• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RacchheeLLL14

So i can open the game and load it fine. I get up to where i'm sitting in the wagon/cart and no one talks to me the whole ride. We then arrive at the village, go in there a bit and stop next to the other cart in front of a brick wall and nothing happens. We just sit there with no one getting up or talking. Also i can hear the sounds of the moving cart and horse when we have stopped at that brick wall. Can someone please help me. I've tried re downloading/ installing twice and it does nothing.

I've bought it on Steam btw.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
What kind of computer are you running on? Can you post some stats here? I know I read another post similar to this not too long ago. I'll see if I can find it and look how the issue was solved.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Something to try would be to console command past the opening scene and then to console command to the character creation screen. I will look both of thos up for you

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
"showracemenu" is the command for the "who are you" screen try that one it should skip past the talking and take you to the creation part. cant find the skipping quest one though...

RacchheeLLL14

I tried the showracemenu command and it does bring up the choosing character menu but i can't see anything only the options and a blurred background.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Well if you picked a random preset then you could probably get past it and remake your character when you are past the quest and do the showracemenu prompt again.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Most of the bugs in the opening scene associated with the carriage require a re-installation of the game to resolve.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Have you gone to the laptop manufacturer site and made sure all your drivers are current?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Can you tell if the game patched when you downloaded it? I'm not sure how it works when you buy it straight from Steam. I have the physical disk myself.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, when the games first come out, they're version 1.0 or something. As people play and find bugs, the company will release a patch which is downloaded and basically fixes some code in the original game. So the game version ends up being 1.1 or 1.2 or similar. Skyrim is up to the 1.5 patch now. I am not sure if Steam forces the patch on you immediately as you purchase the game from them. Did you just purchase the game recently or have you had it for a while?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Rayven - It patches the same way and the initial download will include all patches to the date of that download.

I would contact both Bethesda support and Steam support at this point. I haven't read about any other solutions other than re-installing the game.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
The only other thing I've seen as I've searched for this issue is to do the 'verify game files' or "file integrity" thing in Steam. Since yours is a new install, I can't imagine the files being wacky but it's an easy thing to try that wouldn't take long or hurt anything.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts