Cant fence items to Enthir

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zelek2

For some reason, i cant fence any of my items to Enthir. Yes i have completed the main quest line for the TG. I get 2 different buy/selling. First being, what'll you give me for these. Second being, can we do business. Ive tried different time of the day and night. But no luck. He wont leave his room in the college.

Tjanks for your help, zelek

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It's a bug. It's usually triggered by completion of both the Thieves Guild and the College of Winterhold main quest lines. I haven't read about any workarounds or fixes for this bug.

Zelek2

Thanks Dagmar. For everything you do. It seems that every thread i look at, it always come in and help out. I havent even started the college quest yet. Let's hope it can get fixed at some point.

Thanks again

Tater

I had the same question. I just started the TG quests and my wife has already joined but didn't know where to find the fence to sell her stolen goods.
So basically, there is no way to sell all of the stolen goods we each have?

Fourshakes

I'd rather be working on my bowling average.
Tonilla from the TG. Should be able to do it after you get your set of initial TG armor.

BSE

Maybe you have to complete the College quest first, or the Radiant College quest involving Arniel? That would be my guess, but I havent run into this problem.

matt77h

I'm having the same issue with Enthir. I know I was able to buy/sell from him before. I need Daedra hearts but the option will not come up. I can only talk to him about the falmer, etc. Also he is staying in the inn and I've waited over a week but he still will not leave. Don't know if he needs to be in the college but if so he will not leave the inn. Thanks.

Fourshakes

I'm having the same issue with Enthir. I know I was able to buy/sell from him before. I need Daedra hearts but the option will not come up. I can only talk to him about the falmer, etc. Also he is staying in the inn and I've waited over a week but he still will not leave. Don't know if he needs to be in the college but if so he will not leave the inn. Thanks.
Have you completed the winterhold college quest line? (ie - are you the arch mage of the college now?)

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Enthir is expensive anyway. He low balls you for items and charges alot. If you need deadra hearts, do the Mahrunes' Dagon questline. At the end, it generates two deadra that respawn at the location you end up at. Some alchemy shops will ocassionally carry them.

Fourshakes

Enthir is expensive anyway. He low balls you for items and charges alot. If you need deadra hearts, do the Mahrunes' Dagon questline. At the end, it generates two deadra that respawn at the location you end up at. Some alchemy shops will ocassionally carry them.
Technically 4 (2 inside, 2 outside), but they aren't guaranteed to respawn. Happened to me before. Even waited over a month in game time.

http://skyrimforum.com/threads/comprehensive-list-of-daedra-hearts.4321/

Dagmar

Technically 4 (2 inside, 2 outside), but they aren't guaranteed to respawn. Happened to me before. Even waited over a month in game time.
Did you revisit that area during that one month or stay completely clear of it? Spawn timers reset if you enter the area.

matt77h

Have you completed the winterhold college quest line? (ie - are you the arch mage of the college now?)

I haven't completed the college questline. I'm only a couple into it. I haven't completed the thieves guild questline either and don't know if that is my issue. I may be mistaken about being able to buy from him before but I think I was able to buy from him when I first met him. I ended up finding the last heart I needed in Jorrvaskr.

Gramsci

PS3 User here - I completed the entire TG quest line and none of the fences have worked at all since the second sub-quest dealing with the meadery. Even the fence merchant booths inside the guild headquarters (earned from special side quests) are unable to purchase my loot. I even deleted Game Data and reinstalled using the latest update to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
PS3 User here - I completed the entire TG quest line and none of the fences have worked at all since the second sub-quest dealing with the meadery. Even the fence merchant booths inside the guild headquarters (earned from special side quests) are unable to purchase my loot. I even deleted Game Data and reinstalled using the latest update to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem?

Please reconsider your choice of font colors that shade of black is difficult to read, but welcome to the forum!

As far as I know, the additional merchants that pop-up in the TGHQ are not fences.

Available fences are (depending on certain parameters being met):
Tonilia (Riften)
Gulum-Ei (Solitude)
Mallus Maccius (Whiterun)
Enthir (Winterhold)
Niranye (Windhelm)
Endon (Markarth)
Atahba (Caravan)
Ma'jhad (Caravan)
Ri'saad (Caravan) Thanks Dagmar
Zaynabi (Caravan)

Dagmar

Available fences are (depending on certain parameters being met):
Tonilia (Riften)
Gulum-Ei (Solitude)
Mallus Maccius (Whiterun)
Enthir (Winterhold)
Niranye (Windhelm)
Endon (Markarth)
Atahba (Caravan)
Ma'jhad (Caravan)
Ri'saad (Caravan)
Zaynabi (Caravan)
Ri'saad isn't a Fence. There's a Fence for each Khajiit caravan but you already have them all listed.

Gramsci

Thanks - Actually, those on the list are part of the problem as well. I can't even open a dialog box with them. I contacted Bethesda and was told there is no known fix.

Gramsci

The issues are as follows:
1. None of the fences in the main cities will open a dialogue with me to even sell them non-stolen merchandise.
2. None of the merchant booths set up in the Ragged Flagon will purchase stolen merchandise.
3. I cannot access the Thieves Guild Safe even though I am Guild Master.
Here is what I have done to try to resolve the problem:
1. I completed all quests related to the Thieves Guild, including side-quests to unlock each city and the caravan.
2. I have deleted Game Data and reinstalled with the latest patch.
3. I have waited 38 game-days (through the wait and sleep function) then saved, powered down, and reloaded.
4. I have limited the number of open quests so that I now only have four open quests (unrelated to TG).
None of my troubleshooting has resulted in removing this bug/glitch.
Also worth noting:
1. One of my open Quests is the College of Winterhold. Another open quest involves the Mysterious Gemstones I have gathered - could these quests be interfering?
2. I am unable to dispose of a few "Quest Items" even though there is no related Quest listed in my journal. These items include a Statue of Dil., Mystic Gloves, a Soul Gem, a greenish potion, and a few more I cannot remember) - could this be the root of the problem?
Basically, is there anything I can try that I haven't already?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts