• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    Please note the new location for the RPG. Thanks to Renegader for setting it up.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    thank you both Rayven and renegader!

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    I will also suggest breaking the rules out from the character card thread (which I can do if requested... don't want to muck with it if you guys aren't amenable to it) and having the rules sticky as well. If you keep that thread tidy, you'll probably have better luck with people understanding how to go about the in-character stuff. In the forum rpgs I've run, I also had a separate thread for OOC (out of character) commentary and one for "literature" which basically had a transcription of any books, notes and such found by the players. Just let me know if you want things moved/stickied and I'll do my best to accommodate.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    actually that would be a good idea. If you could rayven please move my post with the rules and the post with the story ideas on page 2 of this thread over to a New Rules and Story ideas thread. And possibly have it unstickied for when I need to update rules and such?

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    You should still be able to edit even if it's sticky. We'll test it out when I get it moved over just to make sure.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    1. Thank you Renegader and Rayven
    2. no feel free to move them as you want, more for the operation of our group but if you like them can be used by all. My suggestion would be try to keep a manageable size guys and remember things in a posting like this are episodic, meaning a reply may be instant to days so have patience

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    Do you want me to pull everything that ISN'T a character card out of this thread and put it elsewhere?

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    Name: Drazker

Race: Unknown.

Appearance: Standing at 6'3", the figure of Drazker is a hulking mass of twisted, evil-looking ebony armor. Though Drazker's helm allows eye-holes and an opening for the mouth, nothing can be seen inside, even with the aid of a lantern. Drazker's pauldrons, gauntlets, and head-piece would sport numerous sets of horns, and his cuirass would sport daedric-like carvings with an unnatural red glow emanating from them.

When Drazker removes his helm, there is no telling what will be seen.

Personality: Drazker is an instrument of Sithis. A tool of destruction and chaos. Spawned from The Void, all Drazker cares for is death and appeasing his Dread Father, Sithis. Murder is his only prerogative.

Gorthal

Name: Gorthal

Race: Orc

Class: Shaman (Primarily Destruction with a bit of Alteration and Restoration)

Looks: Gorthal stands at a somewhat lofty six-foot six though he is not a burly brute like many of his kind are said to be. Instead, Gorthal is a slim yet fit figure, covered in a light shade of green skin. He possesses a long braid of unkempt hair from living in the wilds and an equally unkempt beard with both being the color of snow though this is by no means an indicator of his age. Gorthal's face is lined with wrinkles from his convoluted past but they are covered by a purple warpaint design.

Personality/Misc: Gorthal is very patient and is willing to tutor anyone who shows interest in his way of living which mainly consists of a reverence for nature and a near-total disconnection from the gods. Gorthal does not kill animals unless provoked and even then, he'd rather scare off any would-be predators. For food, Gorthal eats anything but meat with fish being the sole exception to his self-imposed rule. Gorthal hates the school of conjuration because he believes it to be against nature to bring in creatures from the planes of oblivion or to raise the dead. He is absolutely fascinated by gems, thinking them one of nature's most beautiful creations but he would never loot from the undead unless necessary.Gorthal is also very inquisitive by nature, devouring thick books in only a few days. Due to his complicated past, Gorthal is wary of other orcs and appreciates city people due to their more open mindset compared to the stronghold orcs. A man who seldom wastes words, Gorthal may appear to be stoic and withdrawn though he will help anyone who asks as long as it does not necessitate an act of evil.

Weapons: An apprentice-level array of destruction spells. Mainly favors fire-based and lightning-based magic.

Armor: A set of novice destruction robes and a hood along with fur boots. Also dons a set of fur armor for colder climates.

hardix

Linkin Park Fan
    Name: Hardix Fleetfoot
    Race: Wood Elf
    Class: Thief
    Looks: Short straight Blonde hair, 5'9, Extremely tanned.
    Personality: Fights when backed into a corner, but will often sneak away and use a Bow.
    Misc: Likes using a bow, or a sword in one hand, shield in other. Master of illusion magic. Dislikes two handed weapons, close combat and horses, preferring to run away silently. Quite rich, owns several houses and runs a minor thieves guild in solitude.

brandon

name: cuppycake(my wife made his name and looks dont judge were doing a husband wife thing.)

race: nord

class:mage

gender male

background: living in cyrodill at the arcane university(timeline might be messed up but whatever) cause his family shunned his magic abilities. wanted to see other countries and new sights. recieved a letter from his wife saying his family was slain by bandits. he was a loyal soldier in the great war killed lots of aldimeri elves.but the group he was travelling with was jumped by the imperials and he was gonna be put to death for some stupidness. now his hatred is split between the bandits and the empire.his magic isnt very strong but he knows lots of destruction and illusion spells. his fav are fire rune/ muffle/ fury/fear and calm. along with sparks/stoneflesh/bound swords and fire bolt for offense.
    looks: 6'0 but also very stocky.only wears the finest of clothes(trying to hid the fact his family are poor and disowned him for his magical abilities).
    personality: preferres not to fight likes to set traps and cause his enemy to fight each other. loyal to friends and now despises the empire due to recent events. is not someone to be messed with. his lust for revenge and hatred for the empire is the only thing keeping him in skyrim. thalmore and imperialls die on site. tries to release any stormcloak prisoner he runs across.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    Name: Count Astros
    Race: Dark Elf
    Class: Hero Warrior (secretly an Assassin)
    Looks: Long, dreadlocked black hair, 6'8, muscular but agile build. Very short beard and vampiric moustache (not quite like profile picture). One eye is red, the other is white. His crystal eye allows him to see perfectly in the dark and through magical barriers.
    Personality: Disguised in the public eye as a figure of great political importance (a thane of every city in Skyrim) and community value (has helped more people than neccessary to achieve thane of Skyrim), but is the undercover ruler of the underworld. Is a very high ranking member of the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, is a werewolf of 'The Circle' and Cannibal cult member. As a grandmaster of speech, Count Astros is naturaly persuasive and nice to talk to, but he will have stolen all your lifes valuables by the end of the conversation.
    Misc: 972 years of age, one of the Volkihar Master vampires (but this is an extremely closely-guarded secret). Has a fortune of nearly 200K built from discreet relationshions with certain traders. Grandmaster of the bow, has 'Spacebow of the Dovahkiin' enchanted with the soul of Emperor Titus Meade II to absorb souls on impact. He's converted Hjerim, his house in Winterhold, into a private museum that displays all of his adventures most prized artefacts. Likes money and black soul gems, hates anything that gets in the way of what he likes. Runs a medium-sized fort in the wilderness where he unites all the outcasts of Imperial civilisation (I have a story about Fort Astros that I add to before an English essay to get my writing going)

EPILOGUE:
    I BEGAN LIFE AS A DUNMER IN THE HOMELAND OF MORROWIND.
    EVEN THEN, I WAS NO ORDINARY CITIZEN, AND SOON FOUND AN INTEREST IN SOUL CAPTURE. MAINLY WITH WHITE SOULS BACK THEN.
    BUT I WAS ALWAYS A THIEF, AND STOLE THE WORTH OF A MOUNTAIN IN GOLD. THE RED MOUNTAIN. WHERE I WAS DESTINED TO DEFEAT DAGOTH UR.
    IN TRAINING, I SWIFTLY ADVANCED TO ARCH MAGE OF MORROWIND. I KNEW ALL THE OLD MAGICKS, LIKE LEVITATE AND LOCK DOOR.
    BUT I HAD SPENT TOO LONG TRAINING AND RAIDNING MINES IN MY SPARE TIME. THE IMPERIAL ORDER OF TAMRIEL WAS SURE TO FIND MY THIEVERY AND PILLAGING DISTURBING. ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL BLACK SOUL TRAP. IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.
    I WENT BACK TO MY HOUSE TO GATHER MY MOST PRECIOUS BELLONGINGS AS SOON AS I HEARD ABOUT AN IMPERIAL INQUISITION INTO THE DEATH OF MORROWINDS DUKE VEDAM DREN IN EBONHEART. I WAS THE ONE WHO WOUND UP ASSASSINATING HIM, SO I’D HAVE TO LAY LOW. FIND A NATIVE CAMP IN THE WILDERNESS AND BEFRIEND THEM.
    IT WAS HARD TO GO INTO HIDING WHEN SO MANY PEOPLE RELY ON MY POTIONS. I AM RENOWNED FOR THE MOST POTENT POTIONS IN ALL OF MORROWIND. AND BEING ONE OF THE FEW MULTI-MILLIONAIRES AS A RESULT.
    THE CAMPS MIGHT NOT KNOW.
    THEY DIDN’T HAVE A CLUE. I FOUND A CLAN WHO CALL THEMSELVES THE AHEMMUSA, THEY HAVE A RICH TRADER SO I CAN CONTINUE WITH ALCHEMY TRADE.
    TO BEFRIEND THEM I MADE PEACE WITH THE ZAINABI TO THE SOUTH. STOPPING A TRIBAL CIVIL WAR WAS QUITE PLEASING TO THEM.
    BUT THEN I TOOK OVER ALD DEADROTH FOR THEM, AS THEIR NEW FORTRESS, AND THEY PRONOUNCED ME THEIR NEREVAR.
    I COULDN’T LAY LOW HERE NOW EITHER. NEREVAR WAS A REINCARNATION OF THEIR LORD OF UNITY. I WAS TO UNITE ALL THE DUNMER OF MORROWIND AGAINST THE INVADING IMPERIALS?
    I CAN THINK OF A RACE WHO WON’T LIKE THAT NEWS.
    I KNEW I WASN’T YET AT FULL POWER. I WOULDN’T BE ABLE TO SURVIVE A CIVIL WAR ALL OVER MORROWIND, HARDLY ANYONE WOULD.
    SO I FLED FROM MORROWIND ENTIRELY.
    COWARDLY YES, BUT THE SMARTEST THING TO DO.
    I COULDN’T LEAVE VVARDENFELL TO THE SOUTH, THAT WAS JUST MORE MORROWIND – EVEN IF I SURVIVED THE SWIM ACROSS THE SEA.
    THE SHORTEST SWIM (FROM MY HOME IN QUAINT CALDERA) WOULD BE FROM HLA OAD TO THE LEFT ARM OF MORROWIND, AND THEN FIND AN INCONSPICUOUS HIDING PLACE IN NORTH-EAST CYRODIIL.
    MAYBE NORTH OF A PLACE I’VE HEARD OF CALLED ‘CHEYDINHAL’. THEY’LL NEVER EXPECT ME TO HIDE IN THE IMPERIAL PROVINCE.
    I’VE BEEN HERE FOR A YEAR NOW. THE ANGER HAS NOT DIED DOWN. THE WAR I STARTED IN MORROWIND HAS ONLY CONVINCED THE NATIVE NORDS OF SKYRIM TO START THEIR OWN WAR, ALSO AGAINST THE IMPERIALS. NOW THEY WANT ME DEAD EVEN MORE.
    I’VE HAD SOME PRECARIOUS DAYS WHEN A BAND OF IMPERIAL SOLDIERS FOUND ME AND DREW THEIR SWORDS ON SIGHT. THEY DRIVE A HARD BARGAIN, BUT I MANAGE TO PAY THEM OFF. 5,000G EACH, TO TEN MEN IS HARD TO SWALLOW. THIS HAPPENED FIVE TIMES. I SWEAR IF I WAS AT FULL POWER, I WOULD JUST LAW WASTE TO THEM.
    I CANT LET ALL MY MONEY GO TO WASTE, PROLONGING THIS MEAGRE CAVE DWELLING. I’M GETTING OUT OF HERE.
    MAYBE I CAN JOIN THE STORMCLOAK REBELLION IN SKYRIM.
    I’VE BEEN CAPTURED AT LAST. NO MORE RUNNING. IF I COULD, I’D TRY TO REBUILD MY HONOR BY JOINING THE IMPERIALS. I NEVER MEANT TO BE THE NEREVARINE HERO OR GO INTO HIDING.
    BUT ALAS, I HAVE NO CHANCE OF REDEMPTION. MY NECKS NEXT FOR THE BLOCK…

rockstar14

Name: James Sorink
    Race: Redguard
    Looks: 5 feet, 11 inches, tan, skinny, has shoulder length brown dreads, has brown eyes and has the beginnings of a beard. He wear a set of leather armor, and frequently has a cloak on.

personality: Has an intense hatred of the Thalmor, and will not hesitate to attack them. He is from the northern part of Hammerfell, and supports the Stormcloaks in their rebellion. He is very courageous, and personable, but he is distrusting of altmer until they prove themselves.

misc: wields an iron sword, and occasionally axe. He comes from a moderately successful merchant family, and so has some money. He was supposed to join this business, before running off to Skyrim, so he knows a lot about bartering and trading.

Static

Name: Lights-Up-Skylines
    Race: Argonian
    Class: Witch-Hunter
    Appearance: Pale white with blue tints on his scutes. Blue eyes, with round pupils, and deep blue feathers at the rear of his head. Muscular, but in a lean, sinewy way - meaning he has a fairly diminutive appearance. Possesses a single scar across just before his left eye, a reminder of a nearly failed hunt. Typically wears unremarkable clothing: a green shirt with a black tunic, black trousers and boots and a black hood (when not in a town) - dons a chain-link shirt with magic-resistant enchantments when he is on a possibly dangerous endeavour.
    Personality: Lights-Up-Skylines is a reserved individual. Born under The Atronach, he showed significant magical ability even as a child, the trait for which he was indoctrinated into the Blackwood company after he was exiled from his clan in Black Marsh for nearly burning down the chief's house (hence the name). Brought up to be a mercenary, he revelled in the lifestyle, if only for the freedom it offered. However, before his first contract, he was poisoned - a vial of magic-poison emptied into the pre-contract Hist-sap. Saved only by his Argonian blood, and magical-prowess, he survived the ordeal with only a dissociative personality to show for it. After several more years in Blackwood Company acting as a witch-hunter - partly due to his star-sign granted magic resistance and partly as it granted him access to books and documents that would help in finding his poisoner - he left the group, buying his way out in order to dedicate more time to finding his poisoner, and to search for answers as to who had tried to kill him and why.
    Misc: Favours using a combination of alteration magic and a home-made sword, a vicious design consisting of a wooden core with serrated, ebony edges down two opposing sides - similar in general appearance to Forsworn-crafted swords. He is somewhat capable with a bow, although is in no way a master of the art, and typically carries a fairly standard wooden bow with him. Occasionally makes use of destruction magic and wards also, although he is fairly amateur in both fields. Outside of combat, he is an avid reader, especially of texts relating to the Aedra and Daedra, and is especially fond of exploring Skyrim's water-ways, feeling more at home in the water than on land.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts