Can This Work? Xbox 360 games with texture mods and mesh?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

andrewgamer

i've found many forums going from using usbs and a program called modio to the horizion program also but all they do is do console commands.My idea on how you could actually load texture mods and mesh mods is by downloading the whole skyrim game to your thumb drive and then understanding what is says from there using the program modio or horizon. then you could place the mods in that skyrim file and rehash it and all so that it work and then plug it into your xbox 360 and load it from theusb drive with the small help from the skyrim cd being in the cd drive. This is still all a guess in the dark but it sounds reasonable. I've gotten so far as to actually see the fully downloaded skyrim game on the thumb drive but i cant understand what it say :/ i'm no professional, just a hobbiest and skyrim fanatic. I'm hoping this post fishes some professionals to try this and post how it goes for them and see if they can make some headway

Sierra_G719

Ranger of Skyrim
I doubt it on 2 reasons

1 you need access to the files located in the CD to mod it. PC people put all the files on their Hard Drive so they can do that stuff

2 I dont think the Xbox can handle that high a graphics mod. Depending on what you plan to mod.

andrewgamer

1. I know when you download the full skyrim game to your usb drive it also runs it from there so you can get through loading screens alittle faster then normal so im guessing it must be loading the vanilla texture mods and mesh mods from said usb drive too

2.i just plan to do body mods and maybe small things . keep it safe and not push the graphic card to hard. i know the xbox box is all about cpu power and keeping frame rates at 30 but graphic quality is not so good.

andrewgamer

Also i'm in no way thinking i'm right or that this is still possible. I'm just using my stubborn reasoning to think of ways and details to see if this is at all possible. I respect you for replying to my request and thank you

Sierra_G719

Ranger of Skyrim
While I think this is absurd, and I'm no modding genius myself, but try taking the files to you comp, replacing the vanilla textures on your comp. But remember to back up the files incase it all goes to hell.

andrewgamer

it is a nearly impossible task but i don't think its impossible .I'll post a youtube video very soon after this post showing how i think this can work and how far i got doing this

andrewgamer

here we go, its not that good cause its with a webcam and a crappy one at that but i'm hoping maybe its good enough for you to see where i'm getting at.

andrewgamer

Also it added an annotation at 4:39 saying how you could just buy and download it from the xbox 360 marketplace and have it downloaded to your thumb drive which it turn you could plug into your computer with horizon on it and look at the files inside it and hopefully change it from there. Also no risk of losing skyrim cause if all else fail and you crash your skyrim, you can delete the whole thing and re-download it since you purchased it once

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts