Can't Download with Manager

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

swanqueen

On skyrimnexus I can't download with manager. I get this when I try. What am I missing?
The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:

• Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

What you can try:

bullet.png
Search online for a program you can use to view this web content.

bullet.png
Retype the address.

bullet.png
Go back to the previous page.

On skyrimnexus I can't download with manager. I get this when I try. What am I missing?
The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:

• Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

What you can try:

bullet.png
Search online for a program you can use to view this web content.

bullet.png
Retype the address.

bullet.png
Go back to the previous page.
I had the same'ish problem. I fixed it by firstly associating the download file type with nexus mod manager (it should of been done automatically, you might want to reinstall). Secondly set the priviliges of the mod manager to administrator. (right click on the nexus mod manager application, properties then set admin rights) This should allow nexus mod manager to do what it wants in terms of what it is designed to do without your computer denying it access. Hope i helped and if not ill have a look around to try and find out how to fix your problem.

swanqueen

I think the problem is I don't have the mod manager. I thought that there was something I needed to download but on the nexus site I couldn't find a download for the manager itself. I know you must think I'm stupid.. but I thought maybe the button itself was the manager. Can you post a link to the mod manger itself.. or I'll go look again.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
You' re better off not using the Mod manager to install mods. It takes less than one minute to do it manually , and about five minutes to learn how to do it. All mods I have seen contain instructions for manual install, and it is almost always the same process.

The Mod Managr does not install some mods correctly either. This program is best used just to watch for updates on your mods and to set the mod loading order if you need to do that.

swanqueen

If you don't use the mod manager to install the mod will it still keep track of them? I want to uninstall my mods, I only have a few, before 1.4 so I can start over with a clean install. What do you think? Some mods might not work with 1.4 or the update might fix some things I modded for in the first place.

I have installed some things manually I just never checked to see if the mod manger is tracking them too. Some were just texture files added and nicer faces for a few NPCs.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts