• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    (Most forum roleplays I've experienced function a little differently than that. It's essentially elaborate storytelling between each player. You're in control of your character(s), and your posts simply consist of what they're saying/doing/thinking/feeling/etc. and the story generally forms around that. If you have a general plot idea, it really helps the story along as it forms. Here's a short guide on general free-form roleplaying if you'd want to look into it http://wetpaint.de/rpg/orp/guide.php#interaction. In my experience it always has the potential to be the most fun for everyone, but ultimately it's whichever method you prefer. :))

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    (I've read it over, and decided to keep it close to that format, but with a main goal, and several smaller ones to get to the point of accomplishing the main goal. Or people can do whatever the h*ll they want.)

we ready to start im want to see how this turns out no mean to rush

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Looks great; glad I could help. Anything else you might need, let me know and I'll do my best. :D

Jermeh

(are we allowed to use in-game npc's as our npc's too? such as Eorlund Gray-Mane as a blacksmith... etc?)

Fenrir

*Fwoosh*
    Name: Fenrir Orriksson
    Race: Nord
    Class: Warrior
    Looks: Stands at 6'1'', has long, dark blonde hair, similar colored stubble, amber colored eyes, and is quite muscular. His most prominent feature is a set of four rather large scars that run diagonally across his face.

Personality: Headstrong, loyal, courageous: these are all words that describe Fenrir. He is self-conscious, and tends to stay with his friends, or by himself if no friends are around. Although Fenrir is never looking for a fight, he will almost always join one if the opportunity presents itself, even if it means getting into trouble.
    Likes: Exploring, finding treasure, battle (esp. against dragons), relaxing
    Dislikes: Being told to stay out of a fight, dragons, frost trolls, giants, giant spiders

Weapons: Ancient Nord Sword, Ancient Nord Bow and arrows, Studded Iron Shield
    Armor: Set of Dragonscale armor

Affiliation: Currently independent

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    If no one beats me to it, I may go ahead and make the first post later this afternoon. To keep things from cluttering up, I'll consider creating an alternate thread for my character to begin in. If anyone is interested in "adventuring" with her as a partner/follower or simply wishes to join in please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
    (I hope its not to late for an old Elder Scrolls veteran ;))
    Name: Gandalf...
    (Hey! thats his name! Don't hate me for it!!! I didn't know I was going to join a RPG forum thread when I made my Character. He may look like THE Gandalf but he don't have the same personality!!!)
    Race: Imperal
    Class: Arcane Mage. Little Battlemage.
    Looks: "Profile Picture" lol
    Personality: Old. Thinks a lot. Don't come out often... Cranky. No humor. A little evil sometime. Dont like people.

Like: A good book. Learning new things.
    Dislike: People telling him what to do. When people think they are right when they not. Young people who don't respect there Elder.

Weapon. Staff of Lightning and a Silver Sword.
    Armor: An old brown robe with hood.

Misc: Gandalf is a true Imperial and support the Empire at any cost. When he was born was never really clear but we do know that he was born in Cyrodill. We do know that he is old because he's first appearance was under the Oblivion Crisis when he helped the Champion fight Mahrunes Dagon (He was gray already then). After the battle he disappeared only to come back 50 years later. After that people began to wonder who this stranger was.
    He was brought before the Elder Council for interrogation. What the interrogation came up with never made public but rumors said it the this Gandalf had dealings with Mannimarco The King of Worms. But that rumor was never proved and Gandalf didn't care much.
    He was after some years in the Imperial City offered a seat as one of the Imperial Mages in the Arcane University. I said no to this offer because he said that he didn't have time for other peoples problems.
    After years of living in the Imperial City's Talos Plaza district he left for Skyrim to live as one of the Jarl of Whiterun's advisor for many years. But when the old Jarl died, Gandalf was forced to leave his post because the new Jarl didn't trust mages. After even more years Gandalf lived in the outskirts of Whiterun studying magic Balgruuf became Jarl.
    Now for Gandalf this story begins after that he tries to get his post as advisor back but was turned down. He is now sitting in the Tavern drinking a fine glass of wine in the far end corner.....

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    If no one beats me to it, I may go ahead and make the first post later this afternoon. To keep things from cluttering up, I'll consider creating an alternate thread for my character to begin in. If anyone is interested in "adventuring" with her as a partner/follower or simply wishes to join in please don't hesitate to ask. :)[/quote
    (Can I join you in your adventures there?)

Deondrey

Name: Shaelzabek
    Race: Argonian
    Class: Thief (and part-time Assassin)
    Looks: She stands at about five-foot seven; not very tall, but this is preferential in her line of work. Her scales are muddy brown in color, with a white throat and underside. Her face is marked with highlights of goldenrod-colored scaling, and her prominent, bony eye ridges are a worn ivory. The top of her head is pocked with flecks of white scales, like the peak of a snowy mountain... or a sweet roll. Her eyes are a similar gold color of her facial markings, containing rounded (rather than slit-like) pupils. Her physique is definitely not that of a brute-force fighter, nor is it that of an underfed street beggar.
    shaelzrp.jpg

Personality/Misc: She is incredibly stand-offish, seldom meeting the eyes of passerbys, but this should not be mistaken for a shy personality. When she does look a conversationalist in the eyes, hers are notably cold and calculating. She rarely expresses emotion, and for those who don't know her, she may as well not even have a malleable demeanor. She spends little time dawdling in public locales, although she will take her time in alchemy shops. The rest of her time is either spent alone in her meager dwelling in Riften, doing only the Hist knows what, or she'll be out perusing her birth-given skills as a remorseless thief. Indeed, it seems as if she could meld with the shadows, and when she wants to disappear, it doesn't take her long to do so. It may or may not also be known that, given the right encouragement with a pouch full of shiny gold coins, an unwanted acquaintance of yours can suddenly disappear for good.
    Likes: Shiny things, solitude, collecting alchemy ingredients
    Dislikes: Alcohol and drunken brawls, guards, the talkative types
    Weapons: A sturdy hunting bow with poison-tipped arrows
    Armor: Dark robes when out in public; tight leather armor when thieving, stalking, or otherwise

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
    Name: Echronomicon
    Race: High Elf
    Class: Mage
    Appearance: Very tall, as are all Altmers. Sharp, keen eyes and a florid face. A small beard to make him look old. Some black war paint across the face.
    Misc: Echronomicon is a very quiet person. He enjoys riding about on his horse, exploring the world. Despite all that though, he's very quiet and reserved, and prefers his own company to that of others. He's proven himself a very talented magician, and is not afraid to cast his spells at wandering enemies. An amateur alchemist and enchanter too. Looks at the world with a hopeful outlook, and can be very vindictive when provoked.

Llama

Name: Valmir
    Race: High Elf
    Class: Thalmor Wizardhttp://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thalmor_Wizard
    Appearance: His stature is 6'1 and weighs in at 143lbs. He has slate gray eyes and smooth black hair with a clean face. Valmir wears the dark hooded thalmor robes.
    Personality: Valmir believes like all the Thalmor that he is superior to all races and will do anything to show it. He is also deceitful and has no qualms with torture or death when it comes to those who oppose him.
    Misc: Valmir doesn't like brute force so he heavily relies on magic using his staff of destruction when needed. His person carries a sword only as a last resort. He grew up in a privileged life, so he also has an intolerance for the uneducated and poor as well.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Name: Riz
    Race: Redguard
    Class: Rouge
    Looks: Average height and slender build. Cropped short, black hair and eyes with dark circles and bags beneath them far beyond his years. Unmarked skin free of abrasion and scars. Favours his tatty Jester outfit, has a satchel slung over his shoulder and a flute tucked into his belt.

Personality: Bordering on insane. Riz, in a previous life condsidered the halls of the Bard's guild his home.
    After spending countless hours reading texts from thier vast libarary, his social abilities have slowly dwindled away and replaced by internal chatter.
    Riz's bardic workings became increasingly questionable pushing the boundaries of what he considerered 'creative genius' only to be ill met by the Guild.
    Banished from the guild, Riz wanders Skyrim aimlessly collecting items that are entirely pointless to the "uneducated" (in his opinion) and where possible attempts to talk his way around conflict...
    Dislikes: Cabbage

Weapon: Rusty old iron dagger

(Yep, I think I'm set now too :D)

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    (Ok guys, I have talked ot Rayven about a few things I noticed in these RP threads and have some answers.

The reason your post count is not going up for posts here because Renegader turned it off for this section. All those count to 100 games or corrupted wish and stuff like that would make people's post counts ridiculously high.
    I also talked to her about the RP's getting their own section so be on the lookout for that. that's it everyone, have fun RP'ing.)

Name: The Shaded One (people address her as shade)
    Class: Assassin

Race: Dunmer

Looks: She uses Shrouded Armor, a daedric dagger, and an ebony bow, she rarely ever shows her face so no one knows what it looks like.

Personality: although she is an assassin, she holds high morals and is loyal to the nightmother. When she kills she doesn't do it for the gold she does it for sithis. she doesn't talk much and keeps to herself but she is compassionate and friendly to the ones that she trusts

Misc: she never knew my family, I can only assume that they were fleeing from the argonian army when they overrun Morrowind. she came to skyrim in a merchants cart and was adopted by the Dark Brotherhood who was ordered to ambush that merchant. They taught her everything she knows, and seeing how she didn't have a name and she blended into the corner of the cart they named her The Shaded One.

(so just wondering can I join your story at the bannered mare? I have a good idea for a way to come into the story)

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    The Bannered Mare thread is what we're using as a sort of "starting point" for everyone. It functions for people to introduce their characters, meet and interact, form parties, and get quests. Things like that. The thread is free and open to everyone, so by all means. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts