1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

Open Character motivation.

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Yingvar war wolf, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Yingvar war wolf

Ok I have a dark elf assassin. Who just rebuilt the dawnstar sanctuary after the raid on the falkreath sanctuary (So sad lol) It is my first time playing the dark brotherhood. I want to do the main quests with him. But the thing is he is kind of not a typical hero as you can expect from an assassin. I know I can create a different warrior and play the main quest while keeping the assassin as a side character or something. But I love this character, Id like to find some sort of motivation as to why an assassin would want to save the world.

Im thinking maybe he helps the jarl of whiterun in case he needs a favor or gets caught killing someone in whiterun, But realized the power of being the dragonborn that HE can wield making him a more fierce foe. But maybe he realizes how serious these dragons are and wants to put a stop to them.

Ive never finished the main quests never found the right character that could get past lvl 15. (well one khajiit archer got to lvl 20 but got OP and stale RP)

Can any one help me out.

2. Specter of Death

Specter of Death Long-Dead Member

My immediate first thought was your character wishing to avoid the doom of the world. His/her livelihood would be in imminent danger, because the world eater has returned. I'd think because of this, he'd have the motivation and no choice but to help rise to the cause with all he can to protect what he has just built. I could see him and Nazir plotting some clever assassinations during your missions in the main quest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Specter of Death

Specter of Death Long-Dead Member

Perhaps he goes to Dawnstar first (roleplaying) and overhears some hushed and frightened conversation about how the dragons are flying around, and how Whiterun is the only one seeing sightings and causing a panic. So he'd go to whiterun, curious to see a dragon. No dragons, however, even more panic and fear. Fear makes people foolish, perfect fuel for an assassin to do work. Perfect opportunity to get some work done for the shadows, while also serving the light.

I.E because the whole sanctuary and world is gonna die, he feels he has no choice but to at least try to be of aid and learn more. And it's also the perfect cover for somebody with unique contracts along the way. 2 birds, 1 stone. Just my thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Yingvar war wolf

Your both ideas are great I think I'll use them. Thanks.