Can't fill Black Soul Gem

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

buckova

I am level 7. My problem is i have tried to fill a black soul gem about 4,322 times over 3 real days with no luck. I have researched every forum I can and tried all the suggestions. I have gotten as close as possible before casting soul trap, have cast at target with full health and with low health, have tried with just spell and no weapon, and with spell and weapon, I have dropped all other soul gems I was arrying except Black Soul Gem, I have even made my companion wait so that I make sure I kill the target myself. I have fed right before doing this to insure that wasn't affecting the spell. I never see the purple glow on the target that everyone mentions after casting the spell. Unless someone can assist, I guess my only option is turning into a werewolf. I believe I will still need to fill more Black Soul Gems in the future so that wil only help me be cured of vampirism, but not filling gems.

buckova

Kill a mammoth solo. Cast the spell to steal its soul right before it dies.

Strange, everything I have read says that it has to be a human soul to fill a Black Soul Gem. Not sure I can kill a mammoth solo yet as only level 10, but will try. Thanks for suggestion.

At level 7 it will be easier to kill a random bandit. Find a single person, or wait till you have killed all the others at a cave. Have the Soultrap spell in your left hand and a weapon in the right (or vv). Cast the spell right at the bandit as you start the fight (check your Magic level drops, indicating it has been cast), then kill him as quickly as you can. If this doesn't work then I am not sure what has happened. Not wishing to sound rude, but you did check that the Soulgem is empty, right?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...I have dropped all other soul gems I was arrying except Black Soul Gem, I have even made my companion wait so that I make sure I kill the target myself....
Neither of these matters. You don't have to be the one to kill the target on whom you've cast soul trap. He or she just has to die within 60 seconds of being hit with the spell. Are you playing from first person view or third person view? What gaming platform are you using (PC/Xbox/PS)?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts