Can you get an enchanting table in your house?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brad

I recently bought the house in Whiterun, and have checked all the options to upgrade/decorate it, and I see the alchemy table, but not an enchanting table option. I find it hard to believe that you are not able to get one...? Is there somewhere special I need to go to get one in my house?

P.S. Also, if you "drop" something in your house, wil lit stay there or disappear after awhile?

Thanks everyone!

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well from my experiences with oblivion i'd say that you probably can't get one in your house. Also, if you drop something in your house it should still be there when you get back, it's just like if you go to an npcs place and knock crap on the ground, it's usually still there on the ground later.

Brad

Interesteing. I have probably played less than 20 hours, VERY early in plot, only level 14, and I'm already sick of running back to Dragons Reach just to enchant... I have a feeling that someone burglarizing your house is a possibility as well, has anyone had experience with that?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
You're telling me. I was getting annoyed with having to deal with being overencombered every time I went to a bandit camp. Pick up two or three armors worth 200 gold and i'm done. Finally changed tactics and cleared the place then got Lydia and went back and had her play pack mule for me. I've been making lots of gold, but damn you can't really afford anything early levels. All the decent items cost about 2k+ gold a piece. Takes me about 2 hours to earn 2k gold right now.

Rena

Yes you can and an alchemy table

Rena

The guys that sell them to you sell furniture. It's almost exactly like Oblivion

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Of course, us low level characters proly haven't run into that NPC yet. Damn you could buy that stuff for your house in Oblivion? I could have sworn you couldn't. Well it has been about 5 years since I played it.

Rena

Nope not in Oblivion. I meant the buying the house and the furniture buying :) Should've been more clear but I heard theres a cheat for free houses in Skyrim. Its on this website somewhere

SaveVsBedWet

The guys that sell them to you sell furniture. It's almost exactly like Oblivion

This is a great thread, because I just became irritated with this last night after having to run to Dragonreach or to that dungeon with The Caller over and over for the same reason.

I have my house, and the alchemy table (which I could care less about) and got them from the dude in Dragonsreach who sells the furniture. Problem is, I went looking for that dude last night thinking I had missed the enchanting table package and when I found him, there were no options to buy additional packages. I had indeed bought everything you could get for the house the first time. At least, for that particular house.

Maybe you can get a table with that mansion that's for sale in the other city, but you can't in Whiterun. Either that, or there's a bug of some sort.

While we're on the subject of enchanting tables, can I mention how enraging it was to find out that once you disenchant an item and learn a particular effect type, you can never replace that effect type with a more powerful version? Yes that's right. Early on I broke down something and enchanted a war axe with a +10 Frost Damage enchantment. Yesterday I tried to learn a +20 version and was told I already knew that enchantment. So basically I could be walking around at level 80 with 100's across every magical category and I will never be able to stick frost damage into anything at a higher value than +10 damage. How wack is that?

Why can't we forget enchantments? Better yet. Why can't we get better at them and replace them as we relearn them at higher levels?

Rena

While we're on the subject of enchanting tables, can I mention how enraging it was to find out that once you disenchant an item and learn a particular effect type, you can never replace that effect type with a more powerful version? Yes that's right.

OMG are you serious? That must be a bug cause thats just stupid. Ill have to worn people about that.

Regarding an enchanting table, you do get the option in more expensive houses. I have a whiterun house much like yourselves and once I purchased a house in Markarth I was given an option for purchasing an enchanting room. came with more options to display weapons along with a mannequin to display your armor too. If that's the case as you "upgrade" in larger and larger houses I am heading straight to Solitude and will see what the biggest and most expensive house gives you cuz I love displaying my unique and awesome weapons/armor I have collected/created.

SaveVsBedWet

OMG are you serious? That must be a bug cause thats just stupid. Ill have to worn people about that.

As a heart attack. Lamest. Immersion. Breaking. Oversight. Ever. Study, but don't understand. Understand, but don't improve.

Then use what you haven't learned to save the Empire. BRILLIANT!

.....BRILLIANT!

SaveVsBedWet

Regarding an enchanting table, you do get the option in more expensive houses. I have a whiterun house much like yourselves and once I purchased a house in Markarth I was given an option for purchasing an enchanting room. came with more options to display weapons along with a mannequin to display your armor too. If that's the case as you "upgrade" in larger and larger houses I am heading straight to Solitude and will see what the biggest and most expensive house gives you cuz I love displaying my unique and awesome weapons/armor I have collected/created.

Okay good. This was my "or else it must be" alternative answer. Time to trade up from the McHut.

Brad

Wow I am glad I know about bigger better houses later in the game. Had I known that, I probably wouldn't have bought my "Breezehome" in the projects of Whiterun, cause this mess is lame. I like the display case/mannequin option. That would be sweet! Now if only I can find a way to sell my house when the market improves...

Brad

While we're on the subject of enchanting tables, can I mention how enraging it was to find out that once you disenchant an item and learn a particular effect type, you can never replace that effect type with a more powerful version? Yes that's right. Early on I broke down something and enchanted a war axe with a +10 Frost Damage enchantment. Yesterday I tried to learn a +20 version and was told I already knew that enchantment. So basically I could be walking around at level 80 with 100's across every magical category and I will never be able to stick frost damage into anything at a higher value than +10 damage. How wack is that?

Why can't we forget enchantments? Better yet. Why can't we get better at them and replace them as we relearn them at higher levels?

With my limited, early game experience, I would think you could make that enchantment better with a larger gem (like a Grand gem) and higher level of enchanting skill. Just the gems themselves can make a pretty big difference from what I have seen. Let me know if I am mistaken though, cause it would be good to know =)

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well it's at least a place to store heavy crap like dragon scales and bones which are like 50% of my carrying weight right now. Oh btw, off subject but how do you get those cool finishing animations? I've gotten them like maybe 4-5 times out of the 50 times i've finished off something with my little dagger.

Brad

I think it happens if you do a power attack and if that attack is enough to kill them, you get the finishing animation. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's what it is.

Well it's at least a place to store heavy crap like dragon scales and bones which are like 50% of my carrying weight right now. Oh btw, off subject but how do you get those cool finishing animations? I've gotten them like maybe 4-5 times out of the 50 times i've finished off something with my little dagger.

It's just a matter of a crit hit killing blow. I got them all the time when fighting undead with silver weapon (does extra dmg against undead it says) or even beating the stuffing back into wolves, but since fighting against tough encounters I don't get them as much. I want one against a dragon soo much.

Brad

Every dragon I have killed in melee gives me the animation... and I wouldn't think I crit hit them all... I was using a soul trap axe. (not because I wanted to trap the sould cause I know you can't on dragons) but I'm a mage and thats the only melee weapon I use.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts