• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mathieulebum

I've completed the main story line with the Imperials , killed Ulfric and now got the option to buy the house. Problem is the guy always told me that there is a empty house but that something happen and its not available yet... I CANT start the Blood On Ice quest since i never see the crowd looking at a dead body at the cemetery. Please Help.

Ah12321

Ya, theres are bugs with this quest. I am wondering if you have completed the Dark Brotherhood quest line? I heard this can help trigger the Blood On Ice quest, and I have also heard it can give it more bugs.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Yea, you won't be able to get the house until the Blood on the Ice quest is finished. Sucks I know. But, I have the house and I can tell you that it's huge and amazing. :3

Mathieulebum

Alright , i think its nice how this game is full with so many bugs that always effects what i really wanna do , buy , or simply have fun trying. It is really stupid.

Yea I have ran into this problem aswell. Like AH said before if you have done the Dark Brotherhood quest than I KNOW that it bugs out the quest so you can't do it. But don't rage, the makers check these forums all the time to see if anyone has found any bugs or glitchs that can be fix.

Mabe

Dragging an old thread back. Anyone find a fix to this?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

scarecrow12

Hey guys. I had the same problem with Hjerim but now i was able to solve it. Just go to Hjerim (without buying it) and the door will be locked so open the console and type "unlock" to unlock the door. Once you re inside go to the chest on your left and take what s inside, that should be able to force the game to start Blood on Ice quest. When you finish the quest just go to the stewerd and buy the house. That worked for me i hope it works to you to. If you are playing in XBox or PS3 this way won t work.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Fast travel from windhelm to another city then back to windhelm, then back to another city a few times, is what trigged mine because it wouldn't start, cause I wanted the amulet for a necromancer build.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
"Blood on the Ice" is very buggy. Both finishing the Imperial questline and having a dead Viola Giordano have been known to cause problems with the quest. If you killed Nilsine in the DB quests, Tova commits suicide but you should still be able to loot the key from Tova's body/coffin, granting you access to Hjerim. (I don't know if you can pickpocket the key from Tova.)

If that fails, console commands. If that fails, then really your only recourse is reload an earlier save with Windhelm still under Stormcloak control and a living Viola Giordano.

Moonwort

There is supposed to be a fix in the next patch which should come out soon, but I don't know if it will fix all problems. For me, DB completed, imperial questline completed, Torva dead, but Viola Giordano still alive. No blood on the ice.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts