1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC Chains of the Galaxy (Closed)

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by EpicVakarian, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Simus

Simus An Excellent Site Member

Spirits I love this game. Now that the Reapers are actually here everyone's kissing my arse and begging me to save them. :D. The Alliance did a great job cleaning up the Normandy and I like Kelly Traynor. Seeing the part where EDI gets her new body was hilarious and she's turned into a good squadmate. She's also inspired some of Joker's best lines yet. You guys remember when he's asking Mordin about "positioning" between him and EDI? Ken and Gabby also have some good lines. I'm glad I rescued them. They're both panting after EDI :D "EDI could bump into a wall with those. I wish I was a wall." "You pretty much are Kenneth."

Also, the DLC's are awesome. They cost $45+ but they were totally worth it. I have a new squad member, Javik. I found him on an Eden Prime mission (DLC: From Ashes) and he's a Prothean! A real live Prothean! Joker's response was awesome. "So we have a real live Prothean on board. Has Liara stopped bouncing yet? I'm sure there was some bouncing." Javik's pretty badass but from what he's told us the Protheans were pretty big dicks. More in common with the Krogan than anyone else.

Javik: You Turians have impressive knowledge of war. You would have been a good addition to the Empire.
    Garrus: You mean as a slave race?
    Javik: As a subservient race.
    Garrus: Riiiight, because calling it that makes all the difference.

I'm doing Omega now and it's pretty fun so far. Drawn out over several missions. Leviethan's been a cool mystery also spread out over several missions I'm still in the middle of and the Citidel's soooooooo much better than in Mass Effect 2. Lots of stuff to do, new stores, new side quests and the seem to release the DLC stuff in scattered, easy doses rather than all at once. I love it.

Have you guys done anything with multiplayer by the way? I'm having fun collecting War Assets and according to the Wiki I can collect enough to get the best ending without multiplayer but I'd like to get my Galaxy at War readiness up. Seems appropriate given the situation, plus the achievement. I just don't want to have to play Call of Duty dressed as Mass Effect 3 in order to do it.

2. Wolfbane

Wolfbane Why change the past when you can own this day?

I really enjoy the multiplayer. It's quite fun, and I love that it's co-op, and not versus.

3. Simus

Good. I dabbled in it the other day but lost my EA connection and didn't feel like troubleshooting it.

4. Simus

5. Wolfbane

I'll post ASAP.

6. EpicVakarian

EpicVakarian Calibration-Master General

I think this is one of the few RPs that I don't urgently need to post in right now.

7. Simus

I'm in the final stretch of ME3 and I'm worried about the ending. I've seen enough thumbnails of YouTube videos that say the ending sucks. As in "lol everybody dies fluff you we're Boiware and we don't care about this game anymore." I'm sure it's exaggerated but I'm wary of it. I also heard that you get the same ending with 0 war assets as you do with 8000+ war assets. I hope that's not true. That would be like the human reaper killing your whole crew and all your team members when you've done all their loyalty missions and gotten all the upgrades: complete bullplops.

8. Wolfbane

The extended cut DLC really helps with the ending, if you have it. I'll get a post up ASAP

9. Simus

I do. I spent at least fifty dollars on DLC's for just this game. I'm a Boiware whore and it was totally worth it. Javik is the man.

10. Wolfbane

Then the ending doesn't suck as much as the original. I love the extended cut, and work for getting the assets at the best value just for the ending lol

11. EpicVakarian

The term is EA whore. Bioware didn't put out a million DLCs, EA did. Just like they always do.

12. Wolfbane

This is true haha. EA is a money whore to a T.

13. Simus

Nice. Right now I'm at 4000+ and chances of success are even. If I do multiplayer and get readiness to 100% it will probably go up to "Chances of success are so good that Hackett and Anderson have got this. Go take a nap Shepard."

14. Simus

In this particular case, that changes nothing :D N7 TYPHOOOOOOOOON!

15. Andre Marek

Andre Marek You can run, but you'll only die tired...

Honestly, I didn't mind the ending. I don't want to spoil it for Simus so I won't way much but I thought it was a fairly suitable way to tie up such an epic trilogy.

16. Simus

Hmm...apparently there's a Mass Effect 4 in the works. I glanced at an article about it wich, unfortunately, completely spoils all 3 games. I didn't read more than a few words and nothing incriminating on ME3 but the bit I ran across is foreboding.

"BioWare was sharply criticized for Mass Effect 3. Both because it felt rushed and for ending on a sour, nihilistic note. Destroying most of the universe..."

I stopped reading there but it doesn't sound optimistic. I'm getting a tone that says "don't bother playing this game because there's no point. Everybody does and nothing you do is worth it." Now that's got to be gross exaggeration. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Yes, I know, this is just a game but it's been pu-pu'd enough to where it's taken some of the fun out of it.

17. EpicVakarian

Its a reasonable ending. Not brilliant but not as bad as they're making it out to be. Things like Modern Warfare 3; that has a crap ending. "Oh. He's dead now. Guess we're done."

Yeah, Mass Effect 4 incoming. No-one really knows what it'll be, because all that's been shown is a few teaser pictures of Bioware staff on PCs with a little glance of a turian face.

18. Simus

Ah, interesting. That's good to hear about the ending, sounds like what I expect. The internet seems to have a way of pulling a big turd out of everything lol.

19. Andre Marek

Andre Marek You can run, but you'll only die tired...

So, are we all going to skip to the morning now? Or maybe the next afternoon at least, since we are meeting in a bar.

20. Simus

Well, I'm done. I've finished Mass Effect 3 and I have to say the Extended Cut was the ending's saving grace. Without it you have an ending with enough plot holes to make every BioWare fan start a riot at EA headquarters, drag out the entire design team and beat them to death. That attitude is culminated here:

It made me see why people were so upset by it. The Internet took it way too far and I was captivated enough to where I didn't mind the bare bones ending but after going over all the points I realized that Shepard didn't save anyone. The relays are destroyed and the galaxy is irreparably broken. The fleet is stranded and they're all going to kill each other or die out. This game sucks and I'm going to find every member of the design team and kill them.

But wait! if you look carefully you can see that the relays didn't explode. Their cores just burnt out and the inner rings flew apart. The larger structure is very intact. And with two out of three endings THE REAPERS NOT ONLY LEAVE EARTH IN PEACE BUT ARE AROUND TO FIX THE RELAYS THAT THEY BUILT IN THE FIRST PLACE. This is reinforced in the extended cut endings, which I found very satisfying. The Destroy ending still wouldn't work because we don't know how to rebuild the relays but I thought the Synthesis ending was an absolutely epic way to end things. After watching the Control ending on YouTube I felt it was even better.

Had my game files not mysteriously disappeared I'd go back and do the Control ending. Everyone stays as they are, the Reapers rebuild the relays and the Citadel and Shepard becomes an omnipotent god machine. This I found very satisfying. The endings are almost identical to the choices in Deus Ex but that's not important.

So, now that I've seen it all, what did you guys think?