chest with insane respawnable loot inside in Dawnstar

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
The thing is outside of the very first few companion quests and the talk to whomever after you escape Helgen, I haven't done any quests. Hmmm, I'll have to try it a few more times to see if it happens again.

ThreeDawg

I believe its similar to the chest found under the skyforge, it simply holds all the items that a vendor(s) can sell.

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
Yeah this Chest is there on PC and no dragons spawned on my 3 diff toons i checked it with, well worth a check got 7 filled Grand soul gems out of it on my baby lvl 11 mage

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Same, no dragon for me. Which is good because I was level 4 when I looted and had crap gear.

Garrison

When I was experimenting last night, the dragon spawned only with the respawn of the chest. The first time I found the chest, there was no dragon either.

wheato

Premium Member
I really want to go exploit this, but then I'd feel like I was cheating. I don't like cheating, especially in a game like Skyrim which I know I'll be playing for some time. Would you all consider this crazy chest to be a way of cheating?

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
IMO, as long as you don't constantly loot from it then no it is not cheating. I've used it once in my Nord character. To be honest, I haven't found anything useful for the type of build I plan on working with, so I enchanted the magicka based equipment and left everything else (aside from taking gems, stones, gold, and smithing materials.

Agincourt

TBH its there..........no console codes or anything ,,,its just the same as farming Mehrunes Dagon Shrine once a week but with no Daedra Hearts..........if its in the game its not cheating tbh its not a game breaker so enjoy and don't feel guilty!

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
TBH its there..........no console codes or anything ,,,its just the same as farming Mehrunes Dagon Shrine once a week but with no Daedra Hearts..........if its in the game its not cheating tbh its not a game breaker so enjoy and don't feel guilty!

This.

But a word of caution to all. I was a moron and made this mistake. If planning on using the materials to enchant, alchemy, or smith, watch you skill level! Mine is near 40 and my other skills haven't caught up yet so enemies do get a bit more challenging (not a bad thing but something that everyone should be aware of).

And what is this dragon shrine you speak of?

Agincourt

yeah good point mate never thought of that, i also made this mistake and it certainly livens up the game

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
lol I was doing Silver Hand Missions, and would run up to a bunch of them and die pretty quickly and I was like "wait what?!" Then I remembered, so I thought I'd share from my experiences with this so far. Still have yet to find a good weapon or piece of light armor for my Nord, so I'll stick with enchanting and smithing my own which pushes me further down into the tougher enemies road lol.

Garrison

This.

And what is this dragon shrine you speak of?

Mehrunes Dagon is a Daedric Shrine... complete the quest, and then the shrine repawns on roughly a weekly basis. 4 Daedra to dispose of as well as some really nice loot, all packaged neat and tidy in one small chamber!

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Thank you Garrison, I'll have to check that out.

Garrison

I really want to go exploit this, but then I'd feel like I was cheating. I don't like cheating, especially in a game like Skyrim which I know I'll be playing for some time. Would you all consider this crazy chest to be a way of cheating?

I guess it boils down to what makes the game fun for you. I draw the line at using command lines, or the difficulty slider to get out of trouble. Anything else in game for me is simply taking advantage of what the designers and developers give you, intentional or not. In this particular case, while you may not use most of the stuff, the financial haul is significant. The respawn time to wait and sell is about 10 minutes. So that's roughly 90k for an hour of your time on the game. All to say, if you enjoy the challenge of making money, then probably this 'exploit' is going to ruin that aspect for you.

wheato

Premium Member
I guess it boils down to what makes the game fun for you. I draw the line at using command lines, or the difficulty slider to get out of trouble. Anything else in game for me is simply taking advantage of what the designers and developers give you, intentional or not. In this particular case, while you may not use most of the stuff, the financial haul is significant. The respawn time to wait and sell is about 10 minutes. So that's roughly 90k for an hour of your time on the game. All to say, if you enjoy the challenge of making money, then probably this 'exploit' is going to ruin that aspect for you.

I quite like having to work for my money. Whether that mean I'm stealthing about and doing my best to pickpocket or steal what I can, or do quests and hunt around in caves. Either way is good to me, as it makes me feel like I've earned my cash. I think I'll give this particular exploit a miss. It was a good find though, and thanks to the OP for bringing peoples attention to it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts