Can Unrelenting Force kill?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
^I already know it can kill at very low health opponents, such as my follower when they are down.. But, I recently used all three words on a Silver Hand member, and he instantly died. I never hit him, and he didn't even fly back. He just slumped back in his chair, dead. Just want to know if this is a bug or if I got lucky.

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
I think of you use Unrelenting Force on an opponent and it hits something it does falling damage? Thats about all I can think of.

Unrelenting force might as well be one of the deadliest shouts, since it sends most enemies (including Giants),
flying quite a distance.
Aiming it so that your opponent gets launched off a cliff, wall, bridge or what ever you can
think of is a very effective way to kill.
Always try to pay attention to and use your environment in tough battles.

I killed 4 frost trolls with one shout when I was mining gold on a mountain southwest of windhelm.
Yes, there is a cave up there, right next to the gold.
Acting like guards they are just sitting there waiting for someone to try and take the gold.
By running past them, turning around, Moving quickly until I have the high ground and the trolls were lined up just beneath and in front of me.
With the right timing I could shout them all at the same time sending them bouncing down the mountain to an instant death.

One fus ro dah, 4 dead frost trolls.

While attacking a fort, while doing the stormcloak or imperial quest line.
You will have many opportunities to shout several soldiers off the forts surrounding walls.
By making as many as possible chase you until they are in position with their backs on the edge of the wall.
I've always wondered what it would look like from the outside as
A spectator lol, seeing dovakiin enter and 1 minute later you can hear fus RO DAH! And then seeing 5 - 6 men flying out of the place, must look quite funny.

Oh and about that silver had guy you mentioned. (who sounds like he was a really weak bastard)
Sounds like he got launched quite hard while not being very far away from his chair, still doing the the standing up animation perhaps?
Causing him to get stuck in seated position on the chair.
The reason that this can happen is because of the chair, since it's not possible to damage it or even to move it what so ever like it was made out of solid steel....

His death was perhaps caused by the ultra quick bounce thing glitch thing that sometimes happens when enemies and people gets shouted in between stuff or Into small spaces.
Possibly in this case In between the chair and the table?

My guess, as an answer to your actual question.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Oh yes it can when you have all three words. It's my favorite shout because of this.

Adam Warlock

I`ve been Fus`d a number of times by Dragr Deathlords and once by Alduin , but the shout itself didn`t kill me.
However , I died once to a Deathlord who shouted me down and then whacked me with an Ebony Battleaxe before I could get back up.
Despite this , I know the shout can be deadly since it will kill some of my weaker Dead Thralls if I use it on them. But i think it`s some kind of fall damage that kills them because the shout just does a stagger or push with no damage of it`s own listed anywhere I can find.

I`ve been Fus`d a number of times by Dragr Deathlords and once by Alduin , but the shout itself didn`t kill me.
However , I died once to a Deathlord who shouted me down and then whacked me with an Ebony Battleaxe before I could get back up.

Oh yes...
Hate when they shout you down and then start shooting super accurate ebony arrows with an ebony bow on you while your character is trying to do the "getting back up animation"...
Ebony Battleaxe is not very nice neither if they manage to get close enough with it.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
i usually have it on all the time, i love this shout, probably the shortest reload time, and if you get in deep you can use it to give you a little bit of time to regroup. i usually hit them with marked for death as well. one of my new favorite shouts

Adam Warlock

i usually have it on all the time, i love this shout, probably the shortest reload time, and if you get in deep you can use it to give you a little bit of time to regroup. i usually hit them with marked for death as well. one of my new favorite shouts
Watch out you don`t hit a follower with the Marked For Death shout as it will reduce their armor rating as well as your enemies !

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
Watch out you don`t hit a follower with the Marked For Death shout as it will reduce their armor rating as well as your enemies !
hence why i no longer have lydia.....

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
Poor Lydia....poor followers.... always getting in the way. :mad:

I was fighting the ghost triplets to forge an amulet, was healing lydia so she could basically be my tank. she was taking way to long so i started fighting then... her face met my war axe

IpmaN

You can also kill Giants with your Unrelenting Force Shout. I've done this about 3 times and seeing those Giants being thrown by your shout is hilarious!

Revanchrist

When I was a lower level...well...I remember I used in on a Frost troll trying to kill me on the highest point on a mountain. I don't remember which, it wasn't throat of the world; however, it was pretty high. It flew pretty far and fell, so being curious I went down the mountain to see, and it was dead. So in a way it's how you use it that determines how lethal it can be.

DragonbornMaster

Oh yes...
Hate when they shout you down and then start shooting super accurate ebony arrows with an ebony bow on you while your character is trying to do the "getting back up animation"...
Ebony Battleaxe is not very nice neither if they manage to get close enough with it.
Have you tried using health potions while watching them hit u so u dont die?

Brew Bear

I'd argue it can. Maybe there's small chance each time...

I was near Throat of the World when a dragon touched down. It was just a low level dragon. But when I gave it a little taste of fus roh dah instantly died. No falling. It just blew across the narrow path into a little ledge and that was it. Astounding. Especially since a bandit or a wolf will get back up after the same strike however. But I believe I have killed a wolf and bandit before.

I'll do more research in a little bit and update my answer, bed time. :)

Chadonraz

I'd argue it can. Maybe there's small chance each time...

I was near Throat of the World when a dragon touched down. It was just a low level dragon. But when I gave it a little taste of fus roh dah instantly died. No falling. It just blew across the narrow path into a little ledge and that was it. Astounding. Especially since a bandit or a wolf will get back up after the same strike however. But I believe I have killed a wolf and bandit before.

I'll do more research in a little bit and update my answer, bed time. :)
The dragon thing sounds like the random encounter where a dragon shows up and dies the instant it lands (even if it hasn't taken any damage whatsoever). There was probably a burned cart with some corpses nearby.

As for the OP from years ago, that sounds hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if the theories about the chair were right, knowing Skyrim's physics. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts