chest with insane respawnable loot inside in Dawnstar

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
How the heck do you get the chest to respawn. I've taken all the loot and waited 4 days game time. I went to my house in Whiterun and sold some stuff,disenchanted the others. Came back to see a Dragon try to freeze a guy from the Kahjiit Caravan ( He was standing next to the firepit when he got blasted by frost breath) I don't think it hurt him lol. No items respawned yet.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
The video claims you need to wait 10 days.

Garrison

If you're sure that you're in the right place (and the video was accurate for PC), then I would speculate that perhaps as there is a dragon spawn, maybe you need to at least kick off the main quest line in Whiterun.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Are you sure you are in the right exact spot (its a very very small chest). My level 1 or 2 characters find it just after leaving Helgen and arriving at Whiterun stables (use the cart to travel to Dawnstar).

On a side note, I retract my earlier statement about the dragon not showing up. Not only did a dragon attack me in Dawnstar, but then Winterhold 10 minutes later, and then near Riften 5 minutes after that second dragon. In short, I have 3 extra dragon souls. Now I just need to find me some new shouts to unlock!

I also found some piece of armor my woodelf could use (Hide helmet with 15% bows damage increase).

Fdmstng99

Man of Steel
Thanks for the heads up, will check this out tonight.

tragik

Premium Member
Hey guys I found this while reading the Gamefaqs forums yesterday so I made a video to show you guys about it. It's a hidden chest that has an INSANE amount of loot and you can respawn it's content at any time.

You are the man, the myth and the legend all in one!! this worked for me XBOX360 and boy it has some loot.. Can really help out a poor new guy with just a few coins in his pocket..

renswic

Just checked it on my 360. It was there. I don't see it as an exploit but more as someone in Dawnstar that is really clever about hiding their goods with a camoed chest.

Garrison

Just checked it on my 360. It was there. I don't see it as an exploit but more as someone in Dawnstar that is really clever about hiding their goods with a camoed chest.

...and then stupid enough to refill it every 10 days! Works for me!

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
Np. You can pick up the quest in Dawnstar; don't remember the guy's name, but it's the last house on the water. Added bonus of acquiring a pretty serviceable dagger as the mission reward.

As soon as you hit lvl 20 a courier will give you a note to visit the museum in Dawnstar...this starts the quest

Tiddleykong

Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea
That would be quite the coincidence. Maybe the chest ties to another quest...

HAHAHAHAHA really? This chest belongs to that khajit trader that is why you get the items you had sold her. If you talk to her anywhere that is how chest respawns its loot

Garrison

HAHAHAHAHA really? This chest belongs to that khajit trader that is why you get the items you had sold her. If you talk to her anywhere that is how chest respawns its loot

Well I'll concede the point on ownership of the chest; your point makes sense; I was only speculating as to its purpose. However I was certainly able to respawn the chest without having to talk to a khajit trader... wait 10 days and travel back to Dawnstar. It's not any more complicated than that.

Smacka

Sleepless in Pennsylvania
Do you have to completely empty the chest before it will respawn? I waited the 10-days and had to fight another dragon in Dawnstar but the chest did not respawn. I only took what I wanted from the chest the first time around, so maybe I need to totally remove everything? Thank you!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Do you have to completely empty the chest before it will respawn? I waited the 10-days and had to fight another dragon in Dawnstar but the chest did not respawn. I only took what I wanted from the chest the first time around, so maybe I need to totally remove everything? Thank you!

I don't think so. I went back, and some of the items had a 2 next to them. Of course stating there were two of that item.

dellfenian

Dovahkiin
does anyone get the problem of the dragon showing up in dawnstar and circling a bit and flying off?

and also one did this, went and wait 6 days (not paying attention) came back and two were attacking the city?

tragik

Premium Member
re-posting.. once I waited 10 days or so I thought and did not respawn. what I do now is visit it between the 25th-5th of every month.. that ensures it's refreshed and I don't fubar it up, which means waiting another 10 days.

brandon

i was able to do it after this post started and i didnt leave i just waited 10 days beside the chest and it respawned. too bad i was already at my carry limit so i went and sold some stuff came back and it was still there.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts