• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hmm. The other thing I'm seeing as I'm pouring through some posts is a sound issue. Do you have your sound on the lowest settings? There are some posts about tweaking some of your sound settings in Windows itself but I don't feel qualified to suggest anything specific concerning audio.

RacchheeLLL14

I've seen those suggestions also so i did what they mentioned and turned my sound to the lowest quality. It didn't work. I then proceeded to try it on all the quality settings. Didn't work for any. :S

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Here's what UESP had (I know you already did the reinstall part but I figured I'd paste the whole phrase):

You might encounter bugs in the quest script where the game will stop progressing. These errors may occur even after a game restart, and a possible fix at this point is total reinstallation ofSkyrim. Or installing DXSETUP.exe from skyrim\DirectX10.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok, here's the Windows sound suggestion I saw as well. I've attached a screenshot for you. You'd get to this by using the control panel and getting to your sound properties, then the actual device properties. It may be under an advanced tab or similar. The suggestion is to put it at the 16 bit 44.1k setting.

SoundScreenshot.jpg

RacchheeLLL14

^^^^So i tried that. Didn't work.

What i've now discoverd is that when it's downloading it downloads fine up untill 5271.3MB out of 5717.9 and then it stops and i have to resume it. When i press resume the number jumps up to 5717.9 out of 5717.9 and it says i can play it. Any ideas?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hmm. This one I have no idea. I never downloaded the game from Steam itself. I don't know what the numbers should look like. Unless that 5271.3MB is the game and 5717.9 is the game with the last patch. Dagmar do you have any ideas about this?

You said you did the file integrity check thing after you downloaded the game and it comes back fine?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
According to Steam, Skyrim uses 5740 Mb on my computer but this probably includes my screenshots, saved games, mods and SKSE so it's not necessarily indicative that there is anything wrong with the installation.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts