PC Character Keeps Walking During Helgen Sequence

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SeanNorm

So as my character climbs out of the cart in Helgen right at the start of the game he/she doesn't stop walking. Even while creating character the walking animation continues (making it difficult might I add). After creation character walks and stops right in front of the chopping block preventing the first Stormcloak from ever getting executed and thus not allowing the cinematic to continue!

Please Help! My saves bugged and are all gone and I cannot start playing while this continues! :|

P.S
Game is fairly heavily modded, mostly popular mods from The Nexus. None that alter animations or cinematic's that I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks in Advance! =D

SeanNorm

Thanks anyway anyone who see's this but I bypassed it.

Had to de-activate all my plugins, create my character then as soon as I could move around save, exit, re-activate all the mods/plugins, load up. Good as if it hadn't ever happened! :D

Still, if someone does see this and has a better solution would still love to hear about it! :D

Sundiver

One way around it is to use the Kill Console command (click on the npc you want to die and type kill and hit enter) on the storm cloak prisoner that was supposed to go to the chopping block first. If you look to the right while your at the chopping block He's the one with red hair, 2nd in line from the left. Once he's dead, you'll hear the guard order your character to the block, their will be a delay for when that animation should have happened and the Dragon will appear and things should resume normally at that point.

I haven't tried disabling the AP Skyrim mod... how did that get installed anyway! lol

Red Rooster

Made an account JUST for this thread. your a gent for going on to give the answer after you solved it yourself. haha and its funny to find out which ones causing the issue

Sundiver

Ha Ha! Yeah, I knew the game script was waiting for something to happen at the chopping block and that my character was in his place. Put 2 + 2 together and wallah, taking out the stormcloak worked.

Greatmido

Im having the same issue but with my character, I get stuck walking in place at the chopping block and cant move. Sometimes I get passed it but then it happens again after when Alduin attacks. Can anyone help?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts