Caravanners of Elsweyr - Khajiit Caravan Guild

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Roq'ja

High Value Target of the Dark Brotherhood
A question about ESO, will we be able to use magicka beyond the use of staffs? And how will Illusion be implemented into an MMO, if at all?

It looks like, for the most part, Sorcerers will be in control of most destruction and conjuration magic. Dragonknights will be more physical prowess with some magic. Templars will be restorative magic. And Nightblades will be more illusion based.

While nothing is set in stone yet, and the fact that the magic system hasnt been fully explained yet, you can find more information on the Nightblade class here.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I am really hating this. I feel the game would be better if they just took the classes out of the game and gave us skills to choose from. *Sigh* I'll live. If they would just put in a shadow mage class my life would be a lot easier. Ah well, I suppose it's actually a lot more customizable than it seems (to me) at the moment.

AS88

Staff member
I am really hating this. I feel the game would be better if they just took the classes out of the game and gave us skills to choose from. *Sigh* I'll live. If they would just put in a shadow mage class my life would be a lot easier. Ah well, I suppose it's actually a lot more customizable than it seems (to me) at the moment.

Yeah, so far the developers seem adamant that the class system is only a starting point. I'm sure there'll be a way to create the character you want, it just might take some research on skill lines, etc first :)

Roq'ja

Everyone be sure to welcome Setsunax to the Caravan on the Caravan site!

Roq'ja

Everyone be sure to join us on Tamriel Foundry, remember, the more numbers we have, the more likely people will join us. People find that joining a larger, more secure guild will lead to great success, rather than having the guild collapse on launch day. You can find our guild on Tamriel Foundry here.

Roq'ja

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Just wanted to show all non-admin that I'm still alive...

Carry on.

jarif

If anyone doesn't mind. I'm gonna take a break from the forums a bit. Checking for new alerts is a bit unhealthy :D

Roq'ja

Is it me? Or did like, half of the conversation we just had get sent to Oblivion?

Long story short, we've been featured on Shoddycast! Check it out!
37:44

Now then, who would like to donate $10 dollars this week? If I recall, I think Dradin had offered, awesome!
Tora, I hope life isn't too big of a b1tch to you, if so, you just go ahead and slap the sh1t out of life!
AS88, you keep being awesome like you are, my friend.
Jarif, you keep at doing what you're doing, it's working great.
Majir'dar, you keep writing those books, because you are the best at it!

Lets focus on increasing our member roster and keep on garnering support. Tamriel Foundry looks like one of our biggest hubs to drive attention to the Caravan, but Shoddycast will really drive it home!

Great work Caravanners of Elsweyr, lets keep it up!

Roq'ja

And! as a bonus, its already gotten us a new member!

Roq'ja

Skip To 37:47

Yep, really glad we could get that up! Really excited for next week! I'm hoping we can get another $10 donation to them so we are announced again.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Wow, look at everything I missed :eek: Sometimes this thread sends me alerts, sometimes it doesn't. Oy vey.

AS88

Staff member
"That's how it's done, guys."

ermahgerd_d_060612023823.jpg

Roq'ja

Ri'Karav feels his pocket 10 septims lighter. An interesting exchange, this Shoddycast provides.
Roq'ja commends this wise use of septims

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
I will donate either tonight, or tomorrow night. Is anyone in opposition?

jarif

Written By AS88. Edited by Jarif​
Tales Of The Crimson Desert Walker
Finale Season: S'bar - Prologue & Epilogue.
********************​
S’kaajo’s story begins with his father, S’bar. A travelling mercenary and a well-known thief. Few would even say his skills were ''feather'' in some ancient recordings and few actually knew S’bar’s true identity when they met him, else he would have likely found himself in more trouble than he did already. After being ran out of Elsweyr for plaguing the nobles of the country’s ancient cities, S’bar sought the only other sands he knew, Hammerfell. Being an Ohmes-raht, S’bar was able to seamlessly integrate himself into the busy markets of Hammerfell, with a traditional scarf shielding his face from the harsh winds and miniature sandstorms that sprung up at a moment’s notice but wore a mysterious hood that would seem in most eyes scorched black ebony with strange markings on them, his eyes strangely glimmer light within the shadows of his hood.
It was in these Hammerfell desert streets that he made his living, working for whoever offered the most coin in return for secrets, gems, people’s locations, anything. There was nothing unobtainable for ‘the hooded cat,’ until that one job which almost cost him his life.

Word had spread around the crags and crannies of Skaven that there were Aldmeri agents roaming around the city, hidden in plain sight. One of S’bar’s contacts had got in touch, to tell him about a client he had refused on a particular job. As the Khajiit listened to the Redguard in the dark, dusty corner of the tavern, the pair hatched a plan on how to get a hold of a very special item, an Aldmeri diamond, engraved with the sigil of the Aldmeri royal court, and how S’bar was the only one able to track down the item’s owner and retrieve it. The deal was done, and the Khajiit had left the tavern before the pair had even discussed pay as he slinked out into the night.

Soon enough he found the agent he suspected to be carrying the diamond, supposedly expecting to present it to a reclusive Hammerfell noble. S’bar tracked the elf back to an unassuming little guesthouse, mounted high on the rocks near the edge of the city. Following the elf through one room, two, and out again into a small, cramped alleyway. The Khajiit noticed the change in the air immediately.

“Put your daggers down, S’bar, all of them.”

S’bar looked up to see his friend stood on a small walkway above the alley, flanked by a pair of Redguard guardsmen.

“There was no diamond, friend. Know that they paid me handsomely for your capture. It seems I was the only one this side of Corinthe who knew who you really are, ‘hooded cat.’”

The guardsmen took a step forward as S’bar unsheathed two of his sliver midnight daggers.

“It took me weeks to get the rumor going about the Aldmeri, friend. The sort of heist you’d be proud of, and the ultimate prize.”

On this day, the crows spiraled like black flames with their roaring screams that sat on a statue that gestured darkness. On this day, their were ''feathers''.
Book: '''forged midnight. The tattered armor bore a crest of some sort, the symbol of a bird embracing a circle of undetailed''.

The night was colder than Dar’Jina had expected, winter in Dragonstar felt more like Skyrim than it did the Alik’r. Nevertheless, her furs and hood kept her warm and unseen as she made her way into the guildhouse via the unguarded side entrance, usually only used by cooks and cleaners, and near invisible to the untrained eye.

Slipping through the shadows, she avoided the eyeline of the guards as they patrolled the main corridors and archways. Dar’Jina spent what felt like an age studying the movements of the guardsmen, intricate tilts of their heads and craning of necks, but most importantly their steadfast routine. She picked the lock and entered the treasure room.

Closing the door slowly and quietly, Dar’Jina almost wasted all of her work as she stifled a curse. Sitting there on an empty chest was another thief, hidden by a black hood which covered his face. He removed the hood, and the scarred face spoke through a wide krin.

“You’re a little late, pretty one.”

She scowled and trudged across the room, still silent.

“How did you get in here, Khajiit set off at the same time?!”

The words were no more than whispers, but were filled with a palpable mix of confounded fury and admiration, how did this Ohmes-raht beat her to yet another treasure room?! The Ohmes-raht tilted his head up, and Dar’Jina sighed. The smug-looking winner spoke softly, with an unusual accent of Corinthe and Hammerfell forged together.

“The window was unlocked, my dear. I do not think they expected one as agile as S’bar. We need to hurry; the deal for our safe passage is off unless we bring the count his gems before sunrise.”

The pair came together and kissed, S’bar placing a warm hand on Dar’Jina’s stomach as he thought about their family to come and how much he hoped for their safety, and how he hoped that his past would not come to haunt them. They quickly filled their pouches with sapphires and rubies, and climbed through the window and out into a chilly Dragonstar.

Years later..
(WATCH WITH MUSIC KEEP REPEATING)

Our Khajiit, our Khajiit, claims a warrior's heart.
I tell you, I tell you, the Desert walker comes.
Believe, believe.
For the night has passed, and mornings go.

Remember you are the sun.

The faint scars on his shoulder pulled slightly as he lifted his shield onto his back, providing a welcome relief from the sun beating down on the back of his neck. S’kaajo was in dire need of water, but the men hunting him had plenty, and would not stop until they got their man. From north to south, S’kaajo had crossed the Alik’r desert alone, running from band after band of mercenaries hunting the only remaining son of ‘the hooded cat.’ As he continued to stagger south, he thought of the last group he had slain. S'kaajo thinks deeply, since he was a child, he faced many blood of his family; the war and the plague. At a young he learned to kill and survive. Abandoned. Not truly knowingly what it means to ''love'' or feel compassion as his most of friends died, the people of the desert would mock him and spat him. Calling him a demon among the sand for his heritage or birth. When ever he did make friends, they would either die from the plague or leave him, the only way he would have to survive is to steal and starve.

S'kaago lifts his moon shining amulet, he opened it and it contained empty embedded memories of his mother.

The voices emerged and became louder and louder just as his heart viciously roared.
''S'kaago, you be a good cub, mommies guests are taking her to a nice place far way, okay''

''Mother? Mother?? Where is this one going? No. NOOOOOO''
*White Flash*
That day she disappeared. It started to rain with sorrow. He rained. He tightened his grip to the amulet. The amulet itself wasn't special but kept him going, walking the deserts. After all, he was born in the grain of crimson sands. As he tightened his grip, he had tears as cold as Skyrim itself and asked himself ''Why? Why Khajiit? Everywhere Khajiit goes, they reject him... and when he they don't, they end up spilling blood. The plague. The war and S'kaajos father. S'kaajo wants to die. He is nothing but trash in this world.
The Khajiit's ears startled. Anger brewed with sorrow.

--

“Stop there, Khajiit! There’s a mighty price on your head, enough to make all five of us rich men indeed. Come quietly, son of ‘the hooded cat,’ or you’ll earn yourself the same fate as your father.”

''WHAT DOES ONE WANT WITH KHAJIIT!? GO AWAY. LEAVE HIM ALONE. ALL I WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE. WHY CANT!?... WHAT HAVE HAS HE DONE TO DESERVE? DOES THIS ONE NOT EQUAL KHAJIIT WELL? WHY DOES NO ONE.... love Khajiit...''

Out of anger, S'kaajo wanted it the cycle to end, in anger he faced the Redguard with eyes that expressed the torment in his eys.
''If this one wants to hunt down son of the hooded cat than come at him.''
--
Blood shattered. S'kaajo continuous to walks the desert with blood.

He himself is not powerful but he is driven. Anger? Sorrow? Or to search for love and the warmth?
The storm and rain keeps crackling down his throat.
--
The men had fought bravely, yet S’kaajo had expected nothing less of any of the Redguards sent from the north, or any of the Orcs, or even the Bretons but slowly tilted his head to the rain, the rain bathed in his blooded face, his eyes filled with emptiness as he teared both blood and the heavens.

''What have I done, to.. deserve this?''.
--
His shield and narrow sabre had both tasted much blood to get this far, and S’kaajo expected they would taste more before he reached Rihad and the boat which waited for him there. Rii'jad. His father had not only made enemies, after all.

--

The voyage to his father’s homeland was long enough for S’kaajo to satiate his thirst, barely, and regain some strength, but he was nothing of the swift and strong Khajiit he had been before his deadly game of cat and mouse, in which he was the mouse.

Upon docking at Torval, S’kaajo’s heart sank For what he expected would be a warm, friendly place was a desolate wasteland of the desperately ill and what was left of the scum of the city. He fought another Khajiit to the death for a bottle of clean water and a meal.

--
He had camped that for a couple of days, during that time, Rii'jad died due to the plague that scorthed the flames of Elsywer. The young khajiit denied, refusing to believe the only person closest a friend was going to die right before his eyes. Another. Another. Another. How many more before his heart till it would tear, twistedly?

--
The Khajiit, tried and tried to find some sort of cure or potion, exploring even the vast lans of extreme conditions of the sand even if it meant to rip his own skin.

It was till three weeks Rii'jad was in his death bed to die, the Khajiit had forgotten emotions by than after giving up hope of saving his friend, he was empty to the core but the least he could do was bed flowers till he last moments in peace and weep in graciously towards him.

--
It was time for the Khajiit leave. In his own eyes, he was nothing more than a tool for his existed, he was nothing but a damaged shell. Do forth he headed north, skirting the border with Valenwood, fervently clinging to the hope of being able to find somewhere safe to stay in Elsweyr.

It was no use, the disease had spread like a sandstorm and had swept almost the entire province, and so S’kaajo did what he thought he would never do, and headed back towards Hammerfell into Valenwood. Days upon days passed, as he cut down numerous bandits and madmen seeking to escape the Flu by any means necessary. He had almost given up hope when he remebered that reminded him of everything he lived for –

''Our Khajiit, our Khajiit, had a warriors heart...'' he sang - the memory of his father. Though he was a terrible singer, he had a glimmer of desperateness to sustain himself.

Months and months of passed till the Khajiit fell on his knee, the dire need of survival, he had grown weak, and in his mercy the Aldermi dominion had arrived.

Was this a sign of hope? Would his sorrows end now after a long time of war and death that surrounded him like he the plague himself?
After all they established a alliance with Khajiit. Sadly in their eyes, they saw a abomination that they could spat over. No pity or remorse. Some of them had pity over him but they thought it was best for him to be a means to and end.The son of the hooded cat needed to end so it can break the chain of others surviving. If he had continued to live than people would continue to hunt down the son of the hooded cat.

They said to the S'kaago that it was time for him to pay for his blood for countless others. S'kaago was happy and relieved. His tears flooded the sands them selves. He wanted to die for a long time, hoping to find love but accepted he will never find it. They told him, they were going to execute him. Father like son. Son watching his own father die before him and now his own father can watch him die before him.

Years passed. S'kaajo had been abandoned. Even in his last final hours, he would be forgotten. S'kaajo sat down; in his journal, he wrote -

"When Khajiit was a young man, he had liberty, but did not see it. S'kaajo had time, but did not know it. And he had love, but did not feel it. Many years would pass before he understood the meaning of all three. And now, the twilight of his own life, this understanding has passed into contentment and feel honor.

Love, liberty, and time: once so disposable, are the fuels that drive Khajiit forward. And love even if he will never truly get to feel them, For now, this one is nothing but a empty soul. Most especially never give up in finding them, just like S'kaajo did and he will never will. If someone is reading this than do not follow in this ones footsteps and grace the world with passion.

Forever yours, if he had the honor of companions

-S'kaajo or as my mother called me Kharjo."

--
''If this one die, he would like to see the light once more.'' S'kaago smiled as much as he could because if he was going to die, he would die smiling. So he broke out of his cell using nothing but his claws, and ran and ran hoping he could see the light one last time...

The guards stabbed him for mistaking him as a another prisoner, the Khajiit was bleeding, arrows scorched his back but he would endure it, to see the vast world again. After years of darkness, the world was beautiful, he ran and ran for days with severe starvation, he grabbed a boat, and soon had to make the choice to do a leap of faith.
--
So he jumped. S'kaago was drowning. It was the end for him. He was going to be devoured within the rivers. Going deeper and deeper till the blood he filled was no more. He thought to himself, that it finally time for his story to finish.

''Mother, Father. This one is happy that he is finally going to meet you.''

The Khajiit closed his eyes. It was time for him to sleep. Enter the darkness to meet a whole new light so he can finally know what it truly means to love and have a friend.
--
The distorted Khajiit opened his eyes and was found by another Khajiit, dark grey/brown in colour, strumming a lute and murmuring a tune at little more than a whisper. S'kaajo hadn't even noticed the presence behind him, lost was he in his own memories, until he heard the faint hum of the tune behind him. Shocked, he jumped, forcing his lutestrings into a spasm which stirred both Khajiit from their moments of home. Pulling his sword, J’Kaasha backed away quickly as he noticed the state of his kinsman slumped against a tree. S'kaajo fell into his death like state after inurying most of his body.
--
Please... water... I beg you... I haven’t seen a friendly Khajiit in years.. But if you want to kill me do so, he has no more reason to live.

From a distance, J’Kaasha studied the intruder for any signs of the Flu, before throwing him his pouch of water.

“Drink, friend. And tell me how you know a song from Hammerfell.”

As S’kaajo drank and explained himself, J’Kaasha listened to the tale of a young Khajiit constantly on the run, killing to survive and constantly fearing capture. He told of his upbringing, foraging between desert tribes and small settlements, trading whenever possible before moving on to the next settlement and back again.

He told of the Redguards sent after his family, and how his father had taught him the ways of the blade and how to use a shield. He told of the first time he killed, to protect his friends, only to lose him on the next raid. He told of the way his father wept to the Twin Moons in secret, praying to the Khajiiti gods and others for mercy or some sort of a mysterious blessing, pleading that they were not to blame for the ill deeds he had done in his life. And he told of the songs that the family would sing in times of hardship, songs that they would hear sung by the very men that hunted them as they slept by their campfires.

“This one just needs a place among friends; a place to feel safe and to disappear from those that seek him.”

J’Kaasha had told the story to Ri’Karav, who held his doubts over a newcomer who drew trouble.

“They do not know where he is, Ri’Karav. They probably assume that the boat sank, or he died of the Flu when he got to Elsweyr.”

“If they hunted him from Dragonstar to Rihad, they won’t stop there, Kaasha. You’re not naive enough to believe that, are you?”

“He is Khajiit, he is strong, and he needs us a lot more than we need him. First sign of trouble, and he goes. Do this for me, Ri’Karav.”

“Very well. But at the first sign of trouble, we hand him in. Yes since S'kaago is going to be a new member of the caravan apparently. He hereby announces you meatshield. ”

''How about leader position Ri’Karav?

''The caravan is a machine... A well oiled, fur covered besides this one does not you very well and ---'' (Speech interrupted)

''Khajiit is only kidding after all even though he does not know how to make a joke, I haven't seen a friendly face in a long time... besides it does not matter Khajiit is happy to find shelter, but he is not sure whether to join, Khajiit has expirienced many deaths. .''

'' *sigh* From what Ri'karav has heard, you are lonely correct?. Ri’Karav will cage you and khajiit will be a new family member of the caravan. Ri’Karav will protect Khajiit but in exchange you must protect the caravan.''

''Very well. I am honored. Yes, meatshield, S'kaajo likes that. Thank you.

In S'kaajo's head, he thinks to himself ''Is this what you call the warmth of others.........?''

--
He tilted his head, his tears bursted out of joy.

After all the years he had been lonely.

The Khajiit searching and wandering the deserts for love has found a family. Family he could call home.

jarif

Hope you like it. I tried to stay with AS88 and my own style as much as possible of the two original draft (My first draft and AS88's version). Forgive me if Ri’Karav and J'kaasha new added dialogue doesn't fit. Any feedback and discussion related or some stupid mistake by me about this would be greatly appreciated. :)

Roq'ja

I will donate either tonight, or tomorrow night. Is anyone in opposition?
Go right ahead man, can't wait to see our Caravan up there again! Just copy paste our Caravan's blurb into the promotional message area.

Oh also, be sure to upgrade Tora/Moonstrings to officer on the TF site.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Hope you like it. I tried to stay with AS88 and my own style as much as possible of the two original draft (My first draft and AS88's version). Forgive me if Ri’Karav and J'kaasha new added dialogue doesn't fit. Any feedback and discussion related or some stupid mistake by me about this would be greatly appreciated. :)
It's interesting... A bit of constructive criticism...
• No one, not even the Dragonborn can cross the Alk'r desert without any water. Just no...
• Ri'Karav's dialogue is odd. Not really in his character.
• Your Khajiit speaks immaculate English
• Plot is way to wacky. Just hard to follow.
• Finally, your character or father seems to have an odd hate for Aldmeri soldiers. Why?

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Ri'Karav feels his pocket 10 septims lighter. An interesting exchange, this Shoddycast provides.

AS88

Staff member
• No one, not even the Dragonborn can cross the Alk'r desert without any water. Just no...
• Finally, your character or father seems to have an odd hate for Aldmeri soldiers. Why?

Agreed. Although I wrote much of this myself (posted earlier), I can't help but think you've taken many of my ideas and thrown them back in my face. There is still reference to the Nightingales, for example. Also, Rihad is a place, not a person, a simple google search would've told you that, as it told me when I spent hours plotting a course and rewriting this for you. The backstory I did wasn't perfect, I agree, but it's plain to see where you've edited it, either by grammatical inconsistencies, spelling errors or a change in the plot to follow your original ideas which the leadership agreed were not suitable, resulting in an inconsistent and confusing character. You've also added more dialogue without others' permission.

"''Khajiit is only kidding after all he does not know how to make a joke... besides it does not matter Khajiit is happy to find shelter, but he is not sure.''

'' *sigh* From what I have heard, you are lonely. Ri’Karav will cage you and you will be a new family member of the caravan. Ri’Karav will protect Khajiit but in exchange you must protect the caravan.''

''Is this what you call the warmth of others.........?'' "

This is clearly another dig at Dradin because you haven't been given a leadership role in the guild. How many times does it have to be made obvious to you? Dradin is the creator and leader of the guild, if he says something, it goes. If he doesn't want you to have a leadership position, that's his choice to make, and not then your job to whine and complain about it. You either want to be a member of the guild, or you don't. You either want to accept our (very tame) constructive criticism, or you don't.

I'm done dealing with this.

jarif

Agreed. Although I wrote much of this myself (posted earlier), I can't help but think you've taken many of my ideas and thrown them back in my face. There is still reference to the Nightingales, for example. Also, Rihad is a place, not a person, a simple google search would've told you that, as it told me when I spent hours plotting a course and rewriting this for you. The backstory I did wasn't perfect, I agree, but it's plain to see where you've edited it, either by grammatical inconsistencies, spelling errors or a change in the plot to follow your original ideas which the leadership agreed were not suitable, resulting in an inconsistent and confusing character. You've also added more dialogue without others' permission.

"''Khajiit is only kidding after all he does not know how to make a joke... besides it does not matter Khajiit is happy to find shelter, but he is not sure.''

'' *sigh* From what I have heard, you are lonely. Ri’Karav will cage you and you will be a new family member of the caravan. Ri’Karav will protect Khajiit but in exchange you must protect the caravan.''

This is clearly another dig at Dradin because you haven't been given a leadership role in the guild. How many times does it have to be made obvious to you? Dradin is the creator and leader of the guild, if he says something, it goes. If he doesn't want you to have a leadership position, that's his choice to make, and not then your job to whine and complain about it. You either want to be a member of the guild, or you don't. You either want to accept our (very tame) constructive criticism, or you don't.

Thanks for the criticism,I'm still sorting out all the stuff such as proof reading ect.

''This is clearly another dig at Dradin because you haven't been given a leadership role in the guild'' easy their, I actually wanted to implement this as a joke o_O and when you said Rihad, I thought you meant Rijad from the original story since you did change the names, my bad :oops:

jarif

Also I do not think leadership role suites him, bodyguard chief of somesort maybe but he is completely fine being a meat shield, all that matters to him is his family so he doesn't care about what rank he is, infact its probably best if he has a low status because he has a fragile heart and would want people to feel bigger than him also he would be a terrible leader, the only leadership he can provide is the art of the sword and some words of wisdom or tactition but the actual leadership role, he wouldn't know what to do with it, he would be like :confused:

jarif

I apologize if you feel, ummm??? back stabbed maybe??? '' can't help but think you've taken many of my ideas and thrown them back in my face.'' I'm sorry but I diddn't change the story completely and the reference were meant to be left in the readers imagination

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts