Quest Can't Finish Battle for Solitude Quest glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Drummerthing

Alright, here's the deal.

Before you read what my problems are, read what I have already tried to do to fix the problem:
I have tried disabling all of my mods
I have tried going to previous saves
I have tried using console commands to fix the quest
I have tried doing the quest during day and night
I have tried killing the Pentius Oculus agents and not killing them.

Now here is my problem. I start Battle for Solitude just fine. I walk over to the entrance to Solitude, and Ulfric has his heroic speech about how we're going to win and such. I get into Solitude, clear through mobs and barricades, and get to the Castle Dour. At the Castle Dour, there are two passive Pentius Oculus who do not attack you on sight, are killable, and do not have any type of dialogue. Once I enter the Castle Dour, I can turn my camera but I am unable to look at my inventory (press TAB) I am unable to move in any direction, and I am unable to exit the Castle Dour. While I stand there, all I can see is a character walk across the the room opposite of me. I do not hear any dialogue or anything.

Could someone please help me with this problem? I am level 48 (with 100 hours of gameplay) and I don't want to make a whole new character just to do the quest for the Steam achievement.

And again, for the record, these are the things I have tried:
I have tried disabling all of my mods
I have tried going to previous saves
I have tried using console commands to fix the quest
I have tried doing the quest during day and night
I have tried killing the Pentius Oculus agents and not killing them.

Thank you

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Lydia Barron

ok i HAD that issue but then my game crashed now
im stuck in solitude doing the final stormcloak quest to take over solitude and kill everyone. everyone is dead and were in front of the castle to go in but i cant open any doors or leave the city im stuck in battle mode and i cant quit or exit out.. if i try the loading screen appears and it immediately freezes my whole xbox.. im a level 57 Legendary Khajiit. i have changed game discs and uninstalled and reinstalled and its still the same.. please help i miss playing my game.. do i need a new xbox or something? what do i do?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts