• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    Before posting your character profile, please review the following information.

In this thread you may post your character's profile for public viewing. This is particularly useful if you plan to use the same character in multiple roleplays. Your profile may be stored here, and you can use the permalink [found by clicking the small, numbered button at the bottom of your post] to link others to the profile.

-Andante
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Sara Nightingblade
    Race: Imperial
    Class: Assassin
    Looks: Short straight black hair, 5'7, caucasian, face looks like me in my avatar picture.
    Personality: nice to her friends, hates anyone she does not know well, despises all forms of authorities, including the Empire and the Storm cloaks, but she will kill for either side for a price. extremely loyal to her friends as well.
    Misc: Likes using a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other. Decently adept with restoration magic. Dislikes two handed weapons. very rich, she has saved much of her money from assassinations.

Jermeh

Name: Dar'Fariil
    Race: Khajiit
    Class: Theif/Assassin
    Looks: 5'7 Dark black fur with light brown stripes. Gentle face, but shows signs of experience.
    Personality: A modest man who has seen quite a bit, tries to be friendly but can also be mean when provoked. He is a hard working person who will so as instructed, unless it's unreasonable or unfair. He has hopes of marrying a nice Khajiit woman someday and starting a family, but is waiting to make somewhat of a fortune beforehand. He is a member of both the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieve's Guild.
    Misc: His weapon of choice is a dagger, though he tries to stay out of combat for the most part. He tries to kill in the most sneaky manner as to not draw attention. He chooses to stay out of the civil war, as he finds both sides have bad morals; although he is especially against the Stormcloaks as they are only harming the stability of Skyrim against the uprising Thalmor threat.

Can't wait to see how this turns out! :D

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    BruynzeelSig.png
    Race: Khajiit / Ka Po'Tun
    Player type:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    standalone
    317.jpg
    standalone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swordsman, Bard/Rogue (Lockpicking and traps but not a thief) Sings like Johnny Cash. But plays a really good flute, and has been known to pluck a decent tune on a lute.
    Looks:
    Siberian tiger like with purple eyes, light build and graceful, with a light step.
    Bio:
    • Runaway prince of a Elswyerian tribe of nomads.
    • Has a fortune in money, but was at a loss for friends. As he's been running from responsibilities a lot of his life.
    • A natural leader but afraid of governmental responsibilities
    • Loves to adventure and loyal to his friends, only in it for the glory and honor of his group. Has been a spy for the blades since they began.
    • Honorable in his dealings, with all levels of society
    • Bit of a nihilist in politics doesn't care about either the Empire or the Rebellion. Dislikes and distrusts the Thalmor
    • His velvet tongue is music to a merchants ear and he travels under the cover of being a bard. Over time that became more than a cover, its a second life for him
    Combat prefs:
    • Light restoration magic
    • Heavy into stealth
    • Expert Bowman with a custom bow enchanted with Stamina Drain and Stamina steal.
    • A skilled swordsman that uses a Akaveri Kantana with stamina drain and stamina steal
    Preferences/Skills
    • Custom Blades Style but leather armor for its lightness, ease of movement
    • Skilled like no other in Enchantments and Smithing.
    • A great cook because of a stint as a chef.
    • Very well read, Loves books and any info he can find he absorbs like cream to a kitten. Actually can be heard to purr while reading.
    Born in another age, Older brother to Maiq, gifted/cursed with long life, He can be killed he has just managed never to die. In his long life has lived and done almost everything, spending sometimes decades perfecting one skill before moving on. Experienced life and death, Loss and gain. And in his personal motivations he wishes for connection to others but realizes that in any relationship that their time together will be temporary so he is hesitant but hopeful. His loves are his skill with forge and cooking. There is not much in life that Bruynzeel has not done or experienced, he is extremely well read and has a memory of almost every moment he has lived which is both a benefit and a curse. The benefit being in skills he always knows, the curse in friends and companions lost, are in his mind like it was yesterday. This power of long life is granted to him by a cursed music box that he thinks is actually helping to do something else.

Bruynzeel the real history behind the history:--------------------------------------------------

I have been a gamer since 1978 when arcades were in their start-up, and then heyday, then decline in my lifetime playing them.
    All the while computers were becoming available to the home user. But I remember weekends spent with my grandfather punching cards and stacking "stacks" of those cards. With that I was hooked I have programmed in Basic, ADA, Fortran, and Pascal... a fair knowledge of newer languages.

My Father in 1979 came home with a Timex Sinclair 1000. Something like 8k memory with a 200.00 option for a additional 8k module. Tape drive... by that I mean a audio tape drive... take about 1 hour to load a program. But that first computer was a gateway drug to my tech addiction. I played Frogger on it in black and white. Then other computers I got other games. Oregon trail, SimCity, Doom, Marathon, Diablo, Balders Gate, and my first TES game Daggerfall.
    Which is where Bruynzeel was born. I have played him as a character in every Elder Scroll game since, in one form or another. Hence the reason I pay homage to him and how he has grown since those early pixelated days.

Edited 10/1/2012

Jermeh

Bruyn'zeel
    Male Khajiit
    Archer, Bard/Rogue (Lockpicking and traps but not a thief) Loves to tell stories of his groups adventures. Not a good singer.
    Looks Siberian tiger like with blue eyes, light build and graceful, with a light step.
    a runaway prince of a Elswyerian tribe of nomads. Loyal to his friends and Honorable in his dealings, Bit of a nihlist in politics doesn't care about either the Empire or the Rebellion. only in for the glory and honor of his group of companions. His velvet tongue is music to a merchants ear.
    Likes a bow preferably enchanted with stamina drain or steal, lite restoration magic and heavy into stealth.
    Prefers leather armors for their camoflage colorings and quietness.

Didn't know if you realized this... But Khajiit names actually have prefixes they use. You might wanna check this out if you wanna have an accurate roleplay character. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Khajiit_Names

Shew

appreciate that its intentionally left off cause he is a runaway, hiding from his families responsibilites to adventure. though it should be Dar or Ri though I probably could put Qa

Shew

My internet has started acting up cause of weather here so I am off til about noon tomorrow maybe we can pick this up tomorrow evening sometime?

Shew

here!

Name: Dalsaf Morr
    Race: Dark Elf
    Class: Mage/Archer/Assassin
    Looks: 6'0 Tall worn face from Battle Scars
    Personality: Kills the Enemy and Contracts but will kill you if you provoke him but Helps Whenever He can. Ran away from a Morrowind orphanage as a young mer of 11 years of age now he is in Skyrim after traveling around tamriel since then
    Misc/Story: Uses A bow his father had crafted for him when he was 8 and a spell his mother taught him which she called the Ancestor Fire which deals massive damage to anyone who comes in its path. Kills with Sneakiness that he learned hunting in the forests of morrowind with his father. His parents died after they were charged with poaching and dark magic which the imperials punished by locking his parents in their home and burn a slow painful death while dalsaf was out exploring the woods when he returned the imperials were still there and dragged him off to the orphanage ever since then he has a strong hatred of imperials. Member of the Dark Brotherhood and College of winterhold

ready to go

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Name: Andante

Race: Bosmer

Class: Small-Arms Expert [Dual-Wield]/Archer.

Weapons: Håkon and Renonna; Ebony swords.
    Ylva; Ebony dagger.
    La'fash; Ebony bow.

Skills: Alchemy, Enchanting, Small Weapon/Light Armor Smithing, Scholar

Looks:

dante.jpg
    Short in stature at 5' 2" and quite stocky in build, especially for the typically lean and agile Wood Elf. Her eyes are dark honey colour, with dark, medium length hair with a seemingly violet hue in some light. Though young, a hard-pressed lifestyle and wealth of experience has given her an expression of greater age.

Biography: Andante has no conscious memory of her parents or a family, or how she, as a Bosmer, managed to find herself in a place like Skyrim; only that it is the only home she has ever known. Her earliest memories are of wandering and uncertainty, especially in the frigid and unforgiving far north. At some point in her childhood, of which her memory is quite unclear, she was taken in by an old Nord man, Brynjarr, a blind widower who lived alone in the small, quiet village of Dawnstar. He was kindly enough, but fiercely proud of his heritage, and quite wary of outsiders in his home of Skyrim. Though she knew no better of herself, she always felt different than her so called adoptive father, but never confronted him directly, lest his heart turn against her. It was Brynjarr who gave her the name "Andante", as he always found it curiously amusing that even though his blindness had left his hearing very acute, he never could really tell when she was nearby. It was the only name she had ever known herself to have, and has kept it since. After Brynjarr's death, she took back to wandering, making her living collecting small bounties as she passed through various holds. Though she has kept his home in Dawnstar as her own, she has taken to resting in Whiterun, primarily, and doesn't travel as much as she would like, anymore.

Personality: A life lived apart from any fellow Bosmer kin has given her a quiet and cooler outer demeanor with most people, though beneath she bears a certain vulnerability that leaves her likable enough, after a time. Because she did not grow up practicing them, she bears little concern for Wood Elf traditions and customs, and usually disregards any sort of Divine veneration or worship. She is fiercely modest, and rooted in her own morality.

Misc: She is a self-educated Scholar of sorts, and finds her best company amongst literature. As such she bears a certain dislike for the uneducated. She has a substantial porfolio of her own creative works but prefers not to share them with others.
    When provoked, her favorite weapons tend to be either a bow, or a sword for each hand. She dislikes heavy armor, and prefers light robes whenever possible.

Lemviticus

Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to this!

Name: Signy
    Race: Nord
    Class: Warrior (One-handed Battle Axe)
    Appearence: Short, unkempt brown hair. Pale blue eyes. Stands about 5'6 in height, with a stocky stature. Has wide shoulders and strong legs, doesn't care much for her feminine appearence. Wears mostly furs and casual tunics when not in battle, but when going adventuring replaces these for the Stormcloak Cuiress paired with fur boots, fur gauntlets and a Horned Iron Helm. Is never seen without an Amulet of Talos hung around her neck.

Personality: Hot-headed, aggressive and easily provoked, Signy's heart lies on the battlefield. Her love for bloodshed has earned her a simple soldier's post within the Stormcloaks, towards whom she is fiercely loyal. Amongst friends, she is more passive, and enjoys a drink or two with her comrades. Amongst strangers, however, she is untrusting, insulting and generally ignorant of their presence. Although a stereotypical warrior, Signy does take a quiet interest in the Dragon Lore.
    Misc/History: Rides a Windhelm Horse called Faxi. Some say she is more loyal to the horse than she is to her friends.

I think I'm all set! :)

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
    Name: Michael
    Race: Imperial
    Class: Mage
    Looks: 5'11
    Reiji3.png

Personality: Quiet, kind, and conscientious. He can be depended on to follow through. Usually puts the needs of others above his own. His years of solitude have made him extremely perceptive to other's feelings.

Misc: Michael was abandoned by his parents at birth for being born with white hair and a red left eye. His parents took it as an omen and left him in an alley. A passing Dunmer refugee picked him up and took him in as his son. Michael's new father gave him a tattoo at an early age under his unusual eye, so that he could not hide it, but show it with pride.

Adept at both Conjuration and Destruction. His favorite weapons are Dual Conjured Swords and Ice spells.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    (Yay, looks like we're ready to go, I apologize for not starting this earlier, I accidently clicked un-watch thread, so I didn't get updates on this so...... yeah. Now we can start. I think we should start out in a tavern in Whiterun? Seems to be one of the most neutral and large cities in the game. Also a central location, making it a logical starting place.)

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    (Sounds like a plan to me. I meant to ask earlier, are we keeping things primarily freeform?)

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    (By freeform, I mean, characters primarily manage themselves. Most events can be settled between two characters. Essentially not every move a character makes must be moderated, only the bigger things. :p)

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    (Yes, of course, but how would one organise a story, here? I ask because I'm not sure if I should make up some events that would bring all out characters together, or....? I am sadly not as an experienced RP'er as I would like.)

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    (It would probably be best to just get a general consensus on where each player would like their characters to start. A good way of keeping things organized might be having one thread that represents a location, and all actions happening there should be posted in it. Like you suggested, there could be a thread titled "The Bannered Mare", the tavern in Whiterun, and characters can post there as they visit and interact with others. It would probably be best to start small, and in one location like that to get things started. :))

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    ( I have started reading up on RP's in general, like Dungeons and dragons and stuff like that. They have something galled a Game Master, who kind of sets the story for the whole thing. I will take the role of game Master, and will play my Sara character, when I can. >.<)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts