1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Can you resurrect Lydia

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Speech500, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Speech500 Active Member

Message Count:
    On the off chance that you diddn't accidentally FUS RO DAH lyida off the Throat of the world and spend seven hours looking for the body and are now taking anti depressants to stop yourself from suicide, is it possible to get another lydia if yours is dead, or resurrect her permanently on a console?
  2. ItsBenniBlack Mehti Oba

Message Count:
    lmao yea mines is dead to lol got killed by a frost troll lol
  3. Tiddleykong Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea

Message Count:
    Lydia sucks nuts. She is almost always a low level follower because you meet her at a low level.
  4. Mauli Actual Alchemist

Message Count:
    It turns out I'm glad I "lost" her. I hated her attitude.

Annekke Crag-Jumper is turning out to be a good friend. She's happy enough to carry my stuff and keeps up with me pretty well. I crafted and gave her some good ebony armor and some nice glass weapons. On one quest I found two staffs, one of Frost and one of Fireballs. I gave them to Anne to carry and she started using the staffs. She really handy to have watching your back. I only lost her once and she found her way back to my house on her own.

5. Speech500 Active Member

Message Count:
    Lydia has character. You really think i loved her and married her (in game) because of her level?

NO!
    I spent a day getting 100 pickpocket so i could take her clothes and have her walk around with me naked.
    You need to be creative with your followers. They are glorified pack mules if that. Lydia was different....
    Mikk likes this.
  6. SaveVsBedWet Active Member

Message Count:
    For the Win.

May I suggest Jordis the Sword-Maiden? The housecarl available in Solitude? Very similar in build and such to Lydia, but Blonde? Equally willing to prance around nude, and this time through a magnificent tri-level home complete with lots of counter tops, chairs, secret rooms, stacked boxes, plus a larger and more luxurious bed, and magic "enhancement" potions abound.

Not that I'm truly suggesting anything...or in fact even that I've given much consideration to the advantages of trading up from-

Here she is. Waiting on you, I presume. And growing impatient with her clothing as we watch:

[IMG]
  7. Sentinala Premium Member

Message Count:
    this threads gettin freaky!!

if ur on PC, then target her in console and type

resurrect 1
  8. Jeff31 Premium Member

Message Count:
    my lyinda was killed by a troll but that was at a low lvl i dont need followers im lvl 68 and can carry over 400 pounds
  9. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    Uh no. Followers level with you. She does fine by me in full enchanted Legendary Ebony armor, sword, shield and bow with a Ring and Necklace of Remedy. Her sword is a Sword of Leeching so between that and her ring and necklace I never have to heal her.

She one and two hits a lot of mobs. Sometimes I let her take care of the bad guys while I check my email. :D
  10. Skyrimosity Mythic Dawn Cultist

Message Count:
    My Lydia got killed in a Thief attack INSIDE Dragonsreach. I held them off as long as I could, then ran away while healing. I found Lydia's dead body later. The GUARDS DID NOTHING! I will avenge her!!! ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!! FUS RO DAH!!!!!!
  11. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    You can also make a brand new Lydia using PC console commands but that might make things buggy.
  12. Jeff31 Premium Member

Message Count:
    I have the xbox version so no mods here
  13. Jbcarey Member

Message Count:
    I've read in multiple locations that j'zargo is the best follower... So I'm going after him.
  14. Jeff31 Premium Member

Message Count:
    ive trid useing him hes ok if you like magic hes not much with a sowrd
  15. Jbcarey Member

Message Count:
    Okay, I just need someone that stay out of my way, helps in case i need a heal (although i don't know if followers do that) and have some powerful magic that helps out...
  16. ItsBenniBlack Mehti Oba

Message Count:
    i cant remember her name but i got into a bar fight with a female in whiterun and now she follows me everywhere and she is a big help i will get the name for everyone
  17. Tiddleykong Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea

Message Count:

Sorry to spoil your proud moment, but as a matter of fact a follower you meet later on will almost always be loads better than your previous leveling with you or not
  18. Speech500 Active Member

Message Count:
    <@>.<@> Thats better gear than i have ever had
  19. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    Based on what? Your ego? :rolleyes:

The fact is that on the PC you can check all of a followers stats and there is no appreciable difference in the stats of followers that share the same primary skills. Some followers may have better default equipment than others but that hardly makes them better since all of their equipment is inferior to anything you can equip them with at later stages in the game unless you have no appreciable smithing and enchanting skill.

One time, to amuse myself, I butted one of the bugged Alik'r Warriors that hangs out at the entrance of Whiterun with my bow and when the Whiterun guards attacked me I just sat back and Lydia killed them....all of them. She kills mobs so quickly and efficiently she'll often kill close to half of a group that we're fighting on her own. How many of your followers can do better?
  20. Jbcarey Member

Message Count:
    That may be, I was happy with Lydia, but this thread was about finding a replacement for Lydia, or in an off case, resurrect her.

I miss Lydia too.