• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Ok, so for some reason during one of the first Companion missions (the one you become a member after completing) I lost my merc. I went back to Whiterun to see if she was there, and holy crap, there stood Jenassa w/o the full set of enchanted elven armor I had given her. I must have forgot to un-equip my mara amulet, so when I talked to her (had the option to hire, even though she still had the sword (looked the same as the unique I gave her) for 500g) she wanted to get married.

After all of two sentences, I quick traveled to the temple, talked to what's his name, set up the marriage and waited. I've literally waited the entire time at the temple, and eventually get a 'failed' mission. No matter what I do I keep failing to get this done, I've read it happens within or close to 24 hours. After whats his name tells me that the ceremony will begin at dusk and end at dawn I literally just sat there, and keep getting a fail.

Not only that, but the first housecarl I got (Lydia) who I accidentally killed appears on the floor next to the door after it tells me I failed an all the npc's tell me to get out. I go back to Whiterun and the merc (Jenassa) is gone.

It's not overly important, as the gear was only to boost stats and will be made again, and I was planning on replacing my merc anyway. My problem is that I obviously am doing something wrong, is there anything else I'm supposed to do other than wait at the temple?

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Just to update, I finally got one of the Companions to marry my toon and during one of my quests (where you get arrested/framed and go to whats it called mine) she is now stuck in that temple and won't leave. To top it off, Lydia, my original glitched dead companion is now in my house whenever I go there.

As for my intended bride to be/merc ~ she is nowhere to be found still. I'm sure somewhere along the line she'll magically appear somewhere. As for the helm she was wearing, I just found another one similar to it in style, enchanted it with the same enchantment and named it after it. Not really the same, but good enough for me.

I'll have to say, I love the game for the most part, but the few glitches I've seen are not small and have ultimately effected my game. I have to go to another city to get paid/training/work from the companion I married because she is stuck there (she lies and says she'll move, but she doesn't...typical woman ;))

Ginger

ok, so Im trying to get married in skyrim and ive read the help me's befor. Lydia doesnt appear at my ceremony dead or alive so i cant drag her down, yes i do have the amulet. i go there in the morning meet my wife to be and just stand at the alter. the quest marker is above the priest guy or w/e he is. but nothing happens. ive tried talking to him but there are no options about the marriage, just if i can donate and stuff about the church. idk what to do but this has been happening for a while. Any suggestions??

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts