1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Can't play.

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by RacchheeLLL14, Apr 13, 2012.

1. RacchheeLLL14 New Member

Message Count:
    So i can open the game and load it fine. I get up to where i'm sitting in the wagon/cart and no one talks to me the whole ride. We then arrive at the village, go in there a bit and stop next to the other cart in front of a brick wall and nothing happens. We just sit there with no one getting up or talking. Also i can hear the sounds of the moving cart and horse when we have stopped at that brick wall. Can someone please help me. I've tried re downloading/ installing twice and it does nothing.

I've bought it on Steam btw.
  2. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    What kind of computer are you running on? Can you post some stats here? I know I read another post similar to this not too long ago. I'll see if I can find it and look how the issue was solved.
  3. Zoa Two Tails Cloak and Dagger Artist

Message Count:
    Something to try would be to console command past the opening scene and then to console command to the character creation screen. I will look both of thos up for you
  4. RacchheeLLL14 New Member

Message Count:
  5. Zoa Two Tails Cloak and Dagger Artist

Message Count:
    "showracemenu" is the command for the "who are you" screen try that one it should skip past the talking and take you to the creation part. cant find the skipping quest one though...
  6. RacchheeLLL14 New Member

Message Count:
    I tried the showracemenu command and it does bring up the choosing character menu but i can't see anything only the options and a blurred background.
  7. Zoa Two Tails Cloak and Dagger Artist

Message Count:
    Well if you picked a random preset then you could probably get past it and remake your character when you are past the quest and do the showracemenu prompt again.
  8. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    Most of the bugs in the opening scene associated with the carriage require a re-installation of the game to resolve.
  9. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    On an unrelated note, make sure you have all the settings on low. (Intel HD Graphics are a poor substitute for an discrete video card.)
  10. RacchheeLLL14 New Member

Message Count:
    I have already re installed twice and yes my settings were on low.
  11. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Have you gone to the laptop manufacturer site and made sure all your drivers are current?
  12. RacchheeLLL14 New Member

Message Count:
    Yes. I did that before i brought the game.
  13. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Can you tell if the game patched when you downloaded it? I'm not sure how it works when you buy it straight from Steam. I have the physical disk myself.
  14. RacchheeLLL14 New Member

Message Count:
    :S I'm sorry. Can you please explain what that means...?
  15. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Well, when the games first come out, they're version 1.0 or something. As people play and find bugs, the company will release a patch which is downloaded and basically fixes some code in the original game. So the game version ends up being 1.1 or 1.2 or similar. Skyrim is up to the 1.5 patch now. I am not sure if Steam forces the patch on you immediately as you purchase the game from them. Did you just purchase the game recently or have you had it for a while?
  16. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    Rayven - It patches the same way and the initial download will include all patches to the date of that download.

I would contact both Bethesda support and Steam support at this point. I haven't read about any other solutions other than re-installing the game.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. RacchheeLLL14 New Member

Message Count:
    I just got it yesterday. The latest patch was released in March yeah?
  18. RacchheeLLL14 New Member

Message Count:
    I have already contacted steam support. No reply as of yet. I'll do Bethesda support now.
  19. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    The only other thing I've seen as I've searched for this issue is to do the 'verify game files' or "file integrity" thing in Steam. Since yours is a new install, I can't imagine the files being wacky but it's an easy thing to try that wouldn't take long or hurt anything.
  20. RacchheeLLL14 New Member

Message Count:
    I'll do it again but I've already done that too each re download/installment I've done.