything

Garrison

Worked for me on PC. As for the cheating debate.
I have not exploited a single stat or used a console command and dont intend to but i dont really see this as cheating as another guy said,
im going to hit it up once a month of ingame time just playing the game normally not waiting around or anything

I don't have an issue with it either; my only game restrictions are the use of console commands. I don't have an issue with stat-grinding either as it takes time and effort. That said, given your own stance, would accessing the chest not result in an inflated speechcraft stat? Just playing devil's advocate with you! :)

Cheztah

Speech craft is kinda useful and its not like going to power level to 100 or anything anytime soon. So im cool with that. =P

murdaface

for me, (360) it respawns when i talk to the khajiit. not related to the dragon or wait time. and the chest cant be found until the khajiit leave town again.

Nightshade

I'm playing on a 360 and the chest is not there for me. I have checked more than 7 times to make sure I was in the right location just outside of the mine. I'm more than positive I'm in the right location. I don't know whether it has to do with my progression or not, considering I just started a new game. I'll come back to the location at a later time and see if it's there.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I tried this yesterday on PS3 and can confirm it still works. Did it on my Orc Beserker/Tank and gave my orc follower some fire-resistant iron boots. Thanks for letting me know about this.

kbm1767

The chest finally respawned for me! Saw the khajjit troup in Dawnstar, bought some stuff then checked the 'stone' and it was replenished.

kbm1767

I'm playing on a 360 and the chest is not there for me. I have checked more than 7 times to make sure I was in the right location just outside of the mine. I'm more than positive I'm in the right location. I don't know whether it has to do with my progression or not, considering I just started a new game. I'll come back to the location at a later time and see if it's there.

Just to confirm, don't want to ass-u-me - you do know there are 2 mines in Dawnstar correct? Don't know the name, just that its near a smelter.

Barryl85

I cannot find the khajiit - either I dont know their location at any particular town (where they park up their caravan?) or they just arent showing up, the only time I have seen them is when I first travelled to Whiterun many moons ago and they have never showed face again.

I can definately confirm that the chest is not respawning for me so i'm pretty much guessing it wont until i find these 'sneaky' bar stewards.

murdaface

seems like someone had posted a link somewhere earlier in this thread that showed the routes the khajiit took, but my wifi signal at work is weak (pirated), and each page i open takes a lifetime. at first they hardly showed up for me too, but now it seems they show up faster than i can sell all the crap i steal from them lol. maybe since i gained five levels since the first time i jacked em, they feel like i would be more in need of goods? i dunno

Barryl85

Ahh, I didnt notice, I will have to look again, hopefully I get the same end result once I find them again!

Nightshade

Just to confirm, don't want to ass-u-me - you do know there are 2 mines in Dawnstar correct? Don't know the name, just that its near a smelter.

Yes, and it's the one near the smelter ^_^ Can't figure out why it's not there at all though..odd.

Barryl85

Yes, and it's the one near the smelter ^_^ Can't figure out why it's not there at all though..odd.

There is a smelter outside both the mines - theres the quicksilver mine with a boat outside it, its not that one its the other and its called iron breaker mine, and I guarantee its there, you cannot be looking properly or you arent in sneak mode when you try to find it I think you have to be in sneak mode.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts