Xbox 360 Can't start hearthfire!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

madMARTYNmarsh

Hello there. I'm new here and this unfortunately is my first post... Shame it's about a bug.

I can't start hearthfire, when I go to speak to the jarl of Falkreath he doesn't have the option I guess is needed to start hearthfire. Is there a known fix for this? Is a patch being worked on?

I don't want to start a new game again, I've already re-started twice because of in game bugs. I must have 600 hours between the 2 saves, 289.45 hours on my current game so I really don't want to have to start again.

All help is greatly received.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
For Falkreath: You must complete the “Rare Gifts” favor, and the “Kill the Bandit Leader” favor. You may then buy land from Steward Nenya.

madMARTYNmarsh

I have just looked through my completed quests and it seems I am already thane of falkreath, I must of completed those quests earlier in the game and forgot I'd done them.
I still can't start hearthfire though.....

HELP!

JClarke1953

Thing is, did you have the conversation with the fop of a Jarl? If he did give you the title of Thane, you should have gotten a sword from him ( The Blade of Falkreath). Have you tried talking to Nenya? She's up on the 2nd floor on your left as you enter the Jarl's lodge.

I "helped" his people, plus did a bandit quest, then didn't go to him for awhile until I had done some other quests. Then I bought land, built the house, then went and saw him. He made me Thane, gave me a sword (got shorted on a housecarl. Don't know if it was because I had Lydia as a follower already). Also, I didn't buy any other home, so when adoption/marriage came up, the "where do we live" dialog had only Falkreath as our place to live.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Once you're thane, there should be several holds that offer to sell you land. For me, I was offered to purchase land in the Pale, near Dawnstar. Though, I don't believe I was thane of that hold, only had completed the major questlines there. I haven't done much research on Hearthfire yet, but it seems that its mostly a random event that you get invited to purchase property once you have met the requirements. Are you thane of the Pale? You could try there, and see what happens.

JClarke1953

I haven't run into what you did Andante. But then, after getting Lydia, I bailed out of Whiterun and began quest's. I did buy land and build a home in Falkreath, married, adopted two children from two different area's. Then building and hustling for mat's became a hassle, so I backed into a save before I bought the land, and began with the Dawnguard where I ran into Serana again. So, having to part way's with Lydia, now am after the scroll's, Mzult (I think it's spelled like that), and then to her mother to get the other one.

Having done most of this already, but as a Vampire is totally different, and the challenges are different. I did buy the land before I went and found Septum. Oh, btw, if you do buy land in Falkreath, the steward doesn't tell you about bandit's, a troll and a humongous bear. Also below the property there are Necromancer's, so they'll have to go too.

When I did have the house, wife and kid's, I fast traveled there only to have a fire breather literally waiting. I had to ride Frost (now dead from Foresworn) to Falkreath so I could get some help. After that, it kind of got me to decide back to a previous save before all that and wait until I got a couple of major quests done. Still trying to figure about Stormcloaks or Imperials as I don't like the fop of a Jarl in Falkreath. But, my land is waiting, and my char is deep in Mzult, so we'll see what happens.

madMARTYNmarsh

It's strange because I am able to buy all available land except falkreath and I have completed all quests related to falkreath so I'm lost as what to do there.
I must thank you though because before coming here I didn't know I was able to buy land else where so my thanks to you all.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts