1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Chasing echoes glitch?!?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by MulatoPrincess69, Jul 13, 2012.

1. MulatoPrincess69

MulatoPrincess69 New Member

I just started the chasing echoes quest, and Serena is telling me to ditch my follower,which I do. But then when I meet her at the docks, shes still saying that I need to get rid of my follower in order to go with her. What do I do? My horse is standing beside her. Could that be the problem?
  2. Robin Brownlow

Robin Brownlow New Member

I have the same problem, I have not had a follower for months and she keeps saying "get rid of the interloper". I have tried everything but I cannot get her past this point
  3. MulatoPrincess69

MulatoPrincess69 New Member

I got it to work!Im not exactly sure how though. I went back and started the "Deceiving the Herd" quest, then after finishing that and talking with Harkon and Feran Sadri, I was instructed to talk to serena. When the dialogue came up, i chose every option. So that could possibly be why it worked. Also, instead of picking my follower back up at the docks( I left her at the castle docks while I did the decieving the herd quest), i went directly into the castle. After doing all of the above and talking to Serena, it worked! I really hope this helps. :)
  4. illuminist

illuminist dark wood elf assassin

I am sorry mulatoprincess, gosh your name sounds a bit like princess toadstool whenever I see your name I think of her.

nah I have no idea I would not have a clue on what your saying but it sounds really awsome;)dear.
  5. Sserraph

Sserraph New Member

GUYS!!!! (And Girls ^.^) If you are receiving this error i have 3 ways to solve it im sorry i cannot say which one actualy works as i done all three of these and my quest is now fine. First off i got rid of my mount as i have Mikes mystical mounts installed so i got rid of that incase she was moaning about that ontop of that i also had two ther followers that were on stand by because i have UFO installed so u can have up to smt like 8 followers but i had told them to rest for a while, i went and found them told them 'time to go' or smt like that then told them to go back home. Following this i also then reset chasing echoes by using the setstage DLC1VQ04 10
    After doing this it Worked fine and Serana was happy to travel with me ^.^. Hope this helps :3